Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59398 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I do not see how the redirect could happen before the randomize unless the randomize operates completely differently than all rationale logic.
Aye, Toony mate, I'm not saying it could happen. But if that had been the priority order, it would have caught KW out in a lie. So it was important to know, savvy?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Who's the Countdown mafia Jack? We kind of lose if we're wrong today.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you say Knightwing I riot.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #1503 on: November 08, 2022, 04:25:07 pm »

Jim
Between TolyK voting for Vector for confusing reasons and notquitethere voting Vector for no given reason despite suspecting EuchreJack, which of them looks worse?
Ahoy! But I wanted that scurvy Vector gone from D2, did I not?

Why do you pick Vector on Day 3 over EuchreJack? On Day 2 it looked like you wanted webadict and then EuchreJack and then maybe Vector after that.

role result analysis

Why is this what you're focusing on?

Is this going to accomplish anything?

If we're dead set on scum!EJ, Nakeen does look like they might be coordinating with them quite heavily. Given their mediocre D1, stuff like this post where they take EJ over Vector looks a little too good to be true. And maybe I'm just wrong about how Jack's been playing, I don't know.

I'm leaning towards countdown!Nakeen.

In the periods where Vector does give a shit about playing they try to lynch Nakeen.

I really don't think it's Nakeen.

Since the game could easily end today I think everyone should full role-claim too.

I think that's a reasonable request.

I am DRAGON DEEZ NUTZ

I can hand out DRAGON NUTZ from my DRAGON NUTS SACK. I can offer DRAGON WALNUTS, DRAGON PECANS, DRAGON ALMONDS, and DRAGON CASHEWS.
-DRAGON ALMONDS - a one shot that disables a random ability on a target
-DRAGON WALNUTS - a self target one shot that protects against one kill the night it's used
-DRAGON CASHEWS - a free self target one shot that removes a disable on an ability or removes a status effect
-DRAGON PECANS - a one shot that when used with another action makes it so the action is unable to be roleblocked or have its target changed
I can use my ACORN BREATH - GOTTEM! which is a one shot kill that roleblocks the target as well.
I have an auto called THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE. If am the only dragon left, when I hand out items from my DRAGON NUT SACK I can take one for myself as well.

N1 I gave ToonyMan DRAGON WALNUTS. I was set On Fire! and Soaked.
N2 I used ACORN BREATH - GOTTEM! on EuchreJack.
N3 I gave TricMagic DRAGON PECANS.
End of D4, juicebox replenished a charge on ACORN BREATH - GOTTEM!
N4 I used ACORN BREATH - GOTTEM! on EuchreJack again.

Honestly, I think Jack is scum acting scummy on purpose to hide the true countdowner
So why did you redirect actions away from him last night?

Why does everyone conspire to prevent me from killing EuchreJack

Does Vector/EJ/KW make sense? Why tf does Knightwing64 redirect people from EuchreJack to ToonyMan if he thinks he's scum and he knows I am going to fucking shoot EuchreJack

Did Knightwing64 even submit his own action?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #1504 on: November 08, 2022, 04:37:36 pm »

In the periods where Vector does give a shit about playing they try to lynch Nakeen.

I can see Vector trying to bus their most powerful scumbuddy in order to be basically town-confirmed. But maybe I'm not getting Nakeen today.

I really don't think it's NQT because my intuition says that the countdown player hasn't been given the ability to slit someone's throat. I can see scum!NQT, but it just seems crazy that Vector would have no kill, but the countdown player would have a kill and a game-ender.

Or maybe it is, I don't know. The fact that there's probably two scum out there and we have to kill a specific one of them is a bit much, really.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Can we vote Jack and say town won if they're mafia?

I really don't think it's NQT because my intuition says that the countdown player hasn't been given the ability to slit someone's throat. I can see scum!NQT, but it just seems crazy that Vector would have no kill, but the countdown player would have a kill and a game-ender.
Uuuuuurgh that reasoning does make some sense.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Does Vector/EJ/KW make sense? Why tf does Knightwing64 redirect people from EuchreJack to ToonyMan if he thinks he's scum and he knows I am going to fucking shoot EuchreJack

Did Knightwing64 even submit his own action?
I don't know

I don't know what Knightwing is thinking. I felt their accusation of me here was sudden, but I could understand the paranoia.

I really don't think Knightwing is mafia. Look, even in that post I linked he has no idea how the Countdown works and thinks he blocked me from using it on Night 3. If Knightwing is acting clueless he's doing an amazing job at it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I can see Vector trying to bus their most powerful scumbuddy in order to be basically town-confirmed. But maybe I'm not getting Nakeen today.
At least your argument for Nakeen makes more sense then your insane number conspiracy in Proc Gen 4.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, if Knightwing is the countdown player, genuinely gg, never mind the setup. Otherwise...

I think not Jim due to play and inspect
I think not NQT due to kill
I think not EJ because the countdown player would take fewer risks, and intentionally drawing the elim as scum is something EJ would do
My gut says not Tric
I suspect not Toony though I'm not sure why... I'm not sure whether or not the 3p result was interfered with. Very hard to read.

I dunno about TolyK
Nakeen pings me hard but people I haven't played with before often do.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it's not Knightwing Jack or Jim, it's Nakeen. NQT reads omega, which is a Third Party Toony? Or is that mixed up again NQT? Only case is Knightwing lying, but fairly sure they are an SK that just hasn't killed yet. Hitting Jim to randomize his kill is what TP Knightwing would do, otherwise the vote today would be between him and Nakeen. (Removing the mafia is a prioity though, so shooting yourself in the foot.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

It suddenly becomes very obvious that TolyK is big, scaley, and scary.

TolyK possesses a Dragon role!
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fullclaim: I had the one-shot that redirects three players onto me.
I had a reusable bus-myself-with-someone-else.
I had an extra vote that I lost if I was set on fire or soaked
I had the Cool Sunglasses item.
I also had a 1-shot auto that disabled any ability that inflicts a status effect on me, which hit Vector.

Note from FoU: the mafia always have a straightforward mafiakill. So there you go.

Probably mostly done for the night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@NJW:
Can you say the name of your role and abilities too? Not that I suspect you, but I think this is important that everyone mentions them too.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Argh, here be me role at last! I've synoymised all the names in case there are role stealers/nullifiers who use that information, but I haven't changed any themes. That buccaneer TolyK hinted at being such a disabler at the start of the game, did he not? I also rewrote the descriptions so I be not quoting that Governor Fallacy.

Role With Excessive Post Restrictions
(Auto) Increasingly Unusual Activity: Avast and alas! I can only use Steal Booty, AI Algorithms and Cat On A Fence if I happens to make a good effort at being the relevant personality the day before. Only get to do the thing if I stick to one personality, mind. Hence the day kill scuttling me piracy from before, savvy?
(2-Shot, Night) Steal Booty [target]: Linked to the ‘Pirate’. I can rob an item.
(2-Shot, Night) AI Algorithms [target]: Linked to ‘Robot’. Learn Alpha, Beta, or Omega classed. Non-lethal Town players and Mafia-Allies be Alpha, Lethal town and Mafia players be Beta, all third parties be Omega.
(Night) Cat On A Fence [target]: Linked to ‘Catgirl’. See who visits target, can't be spotted while at it.
(1-Shot, Day) Most Unusual Post Restriction [target]: Publicly slit their throat with me cutlass, then count down from 20 in non-consecutive posts. If ye reach 0, then the target walks the plank.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

It suddenly becomes very obvious that TolyK is big, scaley, and scary.

TolyK possesses a Dragon role!

DRAGON DEEZ NUTZ
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 113