Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19265 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 7, Turn A6
« Reply #300 on: October 18, 2022, 10:21:13 am »

I say we go get the golem, then spend the rest in class work.

I agree with this, but I think we should prioritize using Jameson's memories first for crafting, if possible, since we can use "remains" raw materials to level up his class in place of memories.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 18, 2022, 11:42:49 am »

I say we go get the golem, then spend the rest in class work.
+1 to this and ZBridges's suggestion of prioritizing Jameson's memories, if the goblin will let us.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 18, 2022, 02:28:02 pm »

More the merrier!

Sure. Why not? The more the merrier I say.

"Nice. I'm Gray. Warlock of Korgulgith and runner for the Rasputin Society. I owe ya for getting me out of there, and any friend of Crow's is a friend of mine, so I got your back okay?"

Alright, but I'm actually heading back to the dungeon entrance to do some shopping. So you don't have to stick with me for long if you don't want to.

"Like I said, I owe you, and besides I'm pretty much exempt from all the rules the Heartkeepers and Mr. Levy make if I'm traveling with a human, so I think I might stick around for a bit if you'll have me."

Works for me.

You lead your now somewhat larger party through the teal warp distortion, across the scholarship station room, and through the orange portal to the entrance where Ishtar is waiting.

"Back again, human? How can I help you."

I was wondering if I could use my Zombie's memories in crafting...

"Probably not. Mindless creatures don't make the best crafters. I hear some skilled artificers have figured out abilities to leech memories off of others and use them for their own projects though..."

Drat... I don't have any abilities like that yet.

Spoiler: Shop (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crafting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Divination (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quest (click to show/hide)

How do you Proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, Playground AI, or found under a creative commons license. Character Sheet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 18, 2022, 02:35:45 pm »

Golem Materials:

Any Three Memories
(C)reative
(T)riumphant
(T)riumphant (in ring)
Co(L)laborative

2 Sources of Any Metal
5 Spools of Coper Wire - Source of Smithing Metal and Conductive Metal

2 Sources of Decrotive Minerals
1 Small Golden Box - Source of Decorative Minerals
2 Units of Turquoise Shard - Source of Decorative Minerals and Abjuration Magic
2 Units of Purple Shard - Source of Decorative Minerals and Abjuration Magic

1 Source of Any Magic
5 Units of Gauntlet Goo - Source of Chemical Regents and Temporal Magic
3 Units of Dust of Eternity - Source of Sentient Remains and Temporal Magic
2 Units of Hecksulphur - Source of Chemical Regents and Unholy Magic
2 Pieces of Cursed Ivory - Source of Bone and Enchantment Magic

We could also dump memories we're not sure about into classwork and keep exploring hoping for better ones.

Creative/Collaborative/Triumphant sounds like an okay combo, might give kind of a support class?
Stuck using copper for metal, but smithing/conductive sounds good for supportiness
I say Small Golden Box + Purple Shard, because purple and gold are good colors
Cursed ivory for enchantment magic, hoping that helps with the support theme and doesn't curse our golem

I'll dub this Plan Support Golem
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 08:29:22 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 0, Turn 4
« Reply #304 on: October 18, 2022, 02:41:53 pm »

You beat me to it, nice.

However, if I look at materials I see this:
This leads me to think of a slightly modified support-golem plan. Feedback and thoughts appreciated.
Quote from: Modified Support Golem
Memories: Creative, Collaborative, Triumphant
Metal: Copper Wire
Decorative Minerals: Golden Box + Purple Shard
Magic Source: Purple or Turquoise Shard for Abjuration
Changes bolded. I feel like abjuration may suit us better support-wise (don't particularly care which shard we use) because abjuration typically refers to protective magic, and isn't that what a support class unit does? (admittedly, there are things like healing whose exact classification can vary wildly)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 18, 2022, 02:55:02 pm »

Abjuration is absolutely supporty, I'm just hoping enchantment covers buffs in general and is thus supporty as well.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 18, 2022, 02:57:45 pm »

In general enchantment seems to be one of those wildcard schools - you throw stuff in there that probably affects things in a certain way but could easily go from mildly annoying to majorly debilitating, often but not always with a focus on status effects. 'least, that's what I've seen in other games.
Of course, we have no clue if that applies to this game or not. Part of the !!FUN!! (literally, since we have a flame-powered minotaur)

While our own spell schools are not listed, I wouldn't be surprised if our bard spells fall into enchantment, for instance.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 18, 2022, 08:30:52 pm »

You know I think you're right. I'll switch to Abjuration Golem for a more guaranteed support style, as opposed to the might-turn-people-into-pigs gamble of Enchantment.

+1

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 18, 2022, 08:31:46 pm »

Either plan seems good to me, but if I have to pick one I will choose using the source of abjuration magic, as I worry that using a cursed item may have negative effects.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 19, 2022, 01:33:35 am »

You know I think you're right. I'll switch to Abjuration Golem for a more guaranteed support style, as opposed to the might-turn-people-into-pigs gamble of Enchantment.

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 19, 2022, 01:48:55 am »

You beat me to it, nice.

However, if I look at materials I see this:
This leads me to think of a slightly modified support-golem plan. Feedback and thoughts appreciated.
Changes bolded. I feel like abjuration may suit us better support-wise (don't particularly care which shard we use) because abjuration typically refers to protective magic, and isn't that what a support class unit does? (admittedly, there are things like healing whose exact classification can vary wildly)

You pass a Dubloon to Ishtar, and begin to dig through your backpack for materials.

I think I'm going to build myself a golem.

"Heh, a wise choice. Never trust anyone you didn't build yourself, I always say."

The Goblin produces and shows you how to work her fancy smelting machine, which liquifies your copper wire, and then helps you select the shape of your new pet's limbs, head, and torso from her collection of molds. All the options look a bid dorky, but you do your best to make your new friend look kind of cool.

Next she sets her machine to a 'combine' setting, and has you add both the gold box and a turquoise shard. After a few minutes, the machine produces a sap-like brownish substance that you use to shape the golem's eyes.

The golem is then allowed to cool for a few minutes, before Ishtar carves and opens up a panel on its back. The Goblin then shows you how to place in a purple shard as a power source and 'wire' it in using local sub-waylines. You are then led through the final step in the process, a series of ritual chants and prayers to funnel your memories into the creation, granting it the spark of life.

As you speak the final words, the creature begins to stir. It rises to its feet, and holds its hand aloft, conjuring a shield that appears to be made primarily from electricity! A crack appears across its otherwise mostly featureless head, forming a rather goofy smile.

-1 Dubloon
-2 Spools of Copper
-Gold Box
-Turquoise Shard
-Purple Shard
-Creative Memory
-Collaborative Memory
-Triumphant Memory

"Well, it isn't going to win any awards for looks, but it does seem that you have crafted quite the sturdy ally."

"Does the big copper dork have a name, Randy?"

What do you name the Golem, and how do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, Playground AI, or found under a creative commons license. Character Sheet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 0, Turn 5
« Reply #311 on: October 19, 2022, 02:28:10 am »

Continuing the pattern this would be Jamedaughter, but we're probably gonna end up with a pretty big family so that's likely not sustainable anyway. Besides, looks like more of a derpy uncle.

Tempted to name him Bubbles for some reason. I guess he generates a bubble of protection, sort of? Happy or Bumbles could work as well.

There's lots of electricity related terminology to draw inspiration from (Amp, Volt, Static), but none that I can think of appeals to me. Protective/shielding names (Shield, Shell, Brace) could work as well, but similar problem.

Naming aside, we should head back to the terminal, stick our ring's (T)riumphant memory into classwork, and have Jameson dump his two memories into his class so he doesn't lose any to overflow.

We can do Shop (Artificer), Communications (Bard), and Physical Education (max HP) with a (T)riumphant memory. I guess my vote is for Shop?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 19, 2022, 02:47:26 am »

I would be fine with using Bubbles for a name, and I have no objections to returning to the scholarship terminal to invest in shop class. 

However, I think we should let Jameson invest 3 times in his class by using his 2 memories and 1 source of remains.  I'd also like to check what our new golem needs to improve its class.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 05:57:06 pm by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 19, 2022, 03:04:54 am »

Naming aside, we should head back to the terminal, stick our ring's (T)riumphant memory into classwork, and have Jameson dump his two memories into his class so he doesn't lose any to overflow.

We can do Shop (Artificer), Communications (Bard), and Physical Education (max HP) with a (T)riumphant memory. I guess my vote is for Shop?
+1

What about naming him after an electric component like a compositor, diode, transistor, rectifier, or something like that?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2022, 03:37:29 am »

What about naming him after an electric component like a compositor, diode, transistor, rectifier, or something like that?
Ooh, that's a good idea. Diode sounds appropriately derpy.

Otherwise I can think of gate, capacitor, fuse, loop, circuit, battery, wire, resistor.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31