Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58408 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #300 on: October 15, 2022, 09:42:59 am »

By the way, does anyone happen to have an ability they really really really don't like?
Quick TolK, use Disable!

@TolyK: Since you don't speak Tricanese, you probably didn't realize that Tric was taking you up on your offer. I barely understood it myself, so I don't blame you.

@Tric: Could you confirm that you'd like TolyK to remove your Kill Everything With Fire ability? Then maybe you don't need to vote TolyK?
To note, literally a Pokémon joke. Already put reasons why Roden's unlikely to be mafia. Then Max just votes them. Still looking for TolyK's promised post.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 15, 2022, 09:57:23 am »

Lean Scum:
Nakeen - they may be new, but their main focus doesn't seem to be on the thread... I get "reading something else" vibes - scumchat? FG&RP/RTD people are good at trawling threads. Also, a lot of the reasoning in this post looks not just bad but forced. And it's the only time they really offer opinions on other players - little apparent interest in catching scum.

I'll put out that it was surprising to see Nakeen in this board. My best guess is they were working on the next [url-http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=167669.0]You are a Monster[/url] update, along with RL stuff. Odd tangent, but eh, tired.

I'll probobly come back to this post, but leaning town on you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2022, 10:09:40 am »

Nevermind on that. Was expecting to find a TolyK post, but nope. Not a peep.

Guess it's a wall of info, stream of thought for now. At the moment I'm not a fan of TolyK lurking, conecenred about Toony/Web being so buddy buddy, and suspicions of max but not so much to vote them. Not entirely sure NQT is town.

query: NQT.exe/relations-chart

Juicebox is null/odd, Jack is... Probably Jack, his latest playstyle is very divorced from the old one.(This does include previous games lately.) Nakeen could be scum told to play up the illusion of noob, but more likely confused about who to vote or the various relations currently in play. (See NQT chart, hopefully.) Roden's claim is something I missed till NQT brought it up, and I don't see any reason for mafia to claim SK-miller. It's very out there, ad the chances of Roden being SK drop since he can likely be traced if we have a tracker.

One thing that gives web equity is revealing the status effects, though I'm fairly sure he might have another in reserve. That knowledge can either be used to avoid killing people, or to get rid of someone who we think is mafia during the night. I'm more in favor of the former since that means more time to track mafia, get night reports, and lynch scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 15, 2022, 10:23:32 am »

NJW2000 has the worst takes because he is scum.

I don't think it's TolyK.  I can't back this intuition up on a meta-level, or I'd be defending harder.  I don't know TolyK's play style, and I don't think others do as well.  I think TolyK is getting Tricwagoned.

But, we're running out of time, so let's sonsolidare to 2-4 wagons and at least pick the best ones.  I'll post a vote count shortly.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2022, 10:45:18 am »

In which I become the name. Webadict, you did propose a No Lynch. But from my side I don't see anything from TolyK. Vector's not posted anything either, but at least they've not made the illusion of activity. Literally all they need to get my vote off them is to follow through on their promised reads of people.  And it's been 26 hours. Foucs on mechanics over scumhunting does not a townie make, when you've got 8 posts and only one is of any substance.

TolyK's made six posts, and none of them have a take. They said they'd try to break the game, but they haven't been doing that.

TolyK has been being very, very quiet.
:shrug:
Good point, honestly - I guess I haven't been looking for tells, but rather more for information related to the game setup.

This sounds quite reasonable to me, at least as a whole.

Hmmmm, a player judgment in an opening post.

Good.

By the way, does anyone happen to have an ability they really really really don't like?

Are you offering to remove it if only people would tell you the ability name?
Nope, do not need the ability name. However, the recipient would have to trust me, which they have the liberty not to.

So far, I haven't seen anything pointing to particularly negative abilities (posting restrictions don't count).

The idea is that I can voluntary-swap abilities, in a way, and then later remove the swapped abilities from the game if necessary.
Unfortunately, I can't do something like steal the mafiakill.  :P

P.S. There was nothing I could tell that interacts with ability names, specifically.

Quote from: Webadict
I don't remember if wuba is always this hyper, but - honestly - it's very good at distracting from the other posters.
I wonder what happens if I re-read while ignoring his posts...
On the good side, I feel we have a broader understanding of mechanics.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2022, 10:47:47 am »

I really do not want to have to go into day 2 with someone who's activelurking that hard. They're just going to focus on the mechanics day 2 and completely try and ignore their day 1 play, but at that point it's tainted.

I won't mind lynching scum today, but yours and my ideas of who's scum seem to contradict each other somewhat? Are you leading people somewhere?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 15, 2022, 11:13:45 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> TolyK       --5-- notquitethere*, TricMagic*, Jim Groovester*, NJW2000*, NJW2000*,
Roden          --2-- Maximum Spin*, webadict*,
EuchreJack     --1-- ToonyMan*,
Maximum Spin   --1-- Roden*,
NJW2000        --1-- EuchreJack*,
Jim Groovester --0--
juicebox       --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
NakĂŠen         --0--
notquitethere  --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
TricMagic      --0--
Vector         --0--
webadict       --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --5-- juicebox*, Knightwing64, NakĂŠen, TolyK, Vector,

8 to Hammer. Day ends on October 16, 2022 at 02:00 Central Daylight Time (14 hours and 46 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 15, 2022, 11:15:30 am »

I really do not want to have to go into day 2 with someone who's activelurking that hard. They're just going to focus on the mechanics day 2 and completely try and ignore their day 1 play, but at that point it's tainted.

I won't mind lynching scum today, but yours and my ideas of who's scum seem to contradict each other somewhat? Are you leading people somewhere?
That's some real kettle-on-pot action coming from you, man.

Technically, I am trying to lead people onto Roden or NJW2000, though I haven't really pushed that hard because I'm kinda lazy and busy and because I technically think that TolyK has the potential to activelurk.  I'm not 100% against voting out TolyK, but I do think that TolyK is probably Town.  Is he being anti-Town?  Sure.  No denying that.  But, I don't exactly fault people for that because that doesn't make them scum or else we'd still have to vote out Knightwing64 and Vector here.  It feels like we're domino-laying by doing this.

Am I willing to vote out TolyK?  Sure.  I'm only like 60% sure he's Town.  But, there are people that I am much more sure are scum, and thus I'd rather exhaust those options first.  To me, voting TolyK is the equivalent of No Elim, but without being willing to say that you don't really have any idea who scum is or that you're really just going after low-hanging fruit.  I proposed Vector for the same reason.

TolyK hasn't done anything, but that matches what he was saying in his joining post.

But, I'm willing to make a deal:  I will vote TolyK here over others, but I would like to eliminate--or at least be proven wrong on--one of Roden or NJW2000 Tomorrow if TolyK is Town.  I understand the reason for going after TolyK, but I disagree that it has found scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2022, 11:21:45 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
NakĂŠen         --0--

... God damn it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2022, 11:46:34 am »

I did forget. My gut says probably town, but my brain that you're doing an unusual amount of just summarising the thread, people's metas, past games, etc. Also, I do need to see some explanation for your judgements.

I'm assuming your vote is meant to be a pressure-vote, so I'm not going to ask for an explanation for it. Pressure-votes are generally accompanied by questions, but not doing that isn't out of character for you.
Jim & NJW2000 seem the most suspicious out of those voters, although NQT's computer mig be hacking my system.
Uh huh. Why? You've given a lot of information in the thread, but no analysis. I know you're generally helpful with votecounts and summaries, but you gotta show your reasoning too.

Fair enough.
So upon my review of TolyK, they don't seem to be obvious scum.  They're hardly the most lurky, and they seemed to contribute something.
For example, we know that TolyK can remove negative abilities. In a role madness game, that sounds useful!
But apparently not, since nobody has taken TolyK up on the offer. Nor have folks really inquired much of it. It appears to have more than one use.
Yet they're being voted.
Now, until Web posted the votecount, I wasn't aware of just how little time we had, so that does prove a problem. But has TolyK's behavior fallen so much shorter than literally everyone else that they should get voted for working on Saturday?
So, upon that analysis, the question becomes "who is pushing this wagon?"

Tric sort of started it, jumped off, then jumped on. Tric doesn't seem to be pushing it, and might not even be committed to it.
@Tric: You committed to the TolyK wagon, or are you just committed to ANY wagon? Any other wagons looks like fun?

NQT is mostly justified in their vote. NQT asked TolyK a question that wasn't answered, so Standard Pressure Voting tactics is to continue that vote until the question is answered. In NQT's shoes, I'd be doing the same thing as town.
@NQT: Should TolyK appear, who are you going to vote?

Jim Groovester is suspicious because I just don't buy his logic.
He has a nice list of multiple people he's accusing of "not being active enough", yet TolyK at 4 votes is magically the most egregious.  ::)
@Jim: Anyone else worth your precious time to vote?
And you, NJW2000. You have two votes. With great power comes great responsibility. So I'm not buying your argument of "pressure voting" with 2 votes, when others are pressure voting with one vote. You have the subtlety of a witchfinder. To put it another way: You have two fucking votes. You could be doing a lot more than just sheeping other players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2022, 11:50:23 am »

Web's pretty much right with it being the equivalent of no lynching. I'm not a fan of people who can't even promise anything though. Is this Disable a day ability, or a night ability. What's his game plan beyond mechanically solving things? What's his reads on the other players day 1. Fairly simple, but if they're not even willing to engage, then we aren't going to get anything out of them.

So yeah, this is very much pressure on them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2022, 12:09:13 pm »

Toony: are you genuinely floating me as an elim because you can't read me or Vector because they are yet to post? Why can't you do something better - like a POE at least?
It's already a PoE. I don't really like PoE votes because they have no actual good reason for voting that player. If you look at the end of D1 of Web's Supernatural I voted Tric over Hector or Max because I felt Max was town and had more reasons why I thought Tric was scummy over Hector. That was wrong, but that's how I want to vote people.

I don't have any strong reasons to suspect you, or Roden, or Vector, or TolyK right now. So this means either none of you have shown me a reason I would really want to vote you, or I'm getting played by someone outside this group.

Also @ToonyMan while I'm at it I have an inquiry too, and sorry if I missed something.
Re-reading your posts I don't get why you are thinking TolyK could be scum and it doesn't seem like you gave a reason.
I find TolyK mildly suspicious, however they've announced their lack of being here and I find that honest like Lenglon or Max in Web's Supernatural. This is not a great example because both those players were third-party, however they were not mafia. Then again third-parties in this game seem more likely to be bad for town. I would still prefer voting mafia and not just non-town players.

If I agree with a town!NJW then TolyK may be a decent vote. I would say TolyK has a reasonable chance to be non-town.

Right now I'm probably going to vote NJW (or Vector?) at day end. This feels rude because it's partly not wanting to vote other players and not because I've caught NJW in some scumread which is a discredit to their play. I'm still willing to vote Vector because they have not helped town at all although this will backfire horribly if they're town as they're likely to help significantly in the late game.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 15, 2022, 12:11:20 pm »

Vector's also annouced they haven't had free time though. Voting vector is no worse or better than voting TolyK by that reasoning, except for the fact your own post says it's not fine for one when it's fine for the other for the exact same reasons.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 15, 2022, 12:14:45 pm »

Vector's also annouced they haven't had free time though. Voting vector is no worse or better than voting TolyK by that reasoning, except for the fact your own post says it's not fine for one when it's fine for the other for the exact same reasons.
TolyK has actively shown anti-town behavior and I don't know their meta. Vector has passively shown anti-town behavior which is completely null for their meta. I feel like these are different reasons.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 15, 2022, 12:17:50 pm »

Visiting family right now so the attention I'll be able to devote the game is limited.

How far away is the deadline? It isn't during the middle of the night like some goofball game, right?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 113