Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58342 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2022, 11:25:03 am »

Honestly... I don't think it's TolyK, but I'm willing to bandwagon as if it were!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2022, 12:36:39 pm »

Nakéen - [MISSED QUESTION] What is your assessment of Roden's claim regarding you being like an Innocent Child?

At the risk of being confused, can you remind me what is an Innocent Child?

Anyway, Jim, Knightwing, Nakeen, TolyK, and Vector should probably vote.  I don't like people noncommittal.  The only person with what I think is a valid excuse is probably Vector, but I still want them to vote. juicebox should also vote, but they've at least voted once.

Voting is... uh, really not in my interest right now. If I had to vote though, I would default to Vector until he posts something more substantial to pressure manifestation.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2022, 12:50:38 pm »

Just a heads-up that Vector is a they.

Also, is there a reason you don't want to vote?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2022, 01:30:35 pm »

At the risk of being confused, can you remind me what is an Innocent Child?
Confirmed town by official statement. Like this:
The three Figments hold up their single hands and make flagging motions. It appears there was an error in the start. Our bad, they cry!

Jim Groovester, your Class President, is Anti-Webadict.
Well, Anti-Webadict meant "town" in that game. You still see the idea.

notquitethere: I guess everyone is making me explain the obvious this game. You don't really seem to be scumhunting. You seem to be hunting for criticisable behaviour. This, naturally, brings to mind your actions as mafia in webadict's supernatural, where you tried to harp on a trumped-up complaint of me lying. In this game, so far, you have... "shaded" several people for playing in a way that ostensibly doesn't meet your standards, but you have no theory under which this MEANS anything. You're just making lazy criticisms. Couple this with the use of this "high-effort" posting style that makes you seem engaged while actually only adding meaningless filler, and it doesn't look good. This is one of the two ways I know you act as scum. (The other way is "totally under the radar" like in that one where we all wrongly lynched Knightwing, but anyone will do that when such an opportunity arises.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 14, 2022, 02:00:04 pm »

BUG REPORT (cont)
011 "You seem to be hunting for criticisable behaviour. "
Issuer: MaximumSpin
Report: Criticisable behaviour is apparently different from scum behaviour and so this unit is not sufficiently scumhunting.
Response: 1. It is early on Day One of this match, there is very little evidence to process. 2. Scum often disengage, attacking players on engagement issues is pro-game and catches scum. 3. If this was your real reason for voting this unit, you would be voting any of the many other players who have performed 0% hunting.

012 "Couple this with the use of this "high-effort" posting style that makes you seem engaged while actually only adding meaningless filler,"
Issuer: MaximumSpin
Report: This unit's personality module allows the illusion of activity.
Response: I am a robot.

Generated Questions
Question batch...005.

Jim Groovester - Your previous report stated Roden's vote on Tric was bad. Roden's vote has now changed. Which user has the worst vote in the game?
Juicebox - TricMagic thinks Toony's constant fakeclaims are scummy. What is your analysis?
Knightwing64 - Who is the least scummy user currently?
NJW2000 - Toony and Webadict are high volume users. Are there any signs you scan for to ascertain if they are scum?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2022, 02:05:22 pm »

If this was your real reason for voting this unit, you would be voting any of the many other players who have performed 0% hunting.
But what I've described is a known and observed scum behaviour for you. For others, it may not be a strong indicator. I'm trying to find mafia, not just criticisable behaviour.
Anyway, I do have other options, but I'm not ready to pick one just yet. If you asked nicely I would unvote you in preparation, though.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2022, 02:53:19 pm »

Guess I'll unvote Nakeen since they've been posting.

Jack still bothers me for some reason. I want to vote them to see what happens. What are you thinking Jack??
Dude, I gotta work for a living.  You had the same issues with me last time. But hey, I guess your scum hunting, so I'm more annoyed at you than thinking you're scum at this point.

I have a confession to make, I lied about my role last time.

I am actually The Home Alone Movies.

I start the game with four items of various uses.

At night I have an auto action that allows me to plant an item at someone's house (including my own) that do things such as protect them or watch them. The item is used up once it goes off, and I'm notified when this happens. The item doesn't need to go off the same night I use it.

Also once per game I can hide for the night and become immune to all actions.

I also have a two-shot day ability I won't claim.

I think I have to finally come clean after carrying so much guilty baggage.
I'm inclined to believe this claim as it matches your current avatar. You like doing that. As for your actual abilities, that sounds like a Day 2 problem.

We seem to have flipped positions in playing: whereas before you were unable to play much at work, now you can. Whereas before I could play a lot at work, now I can't.

I'm only slightly worried about one vote in a 14 player game.
Alright, back to work for me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2022, 03:05:18 pm »

Okay, I changed my mind, Max AND NQT are Town.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2022, 03:15:00 pm »

who do I vote then

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2022, 03:23:47 pm »

who do I vote then
Jack and the Beanstalk

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2022, 03:30:53 pm »

Cool and collected Jack who is holding their cards to their chest
The work excuse is fine, but I still feel like I saw you post real townie in Web Super compared to here so far. Bleed your heart out Jack, yell to the heavens how you feel!!

Also I've been able to post at work the whole time since coming back, the difference is that I've been at the office more often since last July.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2022, 03:34:47 pm »

QuickScan™ Analysis

The adventure game masterpiece known as Toonstruck, starring Christopher Lloyd, is Toonyman's avatar. Home Alone is not related to Toonstruck. EuchreJack did not know this, which shows deficiency in his programming. Toonyman did not correct him on this matter, which could imply improper scanning capacity, or it could be an implicit ploy to mislead Euchrejack into believing the role claim.

WARNING ROBO-NQT-1000 may enter standby mode for... ~10-20 hours for regularly scheduled maintenance.

Code: [Select]
       __
   _  |==|
  / \ \--/ __
  ) O|----|  |   __
 / / \ }{ /\ )_ / _\
 )/  /\__/\ \__O (__
|/  (--/\--)    \__/
/   _)(  )(_
   `---''---`
Goodnight, world.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2022, 03:50:47 pm »

who do I vote then
I dunno... I'm still okay with you voting notquitethere, but I think he's Town, somewhere deep down in his programming.

If I had to pick, I'd be okay voting out Knightwing, Roden, NJW2000, or maybe even Vector, though I really don't wanna vote out Vector.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2022, 03:57:38 pm »

The adventure game masterpiece known as Toonstruck, starring Christopher Lloyd, is Toonyman's avatar. Home Alone is not related to Toonstruck. EuchreJack did not know this, which shows deficiency in his programming. Toonyman did not correct him on this matter, which could imply improper scanning capacity, or it could be an implicit ploy to mislead Euchrejack into believing the role claim.
You are correct. I didn't think of pointing this out to Jack since I was more focused on understanding them. I'm glad you think Toonstruck is a masterpiece, on the same level as Day of the Tentacle or something.

If I had to pick, I'd be okay voting out Knightwing, Roden, NJW2000, or maybe even Vector, though I really don't wanna vote out Vector.
Meh, I'm not really comfortable with voting Knightwing but I could see the rest if I had to.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2022, 04:24:38 pm »

Cause of being a serial killer miller, or something? If he's mafia, it would be strange to claim it. If he's town, also strange, but probably true maybe?

... Who brought up mention of cults again. Jack apparently. It becomes a question of why that claim. While voting him out reveals his role, the chances of him being mafia are zero. Mafia has no reason to claim an SK-Miller role, they would just use a standard miller claim I feel.

As a question, there is an Sk-Miller, so would there also be an Sk?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 113