Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19216 times)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 0, Turn 5
« Reply #315 on: October 19, 2022, 11:51:27 am »

Ooh, that's a good idea. Diode sounds appropriately derpy.
+1 to this...
I have no objections to returning to the scholarship terminal to invest in shop class. 

However, I think we should let Jameson invest 3 times in his class by using his 2 memories and 1 source of remains.  I'd also like to check what our new golem needs to improve its class.
...and this.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 19, 2022, 12:31:04 pm »

I have no objections to returning to the scholarship terminal to invest in shop class. 

However, I think we should let Jameson invest 3 times in his class by using his 2 memories and 1 source of remains.  I'd also like to check what our new golem needs to improve its class.
...and this.
I had forgotten about this! Use Dust of Eternity, perhaps?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2022, 03:55:31 pm »

PTW, this looks cool

Also gratz on Weirdsound running a cool game like this!

Also also it was pretty weird to come back to bay12 today and decide to try and participate and see this on FG&RP with the blurb in the first post lol
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 03:59:10 pm by freeformschooler »

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 19, 2022, 04:30:45 pm »

I had forgotten about this! Use Dust of Eternity, perhaps?
Seems like a good idea. It's the thing we have the most of, anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 19, 2022, 11:12:58 pm »

Ooh, that's a good idea. Diode sounds appropriately derpy.
+1 to this...

...and this.

You lead the party, including your new friend Diode, back through the orange warp distortion and into the scholarship room, where you approach the terminal.

The console seems to detect your intent to use it, and a keyboard appears floating right in front of you. You get to work improving your grade in shop class.

Your mind passes into a manic and rhythmic state. Vrrrrrrrrrrrr! Whrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Bzzzzzzzzz! Goes the power drill at the core of your spirit. The screws of inspiration scream out in ecstasy as the bit finds them! As each screw is driven into place, your project becomes clearer and more alive! Slowly but surely you wrestle back control over your brain, and translate the fruits of your trip into a written proposal to submit to your teacher...

-Triumphant Memory Removed from Ring!

Next you order Jameson to approach the terminal. The machine again senses your intent, and a funnel rises from the massive desk the screen sits upon. Instictively you pour a unit of the green dust you picked up off the fallen dweller nerds into the opening.

-1 Unit Dust of Eternity
-Jameson's Memories

Your undead pet takes a step forward towards the screen... And suddenly the screen begins to flash red, as if it is demanding your attention.

Code: [Select]
Welcome to the Scholarship Station! To check your memories, please view your character sheet at: http://kotodes.wikidot.com/level-up-club-party

Course: Shop
Current Grade: C+
Investment: 0/1, Accepts All Memories. FURTHER INVESTMENT NOT AVAIBLE.
Special: You can invest two "Source of Wood" Raw materials in place of a memory. Reaching the grades of B and A+ will rank up your Artificer Class

Course: Literature
Current Grade: D+
Investment: 0/1, Accepts (H)eartfelt and (C)reative memories.
Special: Reaching the grades of B and A+ will rank up your Epic Bard Class

Course: Communications
Current Grade: D
Investment: 0/1, Accepts Co(L)laborative and (T)riumphant memories
Special: Reaching the grades of B and A+ will rank up your Salesman Class

Course: Life Sciences
Current Grade: D-
Investment: 0/1, Accepts Co(L)laborative and (F)rustrating memories
Special: Increasing your grade grants a Scroll of Dissection, which allows you to harvest extra resources from a fallen enemy

Course: Algebra 1
Investment: 0/1, Accepts (B)urning and (F)rustrating memories
Special: Increasing your grade grants a Scroll of addition, which allows you to increase your next d20 roll by +3

Course: Physical Education
Investment: 0/1, Accepts (B)urning and (T)riumphant memories
Special: Increasing your grade increases your max HP by 1d2

---

Unintelligent Party Member Detected! Custodian <Randy Jameson> may use the memories of subject <Diode> and resources from either party's inventory to tend to subject <Diode>'s growth and advancement.

Course: Electrified Support Class Advancement
Current Grade: Rank 1
Investment: 0/3, Accepts any memories. Any 1 'elemental magic' or 'abjuration magic' raw material may be used in place of a memory.
Special: Meeting investment goal will cause Diode to gain a rank in the Electrified Support Class.

Course: Jock Class Advancement
Current Grade: N/A
Investment: 0/1, Accepts the CD-A: Jock doodad.
Special: Meeting investment goal will cause Diode to unlock the Jock class.

---

CLASS ADVANCEMENT IN PROGRESS FOR UNINTELEGENT PARTY MEMBER <Jameson the Undead Minotuar>! INPUT FROM CUSTODIAN <Randy Jameson> IS REQUIRED TO PROCEED!

PLEASE SELECT A FOCUS FOR <Jameson the Undead Minotuar>'s ADVANCEMENT IN THE MONSTEROUS UNDEAD CLASS!
A - BRUTE POWER
B - UNHOLY ABILITIES
C - SURVIABILITY
D - CHEMISTRY WITH MASTER

Hhmmmm... Looks like I get a bit of say on what sort of new abilities Jameson gets from this. What should I pick?

"This emo warlock humbly suggests the 'Unholy Abilities' option."

Suppose I shouldn't find that input surprising...

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, and Playground AI. Character Sheet.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 11:52:26 pm by Weirdsound »

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 3, Turn 4
« Reply #320 on: October 19, 2022, 11:28:54 pm »

Giving Jameson some !!fun!! tools to play with should make life even more fun for our enemies - I'll vote B, Unholy Abilities. Jameson is already pretty tanky, tankier than we are in fact.
Also as a side note Diode literally hits a bit harder than a machete when it socks things. I guess that goes to show how puny humans are.

Open to suggestions and thoughts. If Diode had any memories we'd (probably) be able to jump it up a class level, since it can take elemental/abjuration magic materials and we have two of those on hand right now.

Come to think of it, do we want to assign Diode a set of pronouns? It's rather difficult to stick one on a golem or a zombie, and we only did the latter because "son" is in the name, feels like.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 19, 2022, 11:36:42 pm »

Damn, those all look good.

Jameson is already pretty tanky, tankier than we are in fact.
Also as a side note Diode literally hits a bit harder than a machete when it socks things. I guess that goes to show how puny humans are.
He's got more HP, but his AC is ass. I wonder if we can craft him some armor at some point.

And yeah, our support golem is also a punch golem. :P

Is Diode's levelup thing supposed to claim he'll rank up in Monstrous Undead?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 19, 2022, 11:53:55 pm »

Is Diode's levelup thing supposed to claim he'll rank up in Monstrous Undead?

Good catch. Thank you for playing spot the copypasta error.

PTW, this looks cool

Also gratz on Weirdsound running a cool game like this!

Also also it was pretty weird to come back to bay12 today and decide to try and participate and see this on FG&RP with the blurb in the first post lol

Forgot to comment on this, as I saw it while I was busy earlier. Needless to say, my day was made.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 20, 2022, 12:58:47 am »

+1 to getting Unholy Abilities.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 20, 2022, 01:58:31 am »

Giving Jameson some !!fun!! tools to play with should make life even more fun for our enemies - I'll vote B, Unholy Abilities. Jameson is already pretty tanky, tankier than we are in fact.

You enter option B on the console! Jameson briefly glows a wicked shade of purple!

Quote from: Jameson's Monsterous Undead HP Gain
1d6-1 (Floor of 1) = 1 - 1 < Floor = 1

Jameson's Max HP has Increased by 1!
Jameson Unlocks the Defile Life and Death Ability!

"You have a fine taste in underling upgrades my friend, and a good habit of taking better advice. I think we are going to work well together."

+Collaborative Memories for Gray and Randy Jameson!

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Playgournd AI, and Midjourney. Character Sheet.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 3, Turn 5
« Reply #325 on: October 20, 2022, 03:58:02 am »

How about we put a memory into our communication class, since I don't think we've done the classwork yet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 20, 2022, 04:52:33 am »

How about we put a memory into our communication class, since I don't think we've done the classwork yet.
+1

Then we should probably head back to Bugbearstein's room and go through the topmost portal in that room.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 20, 2022, 05:48:45 am »

+1

Then we should probably head back to Bugbearstein's room and go through the topmost portal in that room.
+1

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2022, 12:25:55 pm »

+1

+1. It'll be interesting to see what shenanigans we get up to, that's for sure.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 20, 2022, 05:16:38 pm »

You turn you attention back to the console, and begin to pour your newfound collaborative memory into it!

The world suddenly becomes... unified. You feel a oneness with all things... all places... all people? Why is it that we even have the need to communicate when we are all the same? It is in this very realization about the pointlessness of communication that perfect communication is born. Your fingers fly across the keybord, or they would, if the fingers and the keyboard were actually separate entities. The speech you are writing for class will be as perfect as it is pointless. Yet perfection is its own pursuit, and thus the assignment is not pointless in the end.

-Collaborative Memory

You then take one more look at the console before moving on.

Code: [Select]
Welcome to the Scholarship Station! To check your memories, please view your character sheet at: http://kotodes.wikidot.com/level-up-club-party

Course: Shop
Current Grade: C+
Investment: 0/1, Accepts All Memories. FURTHER INVESTMENT NOT AVAIBLE.
Special: You can invest two "Source of Wood" Raw materials in place of a memory. Reaching the grades of B and A+ will rank up your Artificer Class

Course: Literature
Investment: 0/1, Accepts (H)eartfelt and (C)reative memories.
Special: Reaching the grades of B and A+ will rank up your Epic Bard Class

Course: Communications
Investment: 0/1, Accepts Co(L)laborative and (T)riumphant memories. FURTHER INVESTMENT NOT AVAIBLE.
Special: Reaching the grades of B and A+ will rank up your Salesman Class

Course: Life Sciences
Investment: 0/1, Accepts Co(L)laborative and (F)rustrating memories
Special: Increasing your grade grants a Scroll of Dissection, which allows you to harvest extra resources from a fallen enemy

Course: Algebra 1
Investment: 0/1, Accepts (B)urning and (F)rustrating memories
Special: Increasing your grade grants a Scroll of addition, which allows you to increase your next d20 roll by +3

Course: Physical Education
Investment: 0/1, Accepts (B)urning and (T)riumphant memories
Special: Increasing your grade increases your max HP by 1d2

---

Unintelligent Party Member Detected! Custodian <Randy Jameson> may use the memories of subject <Diode> and resources from either party's inventory to tend to subject <Diode>'s growth and advancement.

Course: Electrified Support Class Advancement
Current Grade: Rank 1
Investment: 0/3, Accepts any memories. Any 1 'elemental magic' or 'abjuration magic' raw material may be used in place of a memory.
Special: Meeting investment goal will cause Diode to gain a rank in the Electrified Support Class.

Special: Meeting investment goal will cause Diode to unlock the Jock class.

---

Unintelligent Party Member Detected! Custodian <Randy Jameson> may use the memories of subject <Jameson the Undead Minotuar> and resources from either party's inventory to tend to subject <Jameson the Undead Minotaur>'s growth and advancement.

Course: Monstrous Undead Class Advancement
Current Grade: Rank 2
Investment: 0/6, Accepts any memories. Any 1 'remains' raw material may be used in place of a memory. FURTHER INVESTMENT NOT AVAIBLE.
Special: Meeting investment goal will cause Jameson to gain a rank in the Monstrous Undead Class.

Special: Meeting investment goal will cause Jameson to unlock the Jock class.

Satisfied, you lead the party through the light blue warp distortion into the room with the Heartstation. From there you continue towards the Northernmost portal.

The room you find yourself in contains no portal aside from the one you just stepped out of. The Dataflow River runs in the open to your East. Also to you east is a strange figure with nerdy glasses and a trenchcoat. He looks displeased.

"Ahh... Heartkeeper Poindexter! I believe my friend Randy here has something to show you!"

"Don't be glib with me Gray, or next time your soul winds up in my que for resurrection I might take some liberties with your prefrences while I'm working on your mind. I hear the My Tiny Unicorn fandom is particularly popular amoung you Rasputinite Losers, no?"

"Ullllp..."

The Heartkeeper turns his piercing stare towards you, and offers a forced smile that seems more like a sneer.

"Yes. I can see your ring. Give my your phone, boy. I'll upgrade it quick so I can get you out of here and myself back to what I was doing."

You do as instructed, and Poindexter swaps out your simcard in a matter of seconds.

"Okay. Quick rundown. Your phone now connects to the Multivernet; Literally every public network in every sufficiently advanced reality. Its mostly the same rules for browsing you'd be used to - don't be a dick, don't send unsolicited pictures of your dick, and watch out for shady links. There is one major difference between the internet and multivernet you should be aware of. Your universe is infinite, but the amount of data on the multivernet constitutes a greater magnitude of infinity than any single universe, and thus it must be regulated and contained for the sake of cosmic sanity. The Multivernet has no public search engines. The browser has no back button or history function. Links only work once. And you may only have five tabs open at a time. Manage those tabs well, for if you close one, you might never find that page again."

Poindexter hands you back your phone.

"I've loaded the Level Up Club Support Page into one of your tabs. You're welcome. Mr. Levy and I have developed a suite of useful tools and features accessible from there. Again, you're welcome."

+Multivernet Enabled Smartphone

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E and Playground AI. Character Sheet.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31