Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47263 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #435 on: September 23, 2022, 01:19:24 pm »

I'm busy at work still but I should be home before deadline.

I don't get Max's roleclaim. If it's true Max literally claimed the most damning part of their role rather than the parts of their role that might exonerate them in our eyes. "Ayy lmao I can get converted by the wolves/third party" isn't a ringing endorsement of leaving you alive.
So what's that make Max?

Hint: Not wolves/third party

Also critical in my judgement is that Max, like me, has claimed monster abilities and so, like me, I would expect Max to be non-Good. Toss in the blatent votes to protect himself instead of find evil, and non-Good Max is pretty much a given IMO.
Wrong. Max is being himself.

@Hector:
Persus says right after he misplaced my part earlier.

@Jack:
Tric claimed Warden on his own there. I was questioning why he did such a thing. He has not acknowledged this yet.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 23, 2022, 01:22:25 pm »

@Jack:
Tric claimed Warden on his own there. I was questioning why he did such a thing. He has not acknowledged this yet.
This statement bothers me, because it doesn't seem to match with what you said to Tric.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 23, 2022, 01:23:46 pm »

@Jack:

But you and I both know Tric lacks the discretion to ignore your inquiry, or answer it without giving more info.
Your question is most likely to result in Tric fullclaiming something he should NOT.
You should know better, ToonyMan

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 23, 2022, 01:27:24 pm »

What is saying you're a Warden mean? Do you plan on saying more or are you just saying that to sound authorative?

This was BAD Toony. Very Bad.

@Tric: My apologies, you in fact responded quite well to Toonyman.  Good job!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 23, 2022, 01:28:17 pm »

I also find it suspicious that I'm like 88% sure that Tric is Town, yet Toonyman is relentlessly scumreading Tric.
I was willing to forgive it as a Famous town!Toony gambit, until this latest investigation by Toonyman.
I'm 88% sure Max is town.

@Jack:
This statement bothers me, because it doesn't seem to match with what you said to Tric.
Oh? I wanted to know Tric's intentions for firing their role name at that point.

Literally nobody questioned me when I said I was going to investigate 4mask or NQT early on in the day. Is this because players are terrified of being called ro-ro-role fishers? Grow up.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 23, 2022, 01:34:50 pm »

I also find it suspicious that I'm like 88% sure that Tric is Town, yet Toonyman is relentlessly scumreading Tric.
I was willing to forgive it as a Famous town!Toony gambit, until this latest investigation by Toonyman.

@Jack:
Oh? I wanted to know Tric's intentions for firing their role name at that point.

Literally nobody questioned me when I said I was going to investigate 4mask or NQT early on in the day. Is this because players are terrified of being called ro-ro-role fishers? Grow up.
In my case, I sorta forgot that claim.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 23, 2022, 01:35:13 pm »

What is saying you're a Warden mean? Do you plan on saying more or are you just saying that to sound authorative?

Screw you. My opinion on your reads is that they range from surprisingly accurate to complete ass, but you move around so much that your good reads only last for 5 seconds. And then after the game is over everyone is like "wow Jack you called the whole scum team" but town still lost and you only had that moment of clarity for a heart beat.

Let's think for a moment.

I don't like Tric but it's true I'm not 100% sure.

You don't like Max but you are also not 100% sure.

How can we best come out on top of this situation?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 23, 2022, 01:36:52 pm »

Toony:
What I'm saying is that this:
and this:
@Jack:
Do not seem to match.

Your response:
@Jack:

does not appear to address this, and instead seems to be attempting to direct attention elsewhere, to an argument that I did not make.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 23, 2022, 01:41:33 pm »

Screw you. My opinion on your reads is that they range from surprisingly accurate to complete ass, but you move around so much that your good reads only last for 5 seconds. And then after the game is over everyone is like "wow Jack you called the whole scum team" but town still lost and you only had that moment of clarity for a heart beat.

Ceasefire.

I'll agree not to vote Max if you agree not to vote Tric.

Since we are not voting Max or Tric, we'll both have to look at other targets.
I'll even stop voting you, if necessary.
Deal?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 23, 2022, 01:42:34 pm »

@Jack:

In my case, I sorta forgot that claim.
I'm positive scum took note of it, but said nothing. I'm obviously not going to clarify what I'm doing, but I had a very clear intention by saying what I did. This is what I want to know from Tric.

Toony:
What I'm saying is that this:
and this:
@Jack:
Do not seem to match.
They do match? I'm asking why they claimed Warden.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 23, 2022, 01:47:16 pm »

Ceasefire.

I'll agree not to vote Max if you agree not to vote Tric.

Since we are not voting Max or Tric, we'll both have to look at other targets.
I'll even stop voting you, if necessary.
Deal?
Neither of us is voting Max or Tric and I don't care if you vote me. You piss me off like this most games as town so I'm not surprised and will get over it.

How about instead of deal, we put our heads together and find mafia.

I want to make an updated D1 reads list which I will also do when I get home.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 23, 2022, 01:48:27 pm »

Toony: The problem is you didn't ask "Why", you asked "What". "What does saying you're a Warden mean?" is not "Why did you say you're a Warden?"

Why is often used to ask for reasons.
What is often used to ask for implications.

Lets say that A -> B -> C

If you ask "Why B?" the answer is likely A.
If you ask "What B?" the answer is likely C.

You asked What. What is not Why. That is why your statement bothers me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 23, 2022, 01:56:42 pm »

I'm busy at work still but I should be home before deadline.

I don't get Max's roleclaim. If it's true Max literally claimed the most damning part of their role rather than the parts of their role that might exonerate them in our eyes. "Ayy lmao I can get converted by the wolves/third party" isn't a ringing endorsement of leaving you alive.
So what's that make Max?

Hint: Not wolves/third party

Inclined to agree with this. I don't think Max is pulling this out of his ass, and if he is, great work to him.

If he's convertible then he's very likely not scum.

Even though I have very large reservations about how he's playing.

ToonyMan is rolefishing

Get out of here, literally not worth caring about even if it's true.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 23, 2022, 01:58:04 pm »

ToonyMan is rolefishing

Get out of here, literally not worth caring about even if it's true.
That seems reasonable to me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 23, 2022, 02:01:13 pm »

@Lenglon:
Fair enough, you are correct. I should have said why.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 102