Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19264 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 7, Turn A3
« Reply #285 on: October 17, 2022, 04:18:35 pm »

Seems like our best option now is to let Jameson/Machete do their thing, dash over to the remaining brawler nerd, and give them a thwacking with our walking stick.

You move north, and take a swing at the remaining brawler with your walking stick!

Quote from: Walking Stick
To Hit: 4 + 2 = 6

Your feeble swing connects, but not with enough power to cause any damage! Jameson and the Machete move forward to continue their attack on the blaster.

Quote from: Friendly Turns
Horn Attack to Hit: 11 + 5 = 16
Horn Attack Damage: 2 + 1 = 3
Machete Chop to Hit: 15 + 8 = 23
Chop Damage: 5 + 2 = 7

This time it is Jameson that deals the killing blow, putting his horn right through the nerd's heart. The machete follows its orders to the letter and significantly mutilates the corpse.

Quote from: Goblinoid Turns
Dr. Bugbearstien attacks the remaining foe twice, but only hits once for unknown damage.
The Polygoblin attacks the remaining foe and hits for unknown damage.

Dr. Bugbearstien's lefthanded slash is dodged, but his right catches the foe in the gut, nearly disembowling him with a single strike! The Polygoblin follows up with a punch to the face that clearly breaks the enemy's nose!

Near death, the final brawler takes a careful step back into the final warp distortion and vanishes!

"Buahahahahaha! Victory is ours, human!"

Dr. Bugbearstien returns to his console to resume his work.

A very brief feeling of Triumph passes over you, and your eagle ring begins to glow!

+Triumphant Memory has been stored in your ring!
+Triumphant Memory for Jameson!

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, and Playground AI. Character Sheet.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 7, Turn A4
« Reply #286 on: October 17, 2022, 04:24:55 pm »

Try healing Jameson using Assemble.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 17, 2022, 04:59:55 pm »

+1. Also ask Bugbearstein if he needs help with anything.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 17, 2022, 05:48:29 pm »

+1 to asking him if he needs help, why not.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 17, 2022, 05:49:55 pm »

You try to cast assemble on Jameson, but the spell fizzles. You suppose that minotaur's bone to flesh ratio is not quite high enough to be subjected to even the weaker version of the spell.

ask Bugbearstein if he needs help with anything.

Hey doc, anything I can do to speed this process up?

"Not really lad. It looks like ya might actually have da skills to do this, but there is only one console to work on, and I doubt ya match my WPM. I'm almost done though. Just a few mor calculations..."

Silence falls for a few moments, before the Bugbear speaks again.

"Actually... thinking 'bout it, I could 'ave some more stuff for you to do in da long term. The bastards we fought got away, an' the ones we offed will respawn. All the Dweller factions save dem emos are gonna hate yer guts for working with me, so ya might as well keep working with me, no? I wont have to do no more hunting once I get these kids back home, but my peers and I still got work to do 'round the school dungeons. A local human agent could be useful, eh? If we keep in touch, I'm sure we can kick ya some Dubloons and other fun toys in exchange for a favor here or there. What do ya say?"

The Doctor turns from the console and offers you what appears to be a business card. You cannot comprehend the language it is written in, but it includes what appears to be an oddly formated QR Code.

Do you take the card? How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E and Playground AI. Character Sheet.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 17, 2022, 05:52:29 pm »

I'd say we take the card and ask how to read it, noting that we can't figure out the language. Also ask if the doctor knows anything about Poindexter, who we came looking for.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 17, 2022, 05:55:02 pm »

I'd say we take the card and ask how to read it, noting that we can't figure out the language. Also ask if the doctor knows anything about Poindexter, who we came looking for.
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 17, 2022, 06:13:49 pm »

You take the card.

+Dr. Bugbearstien's incomprehensible business card!

Umm... Thanks. But I can't read this.

"Oh. Right. Just scan it with any device that can connect to the Multivernet. It will send ya to a translated webpage."

Oh. I actually came into this dungeon looking for an Omni Sim Card so I can got on the Multivernet. Somebody called Heartkeeper Poindexter is supposed to give it to me. Any idea where I can find him?

"Heh. Bet the bastard is right through that portal just to my east. Waiting. He knows what I'm up to, but isn't allowed to move against me so long as there is a human poking around the dungeon. Levy don't let him deny ya opportunity, see? He wont be thrilled ta see ya knowing what you've done, but the rules say he has ta suck it up and give ya the card if you show him the ring."

The bugbear produces his own phone.

"If ya don't want to deal with that, I could sell ya my Sim Card for two Dubloons. That'd be about what it costs me to buy a new one once I warp home. I think yer club puts a bunch o silly firmware on theirs, so mine might be better anyway."

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E and Playground AI. Character Sheet.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2022, 06:18:18 pm »

Hmm... I feel like the club might be annoyed if we grab a non-club card. So we should probably check that portal to the doctor's east (looks kinda deep-reddish to me but likely no one else sees it that way) and see who/what we find there.
Open to suggestions/alternate ideas.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2022, 06:23:31 pm »

Hmm... I feel like the club might be annoyed if we grab a non-club card. So we should probably check that portal to the doctor's east (looks kinda deep-reddish to me but likely no one else sees it that way) and see who/what we find there.
Open to suggestions/alternate ideas.

It is indeed deep redish, but so is the one right below it. Bad design on my part, but nobody should be using colors to navigate this room. :p

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 7, Turn A5
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2022, 07:10:04 pm »

I'm wary of leaving Bugbearstein alone, both because he might need reminding not to take all three infinite pastries with him, and because our goth friend is going to be very confused when he pops out of stasis.

Let's loot corpses instead.

What we really need to do is go back to that console and spend some of these memories; a limit of 3 is pretty tight, and we don't want to waste any. Still don't want to run away and risk the operation, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2022, 09:21:19 pm »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2022, 11:31:33 pm »

Let's loot corpses instead.

I'll probably pass on that. Mind if I loot these corpses?

"Knock yerself out kiddo."

You set about looting the corpses. The dweller remains all dissolve into a fine green dust as soon as you begin to handle them. Most of it blows away, but you manage to collect a few samples, as well as the expected loot from their gauntlets.

The remains of the Polygoblin also begin to rapidly decay as soon as you investigate them. You manage to obtain 2 decent sized polygons before the corpse ceases to exist.

+3 Units Dust of Eternity
+3 Units of Gauntlet Goop
+3 Spools of Copper Wire
+2 64 Bit Polygons

As you wrap up your salvage operation, Dr. Bugbearstien signals to you from the console.

"Alright. I'm just about ready to leave. Twas actually a pleasure doing busniess with ya. Now that I'm never gon want for food again, I might bargain with humans more often. Look me up once ya get yer sim card if ya want some work! Ciao!"

With that, Dr. Bugbearstien steps into the stasis field, followed by the remaining Polygoblin. There is a flash of blue, and suddenly the field is empty save for the single Dweller you bargained for.

+Collaborative Memory
-Frustrating Memory

The Dweller begins to stir.

"Uggg... Ooooh... Good morning. Why the heck am I waking up in an Overflow Bin Heartstation? Is the Singularity Force pranking me again? Ugg.... Wait. I know you. You're that human Crow wont shut up about. What's going on here?"

The short version is a Bugbear nabbed you, was gonna take you to some setup for perpetual torture, but I bargained for your freedom because you are clearly in the same clique as my friends.

"Oh. Well thanks for that. Dodged a bullet there. And the Rasputin Society isn't a clique, its a faction. There is a difference. We manipulate human cliques. Speaking of factions, this dungeon more or less serves as home base to one that doesn't like me so much. Mind if I travel with you for a bit? I know you already did me a huge favor, but if I wander this place on my own, I'll just wind up feeding the Singularity Force's K/D ratio."

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E and Midjourney. Character Sheet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 7, Turn A6
« Reply #298 on: October 18, 2022, 12:21:54 am »

More the merrier!

We should spend some memories before we lose more. We have a (C)reative, (T)riumphant, and Co(L)laborative memory. Jameson has a (H)eartfelt and (T)riumphant memory, and we're not sure if he can spend them on merchant services or what.

Teal portal leads to the room with a terminal:

Code: [Select]
Welcome to the Scholarship Station! To check your memories, please view your character sheet at: http://kotodes.wikidot.com/level-up-club-party

Course: Shop
Current Grade: C
Investment: 0/1, Accepts All Memories.
Special: You can invest two "Source of Wood" Raw materials in place of a memory. Reaching the grades of B and A+ will rank up your Artificer Class

Course: Literature
Current Grade: D+
Investment: 0/1, Accepts (H)eartfelt and (C)reative memories.
Special: Reaching the grades of B and A+ will rank up your Epic Bard Class

Course: Communications
Current Grade: D
Investment: 0/1, Accepts Co(L)laborative and (T)riumphant memories
Special: Reaching the grades of B and A+ will rank up your Salesman Class

Course: Life Sciences
Current Grade: D-
Investment: 0/1, Accepts Co(L)laborative and (F)rustrating memories
Special: Increasing your grade grants a Scroll of Dissection, which allows you to harvest extra resources from a fallen enemy

Course: Algebra 1
Investment: 0/1, Accepts (B)urning and (F)rustrating memories
Special: Increasing your grade grants a Scroll of addition, which allows you to increase your next d20 roll by +3

Course: Physical Education
Investment: 0/1, Accepts (B)urning and (T)riumphant memories
Special: Increasing your grade increases your max HP by 1d2

---

Unintelligent Party Member Detected! Custodian <Randy Jameson> may use the memories of subject <Jameson the Undead Minotuar> and resources from either party's inventory to tend to subject <Jameson the Undead Minotaur>'s growth and advancement.

Course: Monstrous Undead Class Advancement
Current Grade: Rank 1
Investment: 0/3, Accepts any memories. Any 1 'remains' raw material may be used in place of a memory.
Special: Meeting investment goal will cause Jameson to gain a rank in the Monstrous Undead Class.

Course: Jock Class Advancement
Current Grade: N/A
Investment: 0/1, Accepts the CD-A: Jock doodad.
Special: Meeting investment goal will cause Jameson to unlock the Jock class.

Room with a terminal contains an orange portal which leads to a goblin:

"Lost and confused, human? I sell divination services that can help with that, you know."

Spoiler: Shop (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crafting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Divination (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quest (click to show/hide)

I feel like dumping memories into classwork is always a safe bet, but I'm also tempted by that golem minion. What would you guys think of asking the goblin if we can use some of Jameson's memories at stores?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Overflow Bin, Room 7, Turn A6
« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2022, 05:12:36 am »

I say we go get the golem, then spend the rest in class work.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31