Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58290 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2022, 02:11:33 pm »

@Web:
I do think I agree about NQT. This is why I'm giving NQT the wait and see approach. Scum!NQT will crumble by D2.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2022, 02:16:38 pm »

Jim and Nakéen are clearly scum together, which is why Jim is pretending not to know Nakéen exists. Just saying.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2022, 02:22:53 pm »

This is giving me a headache.

Well, for insightful questions from scum-robot-killer. Why are you not running your human interaction protocols? Has the scum team just decided on fake post restrictions?

Also to TolyK being an RVS, it was more a poke, since I don't think disabling abilities is very town-friendly given the number of players in this game. Toly's trying to be 'helpful', but disabling is more of a hinderance to town, and since no one has taken them up on the offer, I'm inclined to agree with that. Not even a role claim, though what's true and false remains to be seen. Least webadict's is likely true.

A third question for free, SRK-NQT. Toony, why are you hanging back and giving piecemeal comments? Not even full posts.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2022, 02:25:28 pm »

@Web:
I do think I agree about NQT. This is why I'm giving NQT the wait and see approach. Scum!NQT will crumble by D2.

Jim and Nakéen are clearly scum together, which is why Jim is pretending not to know Nakéen exists. Just saying.
Grade A detective work, Spin.  Book 'em and cook 'em.

Well, for insightful questions from scum-robot-killer. Why are you not running your human interaction protocols? Has the scum team just decided on fake post restrictions?

Also to TolyK being an RVS, it was more a poke, since I don't think disabling abilities is very town-friendly given the number of players in this game. Toly's trying to be 'helpful', but disabling is more of a hinderance to town, and since no one has taken them up on the offer, I'm inclined to agree with that. Not even a role claim, though what's true and false remains to be seen. Least webadict's is likely true.

A third question for free, SRK-NQT. Toony, why are you hanging back and giving piecemeal comments? Not even full posts.
NQT = right
TolyK = wrong
ToonyMan = wrong again

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2022, 02:26:40 pm »

@Tric:
I'm at work on my phone, but would like to be part of the game.

This a luxury I did not have in the past.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2022, 02:29:59 pm »

NQT = right
TolyK = wrong
ToonyMan = wrong again

No 4mask around. I'm serious about the headache though. What I get for playing Arknights sometimes, horrible bosses with instant kills. Any particular reason for TolyK/ToonyMan being wrong? ... (I'm a bit suspicious of you, honestly. Paranoia. Why so helpful?)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2022, 02:31:40 pm »

I think we can definitively say Jim isn't with Nakeen, as Jim would never embarrass, no, HUMILIATE himself for distancing points.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2022, 02:47:26 pm »

No 4mask around. I'm serious about the headache though. What I get for playing Arknights sometimes, horrible bosses with instant kills. Any particular reason for TolyK/ToonyMan being wrong? ... (I'm a bit suspicious of you, honestly. Paranoia. Why so helpful?)
TolyK doesn't feel right, and you literally always think it's ToonyMan when it's not, so that's how I know it's not ToonyMan.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2022, 03:10:50 pm »

NQT = right
TolyK = wrong
ToonyMan = wrong again

Web's giving me a headache too, but the Toony-Web interactions are similar to the best Toony-Web Town Buddy Detective games that we've had.

I think we can definitively say Jim isn't with Nakeen, as Jim would never embarrass, no, HUMILIATE himself for distancing points.
Jim NEVER intentionally humiliates himself (unless he wants to get out of voting). Unintentionally... it's a common occurrence. It also reminds me of Jim as Town, on both accounts. Scum!Jim is Cool.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2022, 03:14:52 pm »

@Web:
...were you sleeping during our last game? That explains SO much!  ::)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2022, 03:19:10 pm »

@Web:
...were you sleeping during our last game? That explains SO much!  ::)

To recap for everyone else: NQT sorta tripped a couple of alarms, but was mostly caught in a Block all game by one, then two players. The only reason that the rest of us seriously suspected NQT, or even the ones keeping NQT locked down suspect that NQT was actual scum, is because of NQT's dive to save his scumbuddy. If not for that, we might still be hunting for NQT...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2022, 03:27:44 pm »

Okay, we get it, Euchre, you're Town.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2022, 03:40:16 pm »

Okay so Web is currently mechanically clearing Tric, with some corroboration from NJW, they both also think that Tric is playing toward their town meta. (Is toward the right word to use?, idk)

And Web is currently defending Tric from NQT, bc they believe Tric is town due to the mechanical and meta evidence.

I must admit that the case for Tric being town is pretty compelling, can't say that I entirely believe it though. I could also believe that scum!NQT would go for an easy D1 lynch like Tric tends to be. So I'll look into this from both sides.

@Tric Can you please answer the question from my first post?

@Web I still think that you're protesting a bit too much for one pressure vote, which could just be intended to get more activity out of Tric. Why not wait for Tric's response, to see if NQT is going to keep after them?

@NQT Why was Tric your first choice to vote for pressure? Why haven't you asked another question to Max, even though you said that they were also being passive and just commenting on what's going on?

I disagree, I think the disable is similar to a roleblock, except it just blocks a specific action instead of blocking any action the target performs, which seems to me like more of a neutral ability, instead of just a scum-sided one. It could be used to get rid of a negative ability from a town member or block scum from using one of their abilities just as much as it can be used to hinder town.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2022, 03:47:15 pm »

@Max I do want to hear a bit more from you. Does anything stand out to you at the moment? Is there anything anyone has said that you want to look into more?

I'm gonna go ahead and tell everyone that I have no night actions, however my actions can still affect the night phase.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2022, 04:05:15 pm »

Readslist:
ToonyMan - 100% Town:  We all know he's good, right?  Like, it's obvious to everyone, right?  Am I confused here?  No, it's the kids who are wrong.
TricMagic - 99.8% Town:  TricMagic tried to sell me drugs but it turned out to be Wonka Nerds.  Then he claimed to be a crazed murderpath.
EuchreJack - 97% Town:  EuchreJack more like...  He's Town, stfu, just look at his posts.
Nakeen - 95% Town:  Easy read.  Pocket the noob and get outta here.
Vector - 80% Town:  If you don't think they're Town, you're scum looking for an easy vote, lmao.  But, if you start the vote, I'll bandwagon them sooooo hard, legit, try me.
NJW200 - 75% Town:  Only because Toony said so.  Bad takes are a sign of being Town.
TolyK - 32.33% (repeating of course):  Keeps pulling those FUCKING WHELPS! 50DKP MINUS!  Also, prooooobably not scum, but I'm putting them here because it's funny.  I could've also done 69%.
Knightwing64 - 100% Pure Love:  You'll never have to run away.  Also, they claimed Miller, which fits within my role, but also is Town to do.
Jim Groovester - 20% Scum:  More like Gym Groovester, amirite, also he hasn't posted meta-analysis and it's 14 hours in wtfffffffffffff
Maximum Spin - 30% Scum:  He's trying to spin doctor this shit, it's in his name, also he could be a little more helpful, I know what his game is.  That, and he didn't claim Miller, which he'd absolutely do as Town.
notquitethere - 40% Scum:  I stopped running out of care around this point, sorta feels like he's talking but he's not saying anything, also robots don't feel anything, so he won't be sad if he gets elimmed.
Roden - 50% Scum:  I'm really only here because he's easy to sit on as a miselim, but no one really went for it so it made me think he might actually be scum, but maybe I'm leveling myself.

juicebox - 999% Don't really know:  One punch and he'll reset.

I'd be okay voting out Max, nqt, and Roden right now.  Or juicebox, but that's a coward vote.

PPE:
@Web I still think that you're protesting a bit too much for one pressure vote, which could just be intended to get more activity out of Tric. Why not wait for Tric's response, to see if NQT is going to keep after them?
Because TricMagic is Town.

This isn't rocket surgery.  Anyone voting TricMagic is wrong.  End o' discussion.  If you think TricMagic is scum, you're wrong, and you have to go through me first.  Same with ToonyMan, EuchreJack, and Nakeen.  That's all there is to it.

But, let's spin this around on you:  How am I protesting too much?  You can use examples, if you'd like, or I can pretend like you have evidence if it'd make you feel better.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 113