Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 19278 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 2 - Weekend Pays
« Reply #315 on: September 10, 2022, 10:46:13 pm »

I'm writing a big post.

Must be a huge post.

I’ve been wanting to make a joke about long novels for so long but I also don’t know if Toony is okay, because apparently my thought process is “oh hey Toony must be taking a lot of care and atten- oh gosh he’s fallen and hurt himself and has been rushed to hospital.”
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 10, 2022, 11:02:27 pm »

I'm writing a big post.

Must be a huge post.
I've spent a lot of time reading the thread too so that takes up a lot of time.

Also Leafsnail wanted to watch stuff while I was doing this so that didn't help.

I'm not really proud of this compared to Roguelike Mafia or something. I would say confidence level is 60%.

*ahem*

I've been looking at player's posts from D1 to get a good idea how I feel about them.

I'm skipping posts when I have nothing to say about them.

I'm assuming Tric isn't lying about who they said they were, which I think is a given at this point.

Spoiler: Knightwing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NJW (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hector (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tric (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Max (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)

Blergh. So just reading D1 again I have some points:

1. Hector is town. I don't believe mafia!Hector impassionately attacks NJW over FoU.
2. NJW and Hector talk a lot about the setup. NJW tries to spin it that Hector is mafia that wants to talk about third-parties instead (which people like Jim agree with), but I don't really see that.
3. Max's pressure on FoU is weaksauce and I don't like how they disagree with Tric using their global attract on D1 when they have a quest ability they'd be able to use anyway. This seems extremely selfless of Max to care about what the rest of town would be able to do.
4. I like Jim. :)
5. FoU is town.

I feel like mafia is NJW + Knightwing here.

If that's incorrect, then I think it would have to be Knightwing or Jim + Max.

Italics would be a player that is maybe supporting the main player.

I don't really see anything else. Maybe I'm blind.

I am genuinely deeply unsure. You, Max and Jim have for D1 and D2 been presenting minimal cases, barely pressuring anyone, picking over mechanical information instead of considering people's daygame, and following a broad and obvious consensus with little evidence of thinking it through. Naturally, you can't all be scum, but I'm hard pressed to say which of the three of you looks worst, especially as I can't really read Max.
I'll give you a hint: If you didn't kill Tric then Jim or Knightwing did. Hector could have too, but I don't agree with that.

Why aren't you trying to push a vote on another player?

Hector has been saying dubious things based on dubious arguments from time to time, but he does seem marginally more invested in the game. I think this is town!Knightwing, otherwise KW's scum game has finally clicked a little, at least to the point of not self-destructing.
So then that leaves Jim for you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 10, 2022, 11:37:09 pm »

I don't really have a full post for D2, but here's some thoughts I'm having for the current day:

I'm not 100% sold on NJW being mafia still, however I don't really see any strong reasoning not to vote them and just want to have something to point back to if we're wrong.

I don't strongly believe this is a two-mafia setup and don't think it's mylo anyway. I do think there's two non-town players left currently.

NJW has said a lot of hypocritical stuff this game, but they looked super confused at the start of D2 which doesn't really make sense to me if they're mafia. They first say they think they were disabled and then later say they voteblocked Hector and are confused why this isn't the case. It's like the idea of Tric using their global attract went right over their head. Are they purposely playing dumb here?

I say this specifically because mafia would not have tried to kill Tric, so they would obviously fucking know they got redirected to Tric instead thanks to the global attract. So either NJW isn't mafia or they're acting dumb to look town. It's kind of convincing.

I would like to stick up for NJW more like this, but their theory on Hector not only being mafia, but also planning some insane bus with FoU really drives me crazy. Like sure I can see NJW wanting to argue that Hector is mafia. Hector could have killed Tric after all. Hector seemed quite sure that Tric used their global attract. Hector was right about FoU being town. These are all things mafia would be sure of. But NJW wants to be his odd-ass self and I just don't understand the Hector-FoU case he's trying instead.

My reads
Hector: town or mafia, more likely town
Jim : town or mafia, more likely town
Max : probably town
Knightwing : town or mafia or third-party, I don't know
NJW : mafia?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 10, 2022, 11:54:46 pm »

I'm tired. Why is a day deadline at like 2am on a Sunday?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 11, 2022, 12:31:08 am »

Does a super befriendist mean it can't be redirected or blocked?

Nay. The abilities in my original role (prior to receiving the gift from Maximum Spin) are exactly what I claimed. I don't know what makes a befriendist super.

4. I like Jim. :)

:)

I would like to stick up for NJW more like this, but their theory on Hector not only being mafia, but also planning some insane bus with FoU really drives me crazy. Like sure I can see NJW wanting to argue that Hector is mafia. Hector could have killed Tric after all. Hector seemed quite sure that Tric used their global attract. Hector was right about FoU being town. These are all things mafia would be sure of. But NJW wants to be his odd-ass self and I just don't understand the Hector-FoU case he's trying instead.

If NJW2000 made a case on Day 2 that made sense I probably might have a more favorable read of him and might direct my attention more towards you and Maximum Spin but arguing that FoU was actually a death miller and that hector13's defense of FoU was not genuine and instead actually suggests that hector13 is FoU's partner is also way too out there for me. I have to severely contradict my understanding of the game a lot for that to make plausible.

Would scum NJW2000 push pure nonsense arguments? Having been the target of one of these pure nonsense arguments in Armed Forces Mafia, the answer is yes.

NJW has said a lot of hypocritical stuff this game, but they looked super confused at the start of D2 which doesn't really make sense to me if they're mafia. They first say they think they were disabled and then later say they voteblocked Hector and are confused why this isn't the case. It's like the idea of Tric using their global attract went right over their head. Are they purposely playing dumb here?

I say this specifically because mafia would not have tried to kill Tric, so they would obviously fucking know they got redirected to Tric instead thanks to the global attract. So either NJW isn't mafia or they're acting dumb to look town. It's kind of convincing.

The confusion could be genuine if NJW2000's claim is legitimate and he performed claimed action as claimed and had to spend a few more computational cycles than usual to eventually come to the right conclusion about what happened during N1. If he's scum he would have to have a partner who actually performed the kill, however.

I'm tired. Why is a day deadline at like 2am on a Sunday?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 11, 2022, 12:37:24 am »

Bleeeh. I can't make myself vote before going to bed.

I'm going to say NJW was trying to play dumb, because they were completely aware of Tric's global attract on D1 and made reference to it. No way they wouldn't think Tric used it. NJW initially thinks Tric used their disable on him...for some reason?? I don't get it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 11, 2022, 12:47:20 am »

Pretty sure Tric said they would use the disable on NJW if FoU flipped town at some point on D1.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 11, 2022, 12:51:16 am »

Pretty sure Tric said they would use the disable on NJW if FoU flipped town at some point on D1.
Hmm yeah, that sounds right. Did NJW just assume Tric would target him to follow the "get befriended by Jim" plan?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 11, 2022, 12:58:14 am »

Hmm yeah, that sounds right. Did NJW just assume Tric would target him to follow the "get befriended by Jim" plan?
I mean that was Tric’a wincon at the time, NJW possibly thought Tric would play to it.

Not sure how he didn’t notice the various indicators that Tric had used his attract though, most notable of which is he flipped town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 1 - With Friends Like These Who Needs Quality Assurance
« Reply #324 on: September 11, 2022, 03:13:01 am »

Vote Count
- Maximum Spin
- ToonyMan -
- KnightWing64
- NJW2000 - Hector13, Jim Groovester [2]
- Jim Groovester
- Hector13
- No Launch - NJW2000 [1]

The code was still borked and the testers were no closer to finding the miscreants injecting elf-supremacy into the Dwarf Universe generators. Increasingly frustrated by his poor bug testing, NJW2000 was put forward for a performance review. He was summarily dismissed, but there was no indication that he was a saboteur.

NJW2000 has been launched.

Spoiler: Purple Changecop (click to show/hide)

Night Two has begun. You have 24 hours to send your actions, until 9am BST If you don't want to act, please tell me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 1
« Reply #325 on: September 11, 2022, 09:03:22 am »

Toony came into the office to find his computer confiscated. He was forced to hand in his company T-shirt, lanyard and rubber dwarf hammer. Was he guilty of any misconduct? Almost certainly not, but out of a job he was.

Toony has been killed.

Spoiler: Forensics Purpleic (click to show/hide)

DAY THREE

Spoiler: Current Source Code (click to show/hide)

The day will end 14th September 2022, 3PM BST, unless majority is voting for any player or No Lynch. Hammer at 3. Ties at end of day are decided randomly

Alive
- Maximum Spin
- KnightWing64
- Jim Groovester
- Hector13

Reminder: so long as more than one team can still win, the game continues.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 10:48:25 am by notquitethere »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Night 2 - Hammerings Will Continue Until Morale Improves
« Reply #326 on: September 11, 2022, 10:20:26 am »

*narrows eyes*

Right. Toony’s D1 analysis put KW on the block, but he also has a claimed befriend. Can anyone confirm this?

Can anyone confirm Jim’s befriend?

Can anyone confirm receiving a gift from Max?

My action was tremendously useful.

I learned my own role name.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 11, 2022, 11:08:57 am »

AGAIN

ARE YOU SERIOUS

BOTH BEFRIEND TARGETS DIED

Also, This kinda reaffirms my suspicion of Jim, he claims befriend, I don’t think there would be two befrienders in a game, both of the people he voted for ended up town, so unless somebody actually claims to have gotten a confirmed Jim town befriend message, I know where my vote is going.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 11, 2022, 11:11:59 am »

Also also, Toony said that the mafia is either em, or Jim plus Max, and max hasn’t been posting a lot. And now that I think more on it, I’m more confident about my theory. I believe hector is town. Jim or max are mafia/third party.

Jim

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 3 - Office Emptying Fast
« Reply #329 on: September 11, 2022, 01:37:05 pm »

I attempted to bake for NJW2000 but with him being dead it probably didn't do anything. I also received another gift; I can learn the role PM of any role that has no abilities in common with any other role, but not who has it. I guess it's useful for catching fakeclaims I guess.

If it's 2v2 then unless any of you have something up your sleeves the scum team can tie the vote and there isn't much we can do to stop that from happening.

Ties at end of day are decided randomly

Actually that's incredibly dangerous for the scum team so even if it is 2v2 they still have to play.

If it's 2v2 then I'm looking at a hector13/Knightwing64, hector13/Maximum Spin, or a Maximum Spin/Knightwing64 team and each of them are plausible but neither of them leap out to me as likelier than the others.

If it's solo scum then it could easily be any of hector13, Knightwing64, or Maximum Spin, although of the three Knightwing64 pops out to me as the more likely choice. hector13 could still be solo scum and his defense of FoU on Day 1 could easily be solo scum work since he has no team to give away and therefore can act in a much townier manner than if he had a team. I think here Maximum Spin is less likely to be solo scum since he has a confirmable N1 action. (The action being: no gifts were given out on D1, he did something N1, D2 and D3 gifts are given out).

AGAIN

ARE YOU SERIOUS

BOTH BEFRIEND TARGETS DIED

Why did you pick ToonyMan to befriend?

Also, This kinda reaffirms my suspicion of Jim, he claims befriend, I don’t think there would be two befrienders in a game, both of the people he voted for ended up town, so unless somebody actually claims to have gotten a confirmed Jim town befriend message, I know where my vote is going.

WIFOM.

Also also, Toony said that the mafia is either em, or Jim plus Max, and max hasn’t been posting a lot. And now that I think more on it, I’m more confident about my theory. I believe hector is town. Jim or max are mafia/third party.

Jim

Day's just started but Knightwing64's got it all figured out.

I feel like if I shot Knightwing64 purely based on feel right here it would be the right choice and that if I reread the game (which I'm going to go do) I'll probably still end up voting Knightwing64.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26