Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47814 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #585 on: April 19, 2023, 10:34:09 pm »

Everybody makes fun of me for wanting to play Noita,

but I haven't played any goddamn Noita since starting this game. :(
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 19, 2023, 10:34:58 pm »

PPE:  Oh hey there's Curious_Cat.

Curious_Cat:  Can you clarify your case on Fallacy, please?

I'm not sure I can explain it better than in the post I linked to above (the one where I asked Fallacy and Tric some questions), but I basically think that lynching either Fallacy or Tric would provide a lot of information for the town to go on and, if Fallacy turned out to be a mis-lynch, the repercussions for the town would be less that if Tric were mis-lynched.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 19, 2023, 10:35:25 pm »

Everybody makes fun of me for wanting to play Noita,

but I haven't played any goddamn Noita since starting this game. :(
You could always give an actual response to my case against you if you want instead of a blank dismissal and then going silent like you have.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 19, 2023, 10:36:26 pm »

What even is Noita?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 19, 2023, 10:38:50 pm »

What even is Noita?
Swedish roguelike wizard game with truly custom spells that is designed to be broken and teaches metaphors about greed through gameplay. It's a ton of fun and recently started getting updates again after the dev team went silent for a couple years.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 19, 2023, 10:39:33 pm »

What even is Noita?
A roguelike where you are a squishy wizard / alchemist and make your own spells by arranging spells in wands, with way too many secrets and extreme difficulty

Now give a reason for voting for me that isn't just meta stuff repeated ad nauseam

What even is Noita?
Swedish roguelike wizard game with truly custom spells that is designed to be broken and teaches metaphors about greed through gameplay. It's a ton of fun and recently started getting updates again after the dev team went silent for a couple years.
Yes, that.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 19, 2023, 10:41:42 pm »

TOASTER'S CURRENT TIER LIST

Flailing Scum tier
FallacyofUrist

Scummy lurker tier
Knightwing
EuchreJack
NQT (Maybe? Even Scum NQT is usually active)

Lurker tier
Egan
Fluffe

Incomprehensible Tier
TricMagic

ERROR INSUFFICIENT DATA tier
Jimberly
Lenglon

Doing well enough for D1 tier
Maximum Spin
Juicebox... assuming they vote with logic
hector
ToonyMan

Town Tier
Curious_Cat

Well, I know who I need to read now, at least.

general PSA: I am a fan of Lynch-All-Lurkers policy-votes on day 1. As a reminder I started playing mafia during the extend-spam phase of the forum, and saw many games die from inactivity and saw many scum wins through silence. I am 180% willing to swap off of a day 1 (specifically day 1) lynch case to a policy-vote.

Who's your current pick for said lurker lynch?  Why?
Knightwing, followed by NQT and Jack. Knightwing is especially a problem because IIRC knightwing is normally highly active. NQT is next because although NQT normal meta is low-activity for most of D1, he does normally step it up as we near day end. By day's end I expect him to have analysis of D1 as a whole for us, and if it doesn't show then it'll be quite odd. Jack's last only because the other two stand out so much as problems, and I don't have a feel for Jack's meta so I don't know what standard to expect. All three are currently acceptable to me.

Okay.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 19, 2023, 10:46:13 pm »

No one's going to tell me what "managing town" means?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 19, 2023, 10:47:05 pm »

You should ask Max and Jim specifically. They're the ones using it in their arguments and they wouldn't agree with my summary of it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 19, 2023, 10:48:27 pm »

Not really a phrase I use, but the best example I can give is right here in thread where Fallacy is proposing a plan and trying to get everyone to go along.  At least in my opinion.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 19, 2023, 10:50:04 pm »

Yeah, this case has exhausted its usefulness. Since there's no way it actually goes through unless Tric makes the scum slip of a lifetime, unvote.

Not really a phrase I use, but the best example I can give is right here in thread where Fallacy is proposing a plan and trying to get everyone to go along.  At least in my opinion.
But that's something players of all alignments do...
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 19, 2023, 10:50:42 pm »

Can confirm.
The first half of the post is also managing town - telling everyone what "the question" should be and then telling everyone what to think about that instead of giving a real reads list.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 19, 2023, 10:51:18 pm »

Oh yeah; error correction.

NQT:  Actually don't much like NQT so far.  NQT loves to throw big walls of text with in depth arguments.  Instead we see three weak votes.  Not happy with NQT's content at all.

Upon further review, I'm pretty sure that first vote on juicebox is an RVS vote.  That doesn't really affect my read on him, but I wanted to correct myself.

Fallacy:
Yeah, this case has exhausted its usefulness. Since there's no way it actually goes through unless Tric makes the scum slip of a lifetime, unvote.

But that's something players of all alignments do...

I did say it's not something I use.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 19, 2023, 10:52:56 pm »

I didn't say it's something everyone uses, I said it's something all alignments use. Townies want cooperative townies and scum want cooperative townies.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 19, 2023, 10:54:54 pm »

FoU, Toaster said it's a phrase they don't use. You're arguing with people that agree with you that it's a nulltell.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 92