Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58335 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2022, 01:47:00 am »

Maximum Spin, maybe explain what makes it funny instead of pretending that you wanted me to change my vote.
I...
it wasn't actually funny, Roden. It's a figure of speech. Like "it's funny how that works".
I know it's not actually funny, I know what a figure of speech is. I'm asking what you meant by that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2022, 01:51:44 am »

I was pointing out that, having just said that you were only voting to go along with a question that had already sat around for long enough to make the vote pointless, and that you weren't actually interested in lynching Tric, you should then change your vote, or else it looks exactly like what webadict suggested: a low-effort way to try to get someone mislynched with plausible deniability. Think of it as me reminding you to change your vote after you'd verbally invalidated it.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2022, 01:53:31 am »

I was pointing out that, having just said that you were only voting to go along with a question that had already sat around for long enough to make the vote pointless, and that you weren't actually interested in lynching Tric, you should then change your vote, or else it looks exactly like what webadict suggested: a low-effort way to try to get someone mislynched with plausible deniability. Think of it as me reminding you to change your vote after you'd verbally invalidated it.
Maybe explain what makes it funny instead of vaguely shading me and doing nothing to try to solve me.
I wasn't "shading" you, I was prompting you to change your vote. Which you just did, so it worked.
Hmm.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2022, 01:57:30 am »

Maybe explain what makes it funny instead of vaguely shading me and doing nothing to try to solve me.
I wasn't "shading" you, I was prompting you to change your vote. Which you just did, so it worked.
Hmm.
... yes, I just said the same thing, twice. With more words the second time. I can probably say it with even more words if you want.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2022, 02:02:23 am »

Max, I'm gonna ask that you stop playing dumb here. You denied shading me then admitted that you were shading me for not changing my vote. And your posts so far today has either just been shade or joke posts with no content.

I'm fine with my vote.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2022, 02:04:27 am »

Max, I'm gonna ask that you stop playing dumb here. You denied shading me then admitted that you were shading me for not changing my vote. And your posts so far today has either just been shade or joke posts with no content.

I'm fine with my vote.
... I don't actually know what you mean by "shading".

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2022, 02:16:51 am »

TolyK's made six posts, and none of them have a take. They said they'd try to break the game, but they haven't been doing that.

TolyK has been being very, very quiet.
:shrug:
Good point, honestly - I guess I haven't been looking for tells, but rather more for information related to the game setup.

This sounds quite reasonable to me, at least as a whole.

Hmmmm, a player judgment in an opening post.

Good.

By the way, does anyone happen to have an ability they really really really don't like?

Are you offering to remove it if only people would tell you the ability name?
Nope, do not need the ability name. However, the recipient would have to trust me, which they have the liberty not to.

So far, I haven't seen anything pointing to particularly negative abilities (posting restrictions don't count).

The idea is that I can voluntary-swap abilities, in a way, and then later remove the swapped abilities from the game if necessary.
Unfortunately, I can't do something like steal the mafiakill.  :P

P.S. There was nothing I could tell that interacts with ability names, specifically.

Quote from: Webadict
I don't remember if wuba is always this hyper, but - honestly - it's very good at distracting from the other posters.
I wonder what happens if I re-read while ignoring his posts...
On the good side, I feel we have a broader understanding of mechanics.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2022, 03:31:16 am »

I'm quite busy, but...

Vote Count
This... is just a lie?

@TolyK: I don't want to put pressure on you to build a solid case immediately, because that's basically a way for scum or bad town to ensure a miselim, but know that I'm serious about trying to kill you if you don't scumhunt or proactively try and break the game.
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 14, 2022, 05:43:32 am »

LEAVING STANDBY MODE

ROBO-NQT-1000 has performed necessary maintenance according to its schedule (BST). Now performing Macro Scan, Bug Reports and Generated Questions.

Code: [Select]
         __
 _(\    |@@|
(__/\__ \--/ __
   \___|----|  |   __
       \ }{ /\ )_ / _\
       /\__/\ \__O (__
      (--/\--)    \__/
      _)(  )(_
     `---''---`
HELLO, WORLD

ACTIVATING MACRO SCAN

EuchreJack: Found. Activity Report: Provides report of past unit tests with this unit.
Jim Groovester: Found. Activity Report: Confusion about Nakéen NPC status eventually cleared up. Provides reads.
juicebox: Found. Activity Report: Pro-active questioning. No issues.
Knightwing64: Found. Activity Report: Claim (Serial Killer Miller). Low effort.
Maximum Spin: Found. Activity Report: Joke. Claims Conversion may be a possibility. Reluctantly explains his thought process and it is more comprehensive than expected.
Nakéen: Found. Activity Report: Answers questions and returns to Lurker Mode. WARNING: Question Missed.
NJW2000:  Found. Activity Report: Counters Webadicts push against this unit's vote on TricMagic. Performs Low Activity Scan.
Roden: Found. Activity Report: Votes Tric and discusses validity of doing so. Later places unexplained vote on ROBO-NQT-1000 before moving it to MaximumSpin
TolyK: Found. Activity Report: speaks almost exclusively about his own role.
ToonyMan: Found. Activity Report: Town Hunting (moderate).
TricMagic: Found.  Activity Report: Provides requested questions per Demand-2. Aggro level: high.
Vector: Found. Currently on standby for maintenance.
webadict: Found. Activity Report: Defends TricMagic (See Bug Report 001). Attacks this unit (see Bug Report 003). Town hunting (mild). Provides reads list.

Macro Scan Analysis
100% of suspects found.
Most suspicious: TolyK. Reason: Lurking. Passivity.
A large part of the activity was spurred successfully by this unit's pressure vote on TricMagic. Unfortunately, some users have misapprehensions about ROBO-NQT-1000 (see bug report). Activity remains in acceptable bounds for most users, but some have been flagged for suspicious activity/inactivity (see questions generated)

BUG REPORTS

001 "Fix your programming, ya bucket of bolts."
Issuer: Webadict.
Report: This unit's vote on Tric is bad because Tric is town, because Tric has claimed a kill power and is often mislynched on D1.
Response: Webadict has misunderstood an early game pressure vote intended to spur proactiveness on Tric's part. This vote was successful in its purpose and has now been deprectated.

002 "I'm loving the robot theme, but will you be able to keep it up after all 14 players are engaged?"
Issuer: Euchrejack
Report: This unit is a robot, which user Euchrejack believes is a 'theme'.
Response: User error. Roboticism is a feature, not a bug.

003 "I also think that NQT is actually probably scum, but that's a hard sell to people."
Issuer: Webadict.
Report: This unit is scumsided. No evidence provided, but likely due to TricMagic vote and/or anti-Robot prejudice.
Response: Webadict should be registered for robot sensitivity training. Webadict's assessment that this was a 'hard sell' was false.

004 "Why are you not running your human interaction protocols? Has the scum team just decided on fake post restrictions?"
Issuer: TricMagic
Report: This unit is a human pretending to be a robot.
Response: TricMagic should be registered for robot sensitivity training. A robot does not choose how it is made.

005 "Why was Tric your first choice to vote for pressure? Why haven't you asked another question to Max...?"
Issuer: Juicebox
Report: Query regarding this unit's vote and question selection procedure.
Response: This unit only has one vote, so a target was selected with weighting towards activity spur and new interaction. This unit has only a set number of questions per session due to limited cycles and there are still other users requiring addressing.

006 "My arbitrary assumptions about him worked last time. Same basic reasoning too."
Issuer: MaximumSpin
Report: ROBO-NQT-1000 is scum-sided because his pressure vote was on a town player and his play is similar to a previous match.
Response: No evidence is provided. User error. WNF.

007 "NQT is being quiet by most people's standards, but honestly this is pretty loud for them."
Issuer: NJW2000
Report: Unit has low activity but within the bounds of expected behaviour.
Response: This unit has higher activity than most of the other users in this match but has a maintenance schedule out of sync with most of the other users in this match.

008 "That type of model has holes where logic and reason cross each other."
Issuer: TricMagic
Report: [redacted anti-Robot slurs]
Response: The OMGUS virus detected on TricMagic's hard-drive.

Generated Questions
Question batch...003.

Nakéen - [MISSED QUESTION] What is your assessment of Roden's claim regarding you being like an Innocent Child?
TolyK - [DEMAND] Provide an assessment of at least three other players.
Maximum Spin - In what way is this unit similar to previous models?
Roden - What was the purpose of your vote momentarily parked upon ROBO-NQT-1000?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 14, 2022, 06:04:48 am »

unvote

@Max I do want to hear a bit more from you. Does anything stand out to you at the moment? Is there anything anyone has said that you want to look into more?

I'm gonna go ahead and tell everyone that I have no night actions, however my actions can still affect the night phase.

Haven’t seen you before, anybody know this guy? I don’t have infooooo

Juicebox cool name tho

Obv town

I've played on this forum on and off.
Can you answer the question I asked you in my first post?

@Roden, Jack, Knightwing, and Nakeen I haven't had the pleasure of playing mafia with any of you. how would each of you describe your playstyles?

Quoted, in case you're lazy like me. Can you also give some thoughts on what's been going on?

Web further explains why Tric is town

Okay, I do like this explanation. I'll townread you for now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 14, 2022, 06:55:45 am »

I'm quite busy, but...

Vote Count
This... is just a lie?
No, just forgot to put TolyK in the bot so the bot assumed you meant Toony.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 14, 2022, 07:07:00 am »

Reading this after NQT's post made me extremely confused.

TolyK - [DEMAND] Provide an assessment of at least three other players.
Noted, will do.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2022, 07:12:56 am »

I'm quite busy, but...

Vote Count
This... is just a lie?

It also put hector in the votecount

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2022, 07:25:44 am »

Yes, I counted to 14 and hit send because I was tired.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2022, 07:41:53 am »

@NJW2000: I am flattered that my presence was so inconspicuous I passed for a non-person. I wouldn't mind if you continued thinking so for the rest of the game
That's Jim Groovester. We're not similar, but he has been unobtrusive this game, so I forgive you.
Ugh my bad. I can't read...
Neither can Jim.

I don't know if Roden is scum here. Would they be so combative and active in the game? Sure it's unusual for Roden this early, but he likes being really quiet and sideline-y as mafia in general from what I've seen.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 113