Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 19301 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 2 - Lost Friends
« Reply #300 on: September 09, 2022, 10:39:34 pm »

Anyway, I think, unless KW wants to grill some more, that we’ve talked out the day. We seem to favour NJW for the elimination, everyone has claimed, and frankly this is getting boring.

NJW
I want to enjoy my weekend. Then I'll vote NJW.

I also was too busy tonight to explain why I think FoU is definitely town and I want to do that before day end.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 09, 2022, 10:44:04 pm »

So look, what are we doing today? I could lynch either of two people. You can probably figure out who I mean.
I don't really think KW is mafia here though.
Haha, I feel like I should be surprised, but I did SAY it, right?

Yeah, I wouldn't strongly say he's mafia at all, but he's clearly being unhelpful. So I guess I should go with my other choice, because I agree with hector that this is getting boring. NJW.
My real hesitation to vote NJW is because I don't see him being with anybody. Even you Knightwing, I can't really see that either right now after thinking about it, because he was trying to catch you out at the start of D2 after you claimed. I mean this is easy street if it's solo mafia, but I also don't believe this setup is solo mafia with just Tric as third-party.
It does seem like there must be a mally, but I don't know who it is. Hell, maybe it WAS Fallacy, although I don't really think so. It would be pretty funny if NJW bussed his mally d1 for town cred, not knowing that he had a death godfather ability too... but that would be absolutely ridiculous even for a proc gen game. It's probably just KW or Jim, or from my perspective, even you (and me from yours). Or hector. That's all possible choices, so it must be one of them. If NJW is the real scum, it doesn't matter. I don't really think he's the mally, since he seems to be trying NOT to draw heat.

KW is the only one who's been unwilling to vote NJW at all, so I guess I think he's the mally, but he's doing a very good job if he is.

I also was too busy tonight to explain why I think FoU is definitely town and I want to do that before day end.
Ugggh, fine, but try to be quick about it. unvote FOR NOW.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 09, 2022, 10:57:55 pm »

Och, such a tease, Max.

Anyway, I think, unless KW wants to grill some more, that we’ve talked out the day. We seem to favour NJW for the elimination, everyone has claimed, and frankly this is getting boring.

NJW

I mean, if his flip didn’t convince you… :p

I’m not seeing the point of telling us how FoU is definitely town, especially after the flip. I don’t really have reason to doubt it, and I don’t think even the main proponent of the fake flip theory is sticking by it either.

It’s fair that NJW isn’t really linked with anyone in terms of a team though. 2/3 of the town have unconfirmable actions, and regardless of whether or not NJW performed the NK, pretty much the only person he can’t be on a team with is me,  but that’s a bit WIFOM-y coming from me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 1
« Reply #303 on: September 10, 2022, 02:20:47 am »

As the weekend drew round, the testers were stuck in semi-mandatory overtime and it was making them grouchy. The elf-loving traitors messing with the game code were still no closer in sight..

Vote Count
- Maximum Spin
- ToonyMan
- KnightWing64
- NJW2000 - Hector13 [1]
- Jim Groovester
- Hector13
- No Launch

The day will end 11th September 2022, 7AM BST, unless majority is voting for any player or No Lynch. Hammer at 4.

Reminder: ties are resolved randomly.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 04:12:02 am by notquitethere »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 2 - Weekend Pays
« Reply #304 on: September 10, 2022, 03:49:39 am »

No Elimination

If there's only one scum, we'll be fine with five players. If there are two mafia, we're in mylo, especially after a fullclaim like that. I can't risk being miselim'd.

I'd consider asking people to actually post a case summarising why they think I'm the most likely person to be scum, but given the near-total lack of scumhunting this game, I'm not sure why I'd bother.

Going to be busy today, so advice in case I flip while afk and the mafia doesn't win instantly:

- Don't rule out the possibility of someone hard-defending town as scum... it's actually a pretty well known strategy, to the point that I've done it.
 - Don't assume Toony is 100% cleared by the convert, although it does look very good for him.
 - Try having an elimination where people actually build and post cases. Analyses based on behaviour. Then look at what people post, and see who you think is scum.
 - If Max gives away what I suspect they can, it's not necessarily a good idea to claim having it immediately. Don't really know about this though.
One wheel short of a wagon

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 10, 2022, 08:35:10 am »

So look, what are we doing today? I could lynch either of two people. You can probably figure out who I mean.
I don't really think KW is mafia here though.
Haha, I feel like I should be surprised, but I did SAY it, right?

Yeah, I wouldn't strongly say he's mafia at all, but he's clearly being unhelpful. So I guess I should go with my other choice, because I agree with hector that this is getting boring. NJW.
My real hesitation to vote NJW is because I don't see him being with anybody. Even you Knightwing, I can't really see that either right now after thinking about it, because he was trying to catch you out at the start of D2 after you claimed. I mean this is easy street if it's solo mafia, but I also don't believe this setup is solo mafia with just Tric as third-party.
It does seem like there must be a mally, but I don't know who it is. Hell, maybe it WAS Fallacy, although I don't really think so. It would be pretty funny if NJW bussed his mally d1 for town cred, not knowing that he had a death godfather ability too... but that would be absolutely ridiculous even for a proc gen game. It's probably just KW or Jim, or from my perspective, even you (and me from yours). Or hector. That's all possible choices, so it must be one of them. If NJW is the real scum, it doesn't matter. I don't really think he's the mally, since he seems to be trying NOT to draw heat.

KW is the only one who's been unwilling to vote NJW at all, so I guess I think he's the mally, but he's doing a very good job if he is.

Ugggh, fine, but try to be quick about it. unvote FOR NOW.

I’m not unwilling? When did I ever say that? I said I would if nobody else had anything to say?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 10, 2022, 10:07:23 am »

One thing to note about a no elimination is that NJW has claimed a vote blocking ability. Even if NJW is town, and they use it wrong, the town’s ability to win is reduced significantly, especially in the case of two scum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 10, 2022, 01:46:06 pm »

NJW2000 because waiting blows.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 10, 2022, 05:24:32 pm »

One thing to note about a no elimination is that NJW has claimed a vote blocking ability. Even if NJW is town, and they use it wrong, the town’s ability to win is reduced significantly, especially in the case of two scum.
I mean, if I use it wrong with two scum, town loses. But then again, if I vote wrong and there's two scum tomorrow, town loses. So not a particularly compelling notion.

With one scum, it's significantly less of an issue. But I'm willing to promise not to use it - to be honest, I have almost no idea who I'd use it on, so don't think the block is very likely to do much.

NJW2000 because waiting blows.
Says it all, really.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 10, 2022, 05:39:23 pm »

I have almost no idea who I'd use it on, so don't think the block is very likely to do much.
Let's say you're town, you get voted off today, and the game continues to D3. Who is the single mafia here?

I'm going to try to get my posts out tonight now that I'm home. This way if the game continues and I die tonight there'll be something for people to read.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 10, 2022, 06:10:21 pm »

I am genuinely deeply unsure. You, Max and Jim have for D1 and D2 been presenting minimal cases, barely pressuring anyone, picking over mechanical information instead of considering people's daygame, and following a broad and obvious consensus with little evidence of thinking it through. Naturally, you can't all be scum, but I'm hard pressed to say which of the three of you looks worst, especially as I can't really read Max.

Hector has been saying dubious things based on dubious arguments from time to time, but he does seem marginally more invested in the game. I think this is town!Knightwing, otherwise KW's scum game has finally clicked a little, at least to the point of not self-destructing.

Going to bed shortly. People can freely hammer if they are on; I don't have anything left to say.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 10, 2022, 06:11:56 pm »

I'll hold off for ToonyMan to say he's done, and I don't see Knightwing hammering here even if ToonyMan votes for some reason, so don't worry about that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 10, 2022, 06:59:58 pm »

I'm writing a big post.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 10, 2022, 07:03:41 pm »

Yeah I’m not voting yet, I like to hear whatever someone has to say before I actually vote them, given how many times I’ve voted someone on impulse and them being town.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 10, 2022, 10:43:41 pm »

I'm writing a big post.

Must be a huge post.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26