Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47303 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #405 on: September 23, 2022, 05:18:49 am »

EJ
Maybe you'd better share it now.
After my read through maybe.

You have a bad habit of reusing outdated material.
At least so far, you've relitigated the Lenglon issue after it was already resolved, and reused a reads list that was old.
I explicitly said I didn't want to relitigate it with Lenglon in the next post. I had a big reads list that I made one day, then updated it for the next day and some old sentences were accidentally left in because my reading comprehension is completely shot with a cold (as I've said elsewhere). Expect a few dumb mistakes. Would you have preferred I didn't post my thoughts?

And you've developed the habit of trying to pull the strings.
??? Unpack this thought. I don't get what your argument is meant to be here.

Lenglon
NQT: the argument that sold me on voting you is one of fake activity. I admit to just being a follower on it, but I figured I should also say what part of the argument was convincing to me.
How am I faking activity? Explain yourself.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 23, 2022, 05:21:28 am »

Max
What, now you're all moving on NQT when nobody would vote for him when I did before.

NQT has been one of the players I trust least so far this game, and the one whose flip I most want to see. I think he could absolutely be scum, and, if I'm wrong, I think it would be informative to find out. I didn't want to move my vote off him before, but nobody was going for it then. :(
Your first vote on me made absolutely no sense, like you literally voted my for arguing town should lie sometimes (a correct opionion) and this vote now is just a bandwagon.

No way this is a town Max.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 23, 2022, 05:56:17 am »

Vote Shifts
Maybe you'd better share it now.

So here's how things stood:
Spoiler: Tric Wagon (click to show/hide)
Then it gets interesting... what does Max do? He jumps on the 4mask wagon:

Lol, I was just about to post that I support a 4maskwolf lynch too.

And then as soon as something else becomes viable:

Let's go with EuchreJack. I'm not convinced he didn't just entirely make up his gelling read on Maximum Spin so that he could town read him.

Then he goes to the EJ wagon:

Sure, whatever. EuchreJack.

Before swiftly unvoting:

Unvote, by the way.

Spoiler: 4mask/EJ tie (click to show/hide)
Things shift quickly against Max:
Spoiler: Max Wagon (click to show/hide)
And so Max does a completely bald-faced lie of a reason to get on the wagon that will save him:

Spoiler: Max/NQT tie (click to show/hide)

So what have we seen? Max behaves entirely opportunistically, jumping on whatever wagon looks popular, and jumps off when he's concerned what it looks like.

I feel like voting again will probably backfire again somehow,

Jim is spot on here. Max is disingenuous. Absolutely happy to launch Max today:
Are you talking about your case here:
That wasn't a "case", that was a "vote", with "some words attached". I wanted to see if notquitethere was pinging anyone else the way he was me, and it seemed like he wasn't, so I didn't push it at the time since I had other people to worry about too.
Making an exploratory d1 vote without explaining it is what I almost always do. It's probably NAI rather than townie because I think I've done it as scum, but it shouldn't strike you as surprising at all.

You asshole, I ask you about shit and apparently you lie about it.

'oh i was just messing with notquitethere'
'oh well actually i was testing the waters to see how other people feel about notquitethere'

I should vote you and throw Lynch All Liars in your face.

All to say... if Max is scum, then 4mask is probably not a scum partner. So I should be voting Maximum Spin (but I still want to hear some answers from 4mask).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 23, 2022, 08:05:50 am »

I need to go to bed so I can't address everything right now. I'm posting from phone so it's hard for me to quote.

1. I made an inconsistent statement about 4mask earlier where I said I didn't like them using other people's views as their own to vote Tric. That isn't true I must have misremembered then. Reply #275.
2. I've been flipflopping on Tric because I couldn't see him as being mafia with anyone, which I want to attribute to 4mask's play.
3. Tric has called me Evil every time I get aggressive with 4mask and accuse 4mask. It's happened twice now. Reply #330 #379. Even 4mask has mentioned it.
4. Here is my favourite part. I was confused why Tric was still going after Jack and not trying to save himself more by making up a reason to vote 4mask back when Tric and 4mask were leading wagons, this could very well be because Tric does not want to vote 4mask. Reply #274.
Just outright ignore the elephant I revealed why don't you? Why are you backing off so easily, is it cause you no longer have a need to pressure me?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 23, 2022, 08:08:29 am »

I'm all for Max too, I don't see the Jack/Max/Toony team being wrong right now.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 23, 2022, 08:31:11 am »

Then you're going to feel really really dumb, real soon.

I really just wanted to help town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 23, 2022, 08:34:24 am »

Then you're going to feel really really dumb, real soon.

I really just wanted to help town.
By killing the insane cult leader?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 23, 2022, 09:01:18 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Maximum Spin - 5 - notquitethere*, TricMagic*, Knightwing64*, hector13*, Egan_BW*,
4maskwolf - 3 - Jim Groovester*, ToonyMan*, Vector*,
notquitethere - 3 - EuchreJack*, Lenglon*, Maximum Spin*,
Knightwing64 - 1 - Persus13*,
TricMagic - 1 - 4maskwolf*,
Egan_BW - 0 -
EuchreJack - 0 -
hector13 - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Persus13 - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -

7 to Hammer. Day ends on September 23, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (10 hours and 58 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 23, 2022, 09:23:23 am »

All right, I'm not planning to hang around the rest of the day, so I guess I might as well spill what I know. It's not much, but it might be helpful still.

There's a devil-summoning witch, the "Summoner", who has an ability called Devil Deal that I imagine is somehow related to the devil role someone mentioned a long time ago. There also seems to be a team of "Monsters".

The "Monsters" are only suggested in flavortext, but the witch is just about definite, because my role specifically reacts (badly) to the use of that ability, which would have effectively recruited me if it had hit. It's hard to imagine something that specific would be meant as a red herring.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 23, 2022, 09:23:49 am »

PFP

I need to go to bed so I can't address everything right now. I'm posting from phone so it's hard for me to quote.

1. I made an inconsistent statement about 4mask earlier where I said I didn't like them using other people's views as their own to vote Tric. That isn't true I must have misremembered then. Reply #275.
2. I've been flipflopping on Tric because I couldn't see him as being mafia with anyone, which I want to attribute to 4mask's play.
3. Tric has called me Evil every time I get aggressive with 4mask and accuse 4mask. It's happened twice now. Reply #330 #379. Even 4mask has mentioned it.
4. Here is my favourite part. I was confused why Tric was still going after Jack and not trying to save himself more by making up a reason to vote 4mask back when Tric and 4mask were leading wagons, this could very well be because Tric does not want to vote 4mask. Reply #274.
Just outright ignore the elephant I revealed why don't you? Why are you backing off so easily, is it cause you no longer have a need to pressure me?
I was falling asleep in bed. I want to respond to 4mask as well when I can.

What is saying you're a Warden mean? Do you plan on saying more or are you just saying that to sound authorative? Why are you defending 4mask so hard, but didn't have them on your townread list?

You are at least 80% wrong since I'm town. Jack is town. And Max is probably town.

Isn't it funny how your "Boom these are my 3 scumreads" at the start of game hasn't evolved at all? It's like you have a set plan you're following for the day.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 23, 2022, 09:37:55 am »

Hmm. A Demon Summoner? Sounds cool

Also, if any of you have a bodyguard role, I would like it to be used on me due to my crippling fear of death

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 23, 2022, 09:47:46 am »

@Max:
Why are you claiming? You should have at least not mentioned the being recruited part. You also phrased it like you expect to die today.

@Knightwing:
Haha, funny joke.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 23, 2022, 09:48:54 am »

ty

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 23, 2022, 10:30:53 am »

NQT:at the time I meant that you were mostly speculating on the setup or rehashing topics that had been already investigated by others instead of providing new material for the town to look at. Even your vote on Max was a rehash of my complaints about Max's behavior, though you did come to a different conclusion than me at the end of it.

Regarding Max: I refuse to vote Max the Survivor right now. I do not think Max is town, as I have said repeatedly, but I also am willing to believe Max's claims about the scumteam, and I want to vote out Evil, not Neutral.

Regarding 4mask: I feel like any and all feedback on attempting to townread 4mask could be summarized as: "yeah, but 4mask is 5head, so that's null". And yet instead of keeping 4mask as null, these same people are attempting to scumread 4mask with normal scumtells. I don't understand this, and it leaves me dissatisfied with them. I would call this Executioner behaviour, but it's multiple vets doing this, so it's more likely their real opinion, and that I'm missing something. I don't see many good ways to investigate this, as I normally would check it by voting 4mask for a reason I don't believe in myself, and watching for vote shifts, but that would involve lying.

NQT: if I am choosing between voting you and 4mask, I am voting you, because you voted Max, and 4mask has not voted. I am not completely settled on this, but it's what I'm most comfortable with for the moment.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 23, 2022, 10:40:23 am »

@Max:
Why are you claiming? You should have at least not mentioned the being recruited part. You also phrased it like you expect to die today.
All right, I'm not planning to hang around the rest of the day, so I guess I might as well spill what I know. It's not much, but it might be helpful still.
Vote Count
------------------------
Maximum Spin - 5 - notquitethere*, TricMagic*, Knightwing64*, hector13*, Egan_BW*,
If I logged off for the day with 5 votes on me I'd sure feel I was going to die and start spilling the beans.

Stream of consciousness post incoming.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 102