Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47820 times)

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #570 on: April 19, 2023, 09:58:29 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> FallacyofUrist --4-- Jim Groovester*, Maximum Spin*, A_Curious_Cat*, Toaster*,
EuchreJack        --3-- notquitethere*, Fluffe9911*, ToonyMan*,
Toaster           --2-- EuchreJack*, EuchreJack*,
Jim Groovester    --1-- Lenglon*,
Lenglon           --1-- TricMagic*,
notquitethere     --1-- hector13*,
TricMagic         --1-- FallacyofUrist*,
A_Curious_Cat     --0--
Egan_BW           --0--
Fluffe9911        --0--
hector13          --0--
juicebox          --0--
Knightwing64      --0--
Maximum Spin      --0--
ToonyMan          --0--
No One            --0--

Not Voting        --3-- Egan_BW*, juicebox*, Knightwing64,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on April 20, 2023 at 18:00 Central Daylight Time (19 hours and 57 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 19, 2023, 10:02:20 pm »

Who's more trustworthy - Jim Groovester or hector13?
hector13 no contest simply through avoiding most of the Tric argument and not making bizzare semi contradictory or confusing posts like Jim has done
I disagree. I don't think Jim bothers if he doesn't care. I'm seeing real frustration from him. Hector's distant approach makes him less trustworthy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 19, 2023, 10:03:25 pm »

Just a note that I may not be here at the end of Day.  It is possible that I could extend it by one hour and be here for sure, or I will simply let it end where it is, but you may not get rapid-fire Mamobo updates like usual in that case.  I'll let you guys know later, but if it's important to keep track, just send me a Discord message or PM, and if enough people complain, I'll make sure I'm here and potentially end the Day at 19:00.  (No influencing the decision out in the open!)

Also, thank you for being a bit chiller.  This is a nice chill atmosphere to be at.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 19, 2023, 10:07:56 pm »

I'd appreciate an extra hour; it'd give me actual time to participate on a desktop instead of like 15 minutes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 19, 2023, 10:08:14 pm »

Okay, after running through all the players in my head I was able to remember everyone eventually, but it took me the longest to remember notquitethere, so let's vote him out to make it easier on me.
Jack should vote him.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 19, 2023, 10:12:45 pm »

Toony, NQT, and Fluffe: What are your arguments against Jack?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 19, 2023, 10:15:15 pm »

Phew!  Finally caught up again!

Looks like I don't see anything that would make me change my vote.

I also notice that neither Fallacy nor Tric has replied to the questions that I left for them in my previous post.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 19, 2023, 10:17:24 pm »

Toony, NQT, and Fluffe: What are your arguments against Jack?
He's not here. I know him and NQT have given reasons for being less around but I want to see fresh faces and thoughts that don't drain the soul from my body.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 19, 2023, 10:19:06 pm »

Also, while were at it:

What does "managing town" mean?

I'm pretty sure that there was another term that I didn't know, but I can't seem to remember it now.  Oh well, I guess I'll remeber it eventually...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 19, 2023, 10:22:22 pm »

First off, let's list some players who are just skating by here, mostly in order of most to least egregious.

Knightwing.  Has a total of two posts I'd qualify as actual content posts, here and here, if I'm generous.  He's also never voted, a red flag.  Worst of the bunch.

EuchreJack:  Claims to be voting on his own, but "just happened to" follow someone he said he'd be happy to sheep.  Barely anything in terms of original thought.

Egan.  Posted in RVS (and voted, at least) then unvoted later:
Unvote.
Would rather eliminate mafia today than Tric, reflecting on it.

Has a read list kept in post that hasn't been seen in quite a while.  Egan has professed lack of time energy yesterday, sure, I get it, but there hasn't been any content today either.  No vote either.

NQT:  Actually don't much like NQT so far.  NQT loves to throw big walls of text with in depth arguments.  Instead we see three weak votes.  Not happy with NQT's content at all.

Fluffe:  Oh hey I actually forgot Fluffe was playing.  Fluffe's sole argument (on EuchreJack) has merit, but it's not an especially out there one.

Curious_Cat:  I'm willing to throw a bone here on D1 since Cat has no experience.  However, Cat, the later in the game it gets, the less generous I feel.  Still pretty sure town, but that's zero excuse to not hunt scum.

I'd like to see juicebox commit to a vote, but otherwise there's enough.

6 of 15 skating... High chance of at least one scum in this bucket.  Anyway, let's dig more; active lurking callouts are easy.

PPE:  Oh hey there's Curious_Cat.

Curious_Cat:  Can you clarify your case on Fallacy, please?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 19, 2023, 10:23:03 pm »

Phew!  Finally caught up again!

Looks like I don't see anything that would make me change my vote.

I also notice that neither Fallacy nor Tric has replied to the questions that I left for them in my previous post.

Reminder appreciated.

FallacyofUrist, why should I vote someone other than you?  And why should that person be TricMagic (and not, say, Jim Groovester)?

TricMagic, what is your alignment (and how can we be sure)?
Because I'm voting for non-meta related reasons, and all Jim and Max seem to have is meta?

'meta' being 'interpreted patterns of how players played in previous games'.

If it actually looks like I'll be executed, I'll share the reason why I'm deviating from my own meta. It'll be helpful, but I'd rather not claim it earlier than that, because reasons.

There's still a lot of room for the vote to swerve, at least. Probably onto Jack instead of Jim, unfortunately.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 19, 2023, 10:23:58 pm »

Also, I'd like to mention that I've noticed that some people are replying without having read all of the previous posts in their entirety.  I think that may be a major reason for my relatively infrequent posts...

Also, I'd like to say that I'd very much like a D1 lynch (at least for "information purposes"), so I think that, yes, we should lynch someone.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 19, 2023, 10:25:26 pm »

general PSA: I am a fan of Lynch-All-Lurkers policy-votes on day 1. As a reminder I started playing mafia during the extend-spam phase of the forum, and saw many games die from inactivity and saw many scum wins through silence. I am 180% willing to swap off of a day 1 (specifically day 1) lynch case to a policy-vote.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 19, 2023, 10:26:53 pm »

general PSA: I am a fan of Lynch-All-Lurkers policy-votes on day 1. As a reminder I started playing mafia during the extend-spam phase of the forum, and saw many games die from inactivity and saw many scum wins through silence. I am 180% willing to swap off of a day 1 (specifically day 1) lynch case to a policy-vote.

Who's your current pick for said lurker lynch?  Why?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 19, 2023, 10:33:43 pm »

Who's your current pick for said lurker lynch?  Why?
Knightwing, followed by NQT and Jack. Knightwing is especially a problem because IIRC knightwing is normally highly active. NQT is next because although NQT normal meta is low-activity for most of D1, he does normally step it up as we near day end. By day's end I expect him to have analysis of D1 as a whole for us, and if it doesn't show then it'll be quite odd. Jack's last only because the other two stand out so much as problems, and I don't have a feel for Jack's meta so I don't know what standard to expect. All three are currently acceptable to me.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 92