Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 34874 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 1 wants off this rock
« Reply #255 on: January 07, 2023, 12:52:11 am »

How sure are you on Knightwing?
Not enough to be comfortable voting him out today, enough to be comfortable voting him out tomorrow if he doesn't shape up.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 07, 2023, 12:58:15 am »

Are you guys having a weird fight?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2023, 01:06:32 am »

...I think that's called "dating"

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2023, 01:12:00 am »

The Whiteboard
notquitethere: 4: EuchreJack, FallacyofUrist, Maximum Spin, webadict
FallacyofUrist: 2: hector13, TricMagic
Knightwing64: 2: Jim Groovester, notquitethere
hector13: 1: Knightwing64
Vector: 1: ToonyMan
webadict: 1: Vector

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Saturday (tomorrow)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 07, 2023, 01:39:54 am »

I apologize to everyone for this but I should ask to be replaced. Normally I try to play even if my D1 has been hot garbage, but I got some surprising blood tests results back this week (thanks, COVID!) and need to make some lifestyle changes. I'm just not focusing on this well right now and probably need to relax and work on health stuff.

Sorry y'all. I'll try to get in on the next BYOR or whatever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2023, 02:13:18 am »

See you next time.

Re: notquitethere: Even if I don't agree with notquitethere about Knightwing64 I think his behavior around his vote slants town rather than scum I.e., asking other people about their reads on Knightwing64, challenging the assumptions going into the reads, trying to coalesce a consensus around the vote, not letting the more widely held opinion sway his own, etc. Not to say scum don't do these things or that scum nqt wouldn't do these things, but I think town nqt engages this way much more readily than scum nqt.

I don't think a nqt lynch finds scum here.

I usually find NQT and FoU naturally scummy at least.

Well yeah FoU is alwaysscum for a reason.

There was one game, and I can't remember what it was, where FallacyofUrist felt like town and actually was. I remember being in a spectator chat at the time.

This does not feel like that FoU.

PFP so I can't elaborate too hard, but are FoU's soliloquy comment and his comment about me being a rolling stone and others (which I would elaborate on if I weren't pfping) what somebody types out if they actually believe what they're saying, or is it performative? Because it feels a lot like the latter to me.

@Jim: Psst, if you vote Fallacy, I'll vote Fallacy too. How about it?

You're on.

FallacyofUrist.

Goddamn do I hate pfping.

Also I'm visiting family right now but there's not much going on or to do up here so I shouldn't be too unavailable but I expect I might not be around for the deadline, which is ironic given my comments about when votes stop being shitposts.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2023, 02:14:45 am »

Somebody convince me it is notquitethere because I frequently find myself holding water for the scumteam.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2023, 02:30:31 am »

I really wish I hadn't stopped weightlifting for months because now I'm weak and worse than being weak I feel weak.

I can push my bodyweight off my chest, but can I push the bodyweight of everybody playing this game off my chest? I'm not so sure.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2023, 02:32:04 am »

… y’alright there Jim?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 07, 2023, 02:32:34 am »

I find it odd that we have Knightwing up to vote here, and you're not doing much to stop it, Toony.  I feel like you kinda have a prerogative to step up and start directing people if you think Knightwing is Town.
Why work much when do work little?

Do you think Knightwing is Town?
Softly, yes. I feel like he is acting on his own. I'm not fully confident yet, but I don't think he's vote worthy.

I'm not surprised Max switched their vote off of them because he probably feels similarly.

I think NQT is a Dopp here, and I think there's some attempts to move that attention on NQT elsewhere.  I have no idea why Tric is trying to go after FoU, but I don't see who could possibly be on FoU's team if he's scum unless there's an active hit job by at least one of his teammates.
And I don't see how Tric could be mafia unless he's with you.

Do Hector and NQT make this exchange if they're partners? Maybe it's a neat coincidence that they took advantage of, but this does look very natural to me.
It's... literally not about the game except the PM part?  So yes?  I don't understand the issue.  That's not exactly game relevant information.  There's nothing inherently incriminating from either party in it that would point to the other as scum for doing that.
I think the important part is that it's completely unnecessary and ties to their real life circumstances. This is my personal opinion, but I feel like players that know they are partners may feel more awkward with each other when communicating in public, this leads me to believe that perfectly natural looking exchanges like this come off as two players who don't have a secret agenda together. That is my interpretation. I sometimes make incorrect assessments of situations like this, but does this seem wrong?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2023, 02:38:42 am »

… y’alright there Jim?
He's just telling us how he feels. I do the same thing a lot (as town).

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 07, 2023, 02:48:05 am »

… y’alright there Jim?

Didn't I just say I'm WEAK

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2023, 02:51:46 am »

Earlier Reads

Town
Tric - protector claim, will protect mafia on N1
Jack - enchantress claim, I think they're being upfront and paranoid like proper Jack
Jim - kook claim, feeling pretty honest
Knightwing - need more, can't have any

Time Will Tell
Hector - I think this post pretty much reveals that Hector is town or a dopp leader
Webadict - playing 4-D chess, probably town?
Max - what's going on here, I think they're probably town right now

The Suspects
Vector - gone with the wind
FoU - Roden called out FoU for being incredibly fake sounding in like Matrix6 or something and he was exactly right so maybe there's merit to Jim's suspicions
NQT - why the attack on Knightwing?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2023, 02:55:23 am »

My pragmatic self wants to continue voting Vector so that we can at least remove a replacement slot for this game. I don't think it's the worst thing ever either since it's possible they're mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2023, 03:09:26 am »

Also I like how Jim PM'd Hector after Hector said he wasn't going to do PMs. And I like Hector coming to the conclusion that Jim feels town because of that. I think that's good.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41