Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 29804 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 1 wants off this rock
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2023, 05:05:54 am »

Holy smoke and mirrors, mountains and molehills.

I vote KW explicitly to get more out of him. It's D1, all your votes are trash anyway. Then I justify the vote more after reading back on him, seeing he's done nothing and people often underestimate him.

That's it. There's no greater mystery.

It sucks because I finally got a fun role. I'm down for a full claim?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2023, 05:34:30 am »

I reread some of his posts and I feel I might be being harsh on him in terms of his gut read on me, but I don’t think my play has changed materially between me asking him about his read on me and his unvote.
I'd like to argue the opposite here.

~~~~~

Example posts from hector before I voted him:
Can anyone tell me what we’re going to learn from this slightly ridiculous bandwagon?

Really, the first person off the wagon should be Tric though. I’ve got no love for policy voting you dude, but self-voting in RVS is - as we see with the majority of the town voting you - tremendously unhelpful. Poke someone.
My point with policy voting Brits was it’s just as arbitrary for policy voting Tric for being pants.

And yes, PMs or not is NAI, I just wanted to make sure y’all knew I’m not interested. It’s like third parties, they can go… away.
T’be fair the scum might have been told the town PMs don’t necessarily explicitly say their town, so it’s quite possible this isn’t clearing anyway.

Observational, passive viewpoint. Scum-like 'I'm giving helpful comments so I'm town, right guys?' activity. I know when I play scum I like to take situations and comment on how they're developing so people think I'm interacting.

~~~~~

Example posts from hector after I voted him:

Is that so?  I don't see that, but perhaps you have biases that I don't understand.  Why do you not suspect NQT?  How does your read of KW differ from Vector?

It’s not that I don’t suspect NQT, he’s one of the ones I’m not sure about, I’d just rather see other people flip before him.

Frankly KW and Vector are in the same boat. Neither of them have posted much, and I’m not huge on making decisions based on nothing. Vector did give an excuse pre-game though, which is why I’m voting KW in the hope that they actually post.

Where I’m at is FoU is scumlocked, and there’s probably scum among KW, Vector ,NQT, Jim, and Max, in approximate descending order of likelihood.
I don’t see any thought in FoU’s reads. He basically has five null reads and has an upset tummy read for his sole scumpick, and he appears to be making zero effort in solving those.

PPE: those are the players I am not sure about. KW popped up and then left, Vector has posted once as far as I can tell, NQT is… it feels like he’s doing things just to look like he’s doing things, but he’s here, and the previous two aren’t.

Jim seems a bit more serious than usual, but he did PM me with a quote of me saying I don’t want PMs just to spite me, which was funny, and gives a little town-cred over the others. Max is quite difficult for me to read so he generally always sits as a null read.

Direct attention, hunting for the scummiest players.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a substantive shift. And either you're scum taking this as an opportunity to shift your playstyle, or you're town and you've started properly contributing - at the moment it's like 20-80 or 30-70 odds, I give it - so it's not worth a vote on you right now.

Not when there's fresher meat to bite into.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2023, 05:43:37 am »

I vote KW explicitly to get more out of him. It's D1, all your votes are trash anyway. Then I justify the vote more after reading back on him, seeing he's done nothing and people often underestimate him.

I hate to say it, but KW doing nothing is not a scumtell. It's a KWtell.

Pick a better target.

Claim if you want but you still look scummy for going after possibly the easiest possible target other than Tric and trying to rustle up a quick bandwagon.

Or maybe that's too obvious.

See, this is why I try not to think in too many layers when I play mafia. WIFOM is completely unpredictable and at some point you just have to choose an interpretation and go with it, because that's more likely to succeed than being stuck between three possible realities.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2023, 05:49:35 am »

Is it wrong of me to say I don't give a shit about your role?

I don't think I care what your role is, unless you're offering some major value and are willing to back it up Day 2.

A public Day 1 claim is risky and subject to dopp interference during the Night, anyways.

Whatever role you claim doesn't change how you've been behaving, and I doubt it somehow justifies it either.
Generic Arms Race.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2023, 07:52:03 am »

You heathens

I want to do stuff

I just literally can’t

Power seems to have fixed itself, thankfully

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2023, 11:23:18 am »

You heathens

I want to do stuff

I just literally can’t

Power seems to have fixed itself, thankfully
I'd vote Knightwing for this.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 07, 2023, 11:29:57 am »

The Whiteboard
notquitethere: 4: EuchreJack, FallacyofUrist, Maximum Spin, webadict
FallacyofUrist: 3: hector13, Jim Groovester, TricMagic
hector13: 1: Knightwing64
Knightwing64: 1: notquitethere
Vector: 1: ToonyMan

Day ends ~5pm Pacific today, ~8.5 hours.

Vector has asked for a Replacement, their vote has been cleared.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, Vector! Covid stuff is serious, so I completely understand. Take care of yourself, we'll be here when you have time and energy to play again!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2023, 11:47:54 am »

Is it wrong of me to say I don't give a shit about your role?

I don't think I care what your role is, unless you're offering some major value and are willing to back it up Day 2.

A public Day 1 claim is risky and subject to dopp interference during the Night, anyways.

Whatever role you claim doesn't change how you've been behaving, and I doubt it somehow justifies it either.
Fallacy, please stop.  What you're doing isn't going to garner support, it's just going to make you look bad.

Please reconsider your point of attack before continuing.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #278 on: January 07, 2023, 11:51:30 am »

I'd point out if a claim gets you results, you might get let off. Mostly cause if you lie about that you get lynched.

Unless of course you're a miller. or commuter. I'll go ahead and say I'm tire right now. Just got done with my workout.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 07, 2023, 12:00:18 pm »

The Whiteboard
notquitethere: 4: EuchreJack, FallacyofUrist, Maximum Spin
FallacyofUrist: 3: hector13, Jim Groovester, TricMagic
hector13: 1: Knightwing64
Knightwing64: 1: notquitethere
Vector: 1: ToonyMan
Italics - I trust these votes, as they appear to be made in good faith.
Bold - I do not trust these votes, as they appear to be made haphazardly.
Deleted - I do not trust these votes, as they are bizarre.

The remainders are different.  Toony going after Vector implies that he doesn't see anyone scummier than no one, which implies that there is experienced or low-lying scum, especially given that one of his targets (FoU) is high on the chopping block.  notquitethere voting for Knightwing is just kinda a whatever vote, given that he doesn't have hard suspicions, and thus Knightwing being a viable vote isn't particularly noteworthy to me, but it is a little lazy...

CONSOLIDATION OF VOTES, PEOPLE.  We've got 7 hours before Day end, so I'd like people to start making up their minds.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 07, 2023, 12:04:18 pm »

NQT, would you be willing to claim to EuchreJack, Max, me, or publicly?  I'd say Jim, but Jim is a blabbermouth, and I don't want him telling ToonyMan right now.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 07, 2023, 12:12:36 pm »

NQT, would you be willing to claim to EuchreJack, Max, me, or publicly?  I'd say Jim, but Jim is a blabbermouth, and I don't want him telling ToonyMan right now.
NQT has claimed to me.

But it doesn't matter, since I am contractually obligated to vote Fallacyofurist

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 07, 2023, 12:14:13 pm »

In that case, I will vote Knightwing64, like Max was saying.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 07, 2023, 12:24:52 pm »

I should point out, I offered to switch my vote to Fallacy due to spotting his scum tell: he is trying to be the center of attention.

The few times I have seen him as town/townish, he has been more relaxed.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 07, 2023, 12:31:16 pm »

Great, come to back to web voting me. Let me get a simple question out

What is your reason for voting me? Because I said my power finally got fixed? Please Web, elaborate to us lowly peons your reasoning for your well placed vote on me.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41