Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: YA GODS - Yet Another Game of Divine Simulation - 9/9 [Turn 1]  (Read 3974 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: YA GODS - Yet Another Game of Divine Simulation - 9/9!
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2023, 12:39:01 am »

Give me a template!

Alright, Fill this in! anything that's unfilled will be randomly generated! *glances at Viw's nameless race*

Code: (mortal template) [Select]
[race]
Name:
Description:
Physical Ability - [low] [average] [high]
Mental Ability - [low] [average] [high]
Magical Ability - [low] [average] [high]
[culture]
Aggression: [pacifistic] [low] [medium] [high] [warmonger]
Starting Religious Status: [atheistic] [low] [medium] [high] [zealotous]
Starting Government type:
Details:

As I understand it, you're supposed to give the template if you're not going for a random race (in which case crazyabe randomly generates the template). Not sure if that's what you were saying so just thought I'd mention.
The point of the offer of a Template rather than going 'all in' on the RNG from the get go after a random starting bonus is chosen, is to confirm if players want a mess generated through a mixture of AI, Spreadsheet bullshittery, and GM fuckery- or to write their own answers without having to worry about my automated mortal generating spreadsheet rolling several [1]s and ending up with *technically* sentient Snakes that are barely categorizable as 'mortals' and are constantly at war with anyone who believes in the gods.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 12:53:49 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2023, 05:51:35 am »

[race]
Name:
Description:
Garishly colourful Parrot Jumping Spider hybrid things (with hands) who enjoy constantly espousing their every thought stream of conscious style from one of their two mouths, while the other occasionally speaks something particular important, or gives or warnings or the like. Surprisingly religiously worshipful of Viw, and belligerent, believing that that sometimes the best way to communicate is at the end of a sword.

Physical Ability - [high]
Mental Ability - [high]
Magical Ability - [average]
[culture]
Aggression: [high]
Starting Religious Status: [high]
Starting Government type: Direct Democracy
Details:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 06:18:45 am by Demonic Spoon »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2023, 12:39:06 pm »

Name: Shepherds
Description: Tall furred upright standing canine-humanoids who contains a variety of colors in their furs and pelts, from yellow to brown. Generally having amicable and social personalities among them, having gone from a hunter and gatherer society to still being pack hunters containing opposable thumbs on their hand-paws but still having hind paws that allow them to stand. Their zealotry nature comes from their loyalty to the pack and the kins, generational obedience is common among them.
Physical Ability - High
Mental Ability - Low
Magical Ability - Average
[culture] ?
Aggression: Low
Starting Religious Status: Zealotous
Starting Government type: Chiefdom
Details: ?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 12:46:26 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YA GODS - Yet Another Game of Divine Simulation - 9/9 [Turn 1]
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2023, 01:40:16 pm »

[Turn 0]

In the Time before Time there was a World, this story is not about that World, but rather a shard that came after.

Upon this Shard, Two gods had settled, Cctewtecoeyezghdru - God of Battle, and Kjnnnltiorb Scretmeomae - God of Cold, when upon them came 7 more gods, Ca - God of Predestination, Al'Quizeya - God of Progress, The Slag - God of impurities, Gudboi - God of Dog, Jackel Luvinsky The Hermit King - God of Delusion, Viw - God of Communication, and Celluk - God of Cycles

Seeing this shard, of stability in the sea of change- these New Gods thought to make this their home.

[Turn 1]

Event: The Void is silent No guests pass this world this turn
The world is [Lifeless].

In the distance you can feel another Shard, smaller, though perhaps it is more populous than this one?

Spoiler: Player Status (click to show/hide)

Information
Spoiler: Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts, Relics, etc (click to show/hide)

Mortals
Spoiler: Anogla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weren (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bryere (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Uiso (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shepards (click to show/hide)
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2023, 02:24:56 pm »

Cctewtecoeyezghdrsees a field not of grass but of waves, mountains held and contested by those living upon them. A battle for resources and land, with the waves hiding the deeper valleys. And nestled within one of those mountains is their Library, containing tomes from another time entire. One mountain lies empty of Features, while the other is in flux for their "sibling" God of Cold to place.

Quote from: Biome placed in Empty Slot
The Floating Mountains (5 Acts)
A chain of islands comprised of the peaks of an underwater mountain range, 3 are large enough to support life, though smaller island peaks pop up here and there, eroded into isles.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2023, 02:42:20 pm »

Clarification request, could I create a biome directly into the region 1 biome slot for the acts required to create it? Or would I first need to spend the acts to create it, the spend acts to place it per the cost for placing biomes? 🤔

$$$Pricecheck:
Explorer rover-drone, who will boldy explore into dark regions where no Viw has gone before.

A mundane forest biome in region 1

Placing the Bryere

Viw fluctuates in hypnotic holding patterns, before drifting closer to two other gods, Cctewtecoeyezghdru and Kjnnnltiorb Scretmeomae, their plates thrumming amicably in overture, "Hello there fine deities of wondrous libraries and statueriams. I hold within my hidden self a refugee-colony of my beloved Bryere mortals, and seek a place for them to be released from burdensome stasis and be free to communicate once more."

Viw hums in simple arithmetic, "As such, I would like to propose that we establish a threeway joint ownership, or communal ownership, or some combination, over this region of something within the yawning anyss of nothing, and xo-operate and filling out the empty soace around your lovely wonders with a fledgling ecosystem which would be amenable to the Bryere."

Viw shudders slightly in expectation, "Is this agreeable, concordant?"

Viw seems bounce happily as they see Cctewtecoeyezghdrsees begin creating a life-bearing paradigm from the raw primal creation, "Most wonderful, most wonderful. Would it be agreeable for me to place the Bryere here to pontificate and contemplate and complicate and defenestrate?"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 03:12:29 pm by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2023, 02:50:48 pm »

Cctewtecoeyezghdru speaks

"You who arrived after, fight for the rights of this Shard. They who strike first before it is even known wins. And so I have superseded you before you even arrived to the battlefield." Cctewtecoeyezghdru does not care to make an agreement for those who have not yet lifted a blade.

"Place your mortals upon this land, I care not. They shall fight each other all the same, just as we do." Cctewtecoeyezghdru has no complaints about the placement of mortals upon it's region, nor the creation of locations and other features.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 03:24:56 pm by TricMagic »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2023, 02:56:44 pm »

Quote from: Responses
Clarification request, could I create a biome directly into the region 1 biome slot for the acts required to create it? Or would I first need to spend the acts to create it, the spend acts to place it per the cost for placing biomes? 🤔
You have to create a Biome in a Biome slot, Creation is implying the creation of a *slot* rather than the biome itself, IE 10 acts for a Biome slot, 5 for the actual biome
$$$Pricecheck:
Explorer rover-drone, who will boldy explore into dark regions where no Viw has gone before.

A mundane forest biome in region 1

Placing the Bryere
1 - 4 for something akin to a mars rover, with the caveat that you won't hear back from it until the Region is undarkened, 5-10 for something you *will* hear back from

3 Acts, or 1.5x the next highest bid on the slot, whichever is higher

*FREE*
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2023, 03:11:45 pm »

A FINE PLACE AGAIN

Create Feature in Feature 3 slot: Cellukia - a labryinthine city raised from stone full of circular passages that lead towards the centre. All mortals are welcome here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2023, 03:29:09 pm »

A FINE PLACE AGAIN

Create Feature in Feature 3 slot: Cellukia - a labryinthine city raised from stone full of circular passages that lead towards the centre. All mortals are welcome here.
Several of Viw's plates bloom like flowers, the bonemetalstone pistils engorging and distending before popping in showers of blood, as the Bryere rain down mostly in the city of Cellukia, with about a third scattered over the rest of the region.

Place two thirds of the Bryere in Cellukia, and the other third all over the entirety of region 1 in locations they have a decent chance of surviving in

Viw, now a proud mother, strikes together some of its plates in celebration, creating sparks which explode like fireworks.

Incidentally, the fireworks reveal a strange fractal truth of reality, which spontanously assembles itself into a sturdy rover of mother of pearl shell and finest emerald, finely equipped to explore new frontiers and report their findings to the rapaciously curious Viw.

Blood constantly bleeds from a never-healing wound on its underside, a potent tribute to appease new lands and life and spirits it might encounter.

The brave and idomitable explorer hero rover is christened Bright Dawn by Viw.

Spend 10 acts creating Bright Dawn, explorer hero in the shape of a mars rover made of mother of pearl and emerald, who is ever-bleeding.
Send Bright Dawn to explore the Dark Shard.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 03:47:50 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2023, 05:20:19 pm »

Al'Quizeya

Al'Quizeya considers the situation. The Weren pledged to it were not yet developed, and they were unlikely to survive a serious war with the mortals of most of the other gods and even more unlikely to live in peace with them. It thus decided to send them to the Dark Region where they would hopefully be able to prosper via the use of a massive divine construct...

Object of Power "Weren Seedship" (5 Acts)
A large hexagonal shiplike divine object that houses the Weren species. This is a single-use device with the purpose of transporting the Weren to the Dark Region. It has its own scanners powered by the initial act expenditure and will attempt to seek out an unpopulated area that is survivable by mortals and unclaimed by lesser gods, then land in the most suitable place it can find. The divine magic of this object is short-lived and at the end of the turn it will become an entirely mundane object. Upon landing in the Dark Region, it will unfold into a series of mundane structures which will not survive the test of time.

Research Project (3 Acts)
Name: ***** Survival (The asterisks will be replaced with the name of the biome that the Weren land on.
Act investment: 3 Acts
Description, what the technology is: General knowledge of how to navigate, obtain food, and generally survive in ***** biomes.
Description of what the technology does: The objective of this technology is to allow the Weren to thrive in whatever territory they end up in, despite not yet knowing the kind of territory it will be. The technology is general knowledge of a specific biome; once that biome is identified this technology only applies to that one biome with its name changed to reflect that.
Underlying technology: N/A

Edit: I don't think this needs to be clarified, but just in case: The Weren species is deployed to the Weren Seedship, and the Research Project is allocated to the Weren.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 11:14:10 am by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2023, 06:40:00 pm »

WHAT WAS WILL BE
WHAT WILL BE WAS

USE 10 ACTS TO RECURSE THE GAME, CREATING A BRIEF WORMHOLE TO THE ENDSTATE. THROUGH THIS SUMMON A REPRESENATIVE OF THE END, THE SPHERE, WHICH KNOWS ALL EVENTS TO COME. AN OFFICIOUS CREATURE, IT ACTS ONLY ACCORDING TO ITS KNOWLEDGE OF HOW IT HAS ACTED, AND SHALL ACT LIMITLESS TIMES AGAIN.

DO WITH THE angola AS THE GAME DEMANDS, RELEASING THEM UPON THE cellukia.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2023, 06:52:44 pm »

Apologies for any rules or other things I misunderstood, just throwing out an idea and hoping it sticks
Maybe price check?
Thinking this along the lines of a magical location
Feature 2 Location 1
The Ice Pillar of Kjnnnltiorb Scretmeomae

A massive pillar of ice located deep within the Forest of Statues.
Any mortals that encounter the Ice Pillar have the chance to offer objects of warmth to the Pillar, and by extension Kjnnnltiorb Scretmeomae. Objects of warmth would be of clothing, warm foods like soup, or simply coals and charcoal. Those who did give offerings to the Pillar would notice good fortune, like crops would not fail in cold snaps, increased presence of grubs that feeds livestock or attract animals to hunters
Alternatively, mortals may decide to start melting the pillar in hopes of riches and treasure. often little to be gained, though stories of those who did became rich are everpresent, but it comes with the risk of angering Kjnnnltiorb Scretmeomae.
The Pillar magically restore itself to its undamaged state once winter arrives

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2023, 04:39:42 pm »

So... got an eta on when the next turn will be?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2023, 05:16:15 pm »

Some time between “a couple days past those last three acting” and “next Sunday”.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4