Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread  (Read 12047 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2022, 04:07:34 pm »

Haven't really been in much this weekend, sorry about that.
Going to go for 4× each of: Cancer, Solo, Firebase, BFG, Witch, Woolly, Beetle, Meteor, Naglfar, Gateless. Equal numbers are low-effort.

I guess I'll pick the volcano.
No mystery ghosts? Witch isn't always the most useful card, particularly with their organ harvesting.

In other news, going second means I start with a star. Which will be very silly. Still would like an answer to the whole storm cell terrain bit.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 04:11:10 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2022, 04:13:29 pm »

I totally missed that question.

Here is a list of three cards that are NOT Terrain:
- Meteor Shower
- Storm Cell
- Opening the Gateless Gate
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2022, 04:23:21 pm »

Interaction question. Will Olden Plains Windmill's self-destruct occur if it's facedown at the time the cost comes due?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2022, 05:22:18 pm »

I'm going to say yes, as the self destruct timer happened while it was face up. (Hopefully this doesn't set the precedent for something horrible)
But if you play it face down to begin with somehow, then it wouldn't start until it is initially face up.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2022, 12:13:33 am »

If you play Opening the Gateless Gate on the Olden Plains Windmill, that negates its self destruct, right?

Also, as per last time, posting my deck order for ease not forgetting it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For purposes of easy keeping track (and not trusting my own memory) that leaves me with a hand of 1 Solo Star Power, 3 Storm Cell, 1 Wooly, 1 BFG, and 1 Mystery Ghost at the end of turn 1. I'll return one Storm Cell into my deck due to the arena effect being triggered from drawing two cards.

After reshuffling, my new deck order is as such.

Third reshuffle.

Fourth shuffle.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 05:04:49 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2022, 12:37:35 am »

No mystery ghosts?
Ah, crap, I meant to replace BFG since they're useless unless flipped.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2022, 01:15:28 pm »

Here's my now shuffled deck. I numbered the individual copies of a card because it makes it easier for me to tell if I have too many or few of a given card, AKA, if I fucked up making the randomizer setup.
Spoiler: deck (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2022, 01:47:48 pm »

Lot of Star Power there dgr. On the bright side, you can play spells for free one time each turn.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2022, 01:49:50 pm »

Lot of Star Power there dgr. On the bright side, you can play spells for free one time each turn.
Yeah. Which is part of my plan. Once I can get enough stuff down to start doing it I can start making loads of stars with Solo Star Power, which also flips stuff letting me activate/abuse BFGs effect to keep the board clear. From there it's just a matter of getting a Firebase out on a clear field for long enough for it to deal it's damage to Shadowclaw.
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2022, 01:52:42 pm »

Storm Cell can at least manage that. And if you have the extra star, the region will mean you can just run a 1 turn knockout. That card is silly as written. As I'm hopefully about to prove.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2022, 01:54:18 pm »

Storm Cell can at least manage that. And if you have the extra star, the region will mean you can just run a 1 turn knockout. That card is silly as written. As I'm hopefully about to prove.
The thing is, Firebase needs to survive the enemy's turn. Since its effects are triggered by the start of your turn. So it's more of a 2 turn Knockout.
Edit: That problem is why I gave it defense against being returned to hand. Because with 4 hearts it's hardy enough to be able to survive some direct damage from zero and 1 cost cards, which made banishing it or returning it to hand directly somehow the more important issue to address, thus I gave it protection from a return to hand effect. Which is also a bit of a weakness because it means we can't use cards to pull it back into our hand if something happens.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 02:02:12 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2022, 02:25:39 pm »

Um, it says the start of each turn? Supernerd?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2022, 03:12:38 pm »

Hmm. So far the only new enemy cards we've seen have been Backfire and Fog of war. Backfire is a decent card draw source, I suspect its their solution to their critical weakness last round in that department with their strategy for putting lots of stuff out really fast. Besides that Fog of War has a lot of possible effects, it's a very versatile card that seems aimed at board control, but it's also expensive star wise to use at higher levels.

I suspect they've probably also made a board wipe or some other form of removal to supplement organ harvest.

Edit: Posted this just before they played unintentional bombardment, called it! Also Unintentional bombardment seems really strong.
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2022, 03:30:57 pm »

It is. Storm Cell does something weaker and has a delay. That card is just plain denial of the facts and will kill anything with a star cost of 0 Bar 0/5 effectless walls..

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2022, 03:32:24 pm »

It is. Storm Cell does something weaker and has a delay. That card is just plain denial of the facts and will kill anything with a star cost of 0 Bar 0/5 effectless walls..
Yeah, storm cell, as written, if it doesn't kill you it'll probably do nothing to you. Unintentional Bombardment is just a busted better version of storm cell and I'm honestly tempted to complain a bit about it.
My Power armor arms race
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23