Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: YA GODS - Yet Another Game of Divine Simulation - 9/9 [Turn 1]  (Read 3986 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

YA GODS is a godgame, with an emphasis on empowering players to pursue their own narrative, while at the same time, tempting them to stray from the path.

At the beginning of this game, the world will be vast and unknown to the gods. Much of the world will be shapeless, but you are far from the first to colonize these lands. As such, ancient ruins and indigenous beings may be discovered. Yet for the most part the world will be built from the ground up by the players, serving both as an expression of creativity, as well as a sandbox to pursue goals in an evolving narrative.

This is a game more about creating and writing than it is about anything else. Players will be expected to and be rewarded for putting effort into their posts. This world will quickly populate with mortals, cultures, religions, monsters and all manner of interesting things to interact with, and building that kind of depth comes from both the GM and the players. Lean into the world and create something worthwhile, write around what interests you and you will find there will be plenty to work with.

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ownership for idiots (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spending Rules (click to show/hide)

-:TURNS:-
TURN 0
TURN 1
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 06:12:15 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: YA GODS - Yet Another Game of Divine Simulation - 0/6
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 08:51:43 pm »

Name - Ca
Sphere - Predestination
Description - None.
Starting Bonus -

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 09:21:01 pm »

Name - Al'Quizeya
Sphere - Progress
Description - Al'Quizeya takes the form of a masterfully crafted object with no imperfections. This object's appearance is that of the most technologically advanced device that its beholder has knowledge of.
Starting Bonus - (1) race of mortals
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 10:53:14 pm »

Name - Al'Quizeya
Sphere - Progress
Description - Al'Quizeya takes the form of a masterfully crafted object with no imperfections. This object's appearance is that of the most technologically advanced device that its beholder has knowledge of.
just as planned

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 08:02:37 am »

Name - 『 』
Sphere - 『 』
Description - 『 』
Starting Bonus - 『 』
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 08:04:18 am by TricMagic »

brangerlon

• Bay Watcher
  • thermoreactive being
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 08:18:07 am »

Name - The Slag
Sphere - impurities
Description - a heap of living slag
This Eternal Flame of Toxicity will kill all!!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YA GODS - Yet Another Game of Divine Simulation - 4/6
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 04:27:46 pm »

Name - Ca
Sphere - Predestination
Description - None.
Starting Bonus -
Accepted, [2], Would you like a template for your race of mortals, or for RNG to decide?
Name - Al'Quizeya
Sphere - Progress
Accepted, Would you like a template for your race of mortals, or for RNG to decide?
Name - 『 』
Sphere - 『 』
Description - 『 』
Starting Bonus - 『 』
Accepted,
Cctewtecoeyezghdru,
The God of Battle,
who takes the form of a metallic Humanoid with a cobra head, four seal eyes situated high on its head, a tapir trunk, and a camel-like mouth,
3, Feature,  Would you like a template for your Feature, or for RNG to decide?
Name - The Slag
Sphere - impurities
Description - a heap of living slag
Accepted, Would you like a template for your race of mortals, or for RNG to decide?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2023, 04:29:54 pm »

Random. After all, whatever the RNG decides will be according to my plan anyways, so why exert myself?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2023, 04:41:43 pm »

Name - 『 』
Sphere - 『 』
Description - 『 』
Starting Bonus - 『 』
Accepted,
Cctewtecoeyezghdru,
The God of Battle,
who takes the form of a metallic Humanoid with a cobra head, four seal eyes situated high on its head, a tapir trunk, and a camel-like mouth,
3, Feature,  Would you like a template for your Feature, or for RNG to decide?
Behold this image and rejoice.

From mage.space. A small metallic humanoid within a cobra hood, four seal eyes within holes on it's ears, a massive honker for sucking in souls, and the mouth of a camel. Truly the image of victory. (As on discord, random. Let's see where Cctewtecoeyezghdru leads.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2023, 05:10:38 pm »

Go ahead and roll the dice on the mortal race.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2023, 06:59:00 pm »

Name: Gudboi
Sphere: Dogs
Description: The physical appearance of Gudboi is truly awe-inspiring. With its majestic and well-proportioned body, they exude an air of elegance and grace. His beautiful double coats, consisting of a dense and water-repellent outer coat and a soft and thick undercoat, are a sight to behold. The lustrous golden fur, ranging from shades of light cream to rich golden hues, shines brilliantly in any form of light, accentuating its natural beauty. Their expressive and intelligent eyes, typically dark and almond-shaped, radiate warmth and kindness. Complemented by a friendly and ever-wagging tail, their overall appearance is a harmonious blend of strength, agility, and undeniable charm. Gudboi’s physical presence truly captivates and delights all who have the privilege of beholding it.
Starting Bonus: (1) A race of mortals
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 12:45:14 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2023, 07:25:16 pm »

Random. After all, whatever the RNG decides will be according to my plan anyways, so why exert myself?
Name:Anogla
Description: large, tauric reptiles with narrow heads with eight narrow white eyes, tiny ears, no nose, and a short snout containing a mess of sharp teeth.
They have a thick neck, and two long, large arms that end in sharp hooked claws. they have a narrow chest, with a fat stomach, a thick waist and a muscular lower body.
They have two long thick forelegs with two-toed feet and two very long powerful back legs, broad round feet and a slender tail.
The Anogla's backs are covered in thick, rubbery skin, while the rest of their bodies are covered in thin scales.
They have the markings of a giraffe in yellow-green and mousey brown.
They are a physically intimidating and greatly intelligent species who possess no talent in the ways of Magic.
Surprisingly despite their size, they are rather peaceful creatures, prefering to avoid conflict.
They live in anarchistic Herds where leadership changes near constantly, and believe in no gods.

(As on discord, random. Let's see where Cctewtecoeyezghdru leads.)
Name: The Library
Description: An Inverted pyramidal tower, 1644 feet in height. The Library is approximately 270 feet wide at its base and tapers to 380 feet at its peak, with a sloping wall that becomes vertical about 635 feet above its base. The Library is a storehouse for the collected wisdom of an ancient civilization, its walls contain books and tablets of various materials, and it is filled with strange and incomprehensible technology. it is Unknown how Cctewtecoeyezghdru came into posession of The Library.

Go ahead and roll the dice on the mortal race.
Name: Weren
Description: They are humanoid invertebrates with skeletal heads covered in tendrils and long antennae, they have eight complex cream eyes, and a long jaw.
They have a prehensile neck, and four long, thin arms. they have a lean torso.
they have two fragile legs with two-toed hooves and no tail.
The Weren's heads, necks, shoulders and arms are covered in translucent skin, while the rest of their body is covered in thin, rubbery chitin.
Most of their bodies is light grey and mottled salmon pink, while the rest of their body is brown.
They are Physically rather weak yet highly intelligent species who possess great talent in the ways of Magic.
They are Unnaturally aggressive as a species, seeking conflict with almost any being that differs from them even slightly.
They live in Hives ruled by a 'Priest' Caste, and possess a zealous dedication to Al'Quizeya.

Name: Gudboi
Sphere: Dogs
Description: Looks like a golden retriever
Starting Bonus: (1) A race of mortals
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: YA GODS - Yet Another Game of Divine Simulation - 5/6!
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2023, 07:46:39 pm »

Name - Jackel Luvinsky The Hermit King
Sphere - Delusion
Description - A creature that looks much like a tall skinny human with the notable exception of having pure white skin and what looks to be a gold crown fused to his noggin. He also wears regal medieval style robes, has black hair, and seems to be missing his right pinky finger for some odd reason.
Starting Bonus - Roll the dice baby

(The mad king returns from a dead game! Bet Ca didn't see this one coming anyway same obligatory song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsb4I0NYYYM)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 07:48:19 pm by Fluffe9911 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2023, 08:41:43 pm »

Name - Jackel Luvinsky The Hermit King
Sphere - Delusion
Description - A creature that looks much like a tall skinny human with the notable exception of having pure white skin and what looks to be a gold crown fused to his noggin. He also wears regal medieval style robes, has black hair, and seems to be missing his right pinky finger for some odd reason.
Starting Bonus - Roll the dice baby

(The mad king returns from a dead game! Bet Ca didn't see this one coming anyway same obligatory song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsb4I0NYYYM)
Accepted, (4), +10 extra Acts.

Game will start within 72 hours, or 24 hours of brangerlon saying if he wants the Mortal Template or me to RNG him a race, whichever takes the most time.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2023, 08:46:55 pm »

Ca, would you so kindly inform the GM which mortal race The Slag wants?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4