Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 19274 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 3 - Office Emptying Fast
« Reply #330 on: September 11, 2022, 01:44:03 pm »

It's definitely not me and Jim, Knightwing, and if it were, there wouldn't be any possibility for town to win anymore... Jim and I can both eat a lynch and not even care, so we'd have enough time to pick off all of town. Therefore, since the game isn't over, that's not it.

I attempted to bake for NJW2000 but with him being dead it probably didn't do anything. I also received another gift; I can learn the role PM of any role that has no abilities in common with any other role, but not who has it. I guess it's useful for catching fakeclaims I guess.
That's my "worst power", yes. It's now the most likely one to get handed out because I have two of it. Relatedly, there are no 'copies' or 'pries' in the game.
If it's 2v2 then I'm looking at a hector13/Knightwing64, hector13/Maximum Spin, or a Maximum Spin/Knightwing64 team and each of them are plausible but neither of them leap out to me as likelier than the others.

If it's solo scum then it could easily be any of hector13, Knightwing64, or Maximum Spin, although of the three Knightwing64 pops out to me as the more likely choice. hector13 could still be solo scum and his defense of FoU on Day 1 could easily be solo scum work since he has no team to give away and therefore can act in a much townier manner than if he had a team. I think here Maximum Spin is less likely to be solo scum since he has a confirmable N1 action. (The action being: no gifts were given out on D1, he did something N1, D2 and D3 gifts are given out).
I think this analysis is sound, especially the part where it's not me.
Day's just started but Knightwing64's got it all figured out.

I feel like if I shot Knightwing64 purely based on feel right here it would be the right choice and that if I reread the game (which I'm going to go do) I'll probably still end up voting Knightwing64.
I'm still as open to this as I said I was yesterday. Moreso, since the other one of the two didn't pan out.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 11, 2022, 02:05:22 pm »

Oh shit, I got so distracted by Jim's post that I forgot to say this important thing, though.

I believe I was the mafiakill target, not ToonyMan. My "middle" ability that I hadn't claimed makes me twins with ToonyMan. You can see this entry under "passive evasion" in the generator.

I didn't receive one of my own gifts so I have to assume there's another one floating around. I quested last night; I didn't receive a new power (there's only a 1-in-3 chance) but I would have been untargetable.

This also implies that, if Knightwing really did befriend ToonyMan, it should have hit me and he should have been told his action failed. Knightwing, were you?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 11, 2022, 02:13:53 pm »

No? I sent, “befriend Toony” and no other communication happened. Do you guys usually get a success message if your stuff works? Because both of my targets died the same night. I chose Toony because he suspected me and if he knew I was town, and I knew he was town, that would narrow it down a lot. But he’s dead.

I have the worst luck This round

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 11, 2022, 02:15:47 pm »

No? I sent, “befriend Toony” and no other communication happened. Do you guys usually get a success message if your stuff works? Because both of my targets died the same night. I chose Toony because he suspected me and if he knew I was town, and I knew he was town, that would narrow it down a lot. But he’s dead.

I have the worst luck This round
To be completely fair, I don't know that you should have been told, I just assumed. I certainly didn't hear anything about your alignment, though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 11, 2022, 02:22:16 pm »

I received an ability in the night about being a twin with Toony soooo… unless Jim was lying about what he received D2, Max’s claim is certainly possible.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 11, 2022, 02:22:54 pm »

I dunno why happened then; I could’ve gotten role blocked or something? I dunno, I’m super confused. I targeted Toony to befriend, and Toony is now dead. Sooo

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 11, 2022, 02:28:07 pm »

Well, the ability says targeting Toony would redirect to the twin, which during N2 was Max. Max seems to be claiming to have been untargetable, so your action wasn’t successful.

Basically the twin thing looks to be a passive redirect. Targeting Max would hit Toony; targeting Toony would hit Max.

It also says Toony is/was unaware of this.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 11, 2022, 02:41:35 pm »

Does ToonyMan have to be alive for the twin interaction to happen?

The game is going to get very weird if he doesn't.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 11, 2022, 02:47:29 pm »

Does ToonyMan have to be alive for the twin interaction to happen?

The game is going to get very weird if he doesn't.
I have no idea! I did ask what would happen, back when I first got the gifting ability, if anyone else got it, though; notquitethere said that actions targetting ToonyMan would be distributed randomly among those that had the ability.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 11, 2022, 02:58:14 pm »

So yeah. Max can’t be solo scum since the OP says if an action requires a target it can’t be self-targeting, unless specified otherwise.

I think I only choose between Jim and KW today?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 11, 2022, 03:00:25 pm »

I’ll read Jim’s stuff in a bit, everybody in my immediate vicinity apparently requires me to do things for them without delay.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 11, 2022, 03:40:21 pm »

I swear to all that is holy, I am the towniest of all the townies

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 11, 2022, 04:18:18 pm »

You’ve also claimed to have visited both players that died during the night so… not saying you killed them, but you could’ve killed them.

I’m not in a much better boat though. It’s the same as D2, minus NJW: you, me, or Jim probably performed the kill.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 11, 2022, 04:19:52 pm »

On the other hand, If I did have a kill action, why would I claim to have visited them when they turn up dead?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 11, 2022, 04:26:57 pm »

WIFOM, brah. You want us to think you didn’t perform the kill :p

Fact is you claim an action that can’t be confirmed, as have I, as has Jim. I… the ability I received leads me to believe Max at least didn’t perform the kill, but that doesn’t preclude them from being on a two scum team.

Basically my pool of suspects for D3 is, again, you and Jim.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26