Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Epic Free Game of the Week  (Read 37836 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Free Game of the Week
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2023, 01:08:47 pm »

Today's games are Breathedge and Poker Club.

My Steam review for BreathEdge:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2023, 01:22:14 pm »

It seems in line with all the reviews i read :
- seems like Subnautica in space but it's more shallow
- good game with some potential during the first half
- lose all the good and become uninteresting in the 2nd half
- unfunny jokes galore

For the poker game, i wonder where it fits :
- people that like poker but don't want to use real money have already truckload of computer poker games (that are certainly much less taxing on ressource) to play
- people that like poker and want to use real money already use one of those online poker platforms where all the people like them are and don't need anything else.

Still no poker game with the ability to tell your opponent "you're a damn cheater" and shoot them with your colt in the saloon.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2023, 01:46:24 pm »

Today's games are Breathedge and Poker Club.

My Steam review for BreathEdge:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah, good. I was hoping to have someone confirm the poor quality jokes. I didn't want to say it looked unfunny without trying it first.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2023, 11:30:08 am »

There was a Thursday this week? I got busy with life.

This week, we have 3 games, which is a sure sign the quality is high.

First is Against All Odds. It's a multiplayer platformer where you need to get through a more-deadly version of Takashi's Castle (old Japanese gameshow, it was great). There are in-game purchases for some reason, but otherwise it looks pretty entertaining.

Edit: I think I'm badly missing something about the controls. I can't do wall-climbing/jumping at all most times, which is a bad sign for me doing well in this game.

Horizon Chase Turbo. It's a racing game that is based on 1900's racing games like Out Run.

Kao the Kangaroo. It's a 3d platformer that looks like it has some camera issues (which isn't unusual for 3d platformers).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 11:59:28 am by Iduno »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2023, 04:54:28 pm »

This week we have a single thing: Sims 4 Daring Lifestyle bundle. It may or may not come with the base game? I does require an EA Origin account, in addition to the Epic account, so there's no way I'll find out.

Additionally, they're doing the mystery game thing again next week.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 04:57:48 pm by Iduno »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2023, 05:36:16 pm »

There's this short "slot machine" video on twitter supposed to give some clue to next week "mystery" game :
https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1656676173198524425

Lots of people are saying it's going to be Death Stranding again (that was already given away a few months ago) due to several of the symbols appearing during the slot machine rolling are linked to some Death Stranding features apparently, but no idea what the symbols that actually stopped on the slots are refering to.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 05:38:20 pm by Robsoie »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2023, 09:28:37 pm »

Sims 4 Daring Lifestyle bundle. It may or may not come with the base game?

The Sims 4 base game went free last October.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2023, 09:39:57 am »

Sims 4 Daring Lifestyle bundle. It may or may not come with the base game?

The Sims 4 base game went free last October.

That said, I think they may have included it in the bundle. I had previously it added to my Epic account, and had no other Sims content on said account, but when getting the bundle, Epic said that it contained something I already owned.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2023, 06:01:52 pm »

There's this short "slot machine" video on twitter supposed to give some clue to next week "mystery" game :
https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1656676173198524425

Lots of people are saying it's going to be Death Stranding again (that was already given away a few months ago) due to several of the symbols appearing during the slot machine rolling are linked to some Death Stranding features apparently, but no idea what the symbols that actually stopped on the slots are refering to.

It was! Also, another game for next week that's "mystery."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2023, 11:07:18 am »

So far there's no clue for the next mystery game.

From what i read, there's a "leaker" that mentionned that epic was supposed to give away 2 mystery games by week (for a total of 8), but then changed to only 1 for a total of 4 (probably their budget not being as good as they originally thought) and that along Death Stranding the 2nd game should have been "Super Meat Boy Forever" 

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2023, 05:03:20 pm »

For tomorrow "mystery game" some of the slots machines clues ( link to picture ) are apparently hinting toward a Fallout game tomorrow.

There's only Fallout 3 and Fallout 1/2/Tactics on the epic store, so unless they have a very recent surprise signing with a publisher for a newer Fallout (as some pepple points that a few icons refer to some Fallout New Vegas pictures) , there's then lot of chance it may be again either Fallout 3 or Fallout 1/2/Tactics that both were already given away a few months ago.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2023, 03:01:18 pm »

Yes, it is Fallout New Vegas, with all of the DLC.

It's a slight improvement over Fallout 3, but most of the DLC aren't ones you'd want to replay ever. Big Mountain (the brains, which you get to through the drive-in theater) is the only one I wanted to go through again.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2023, 03:20:08 pm »

What do you mean slight improvement over 3? New Vegas is excellent.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2023, 04:13:10 pm »

If New Vegas is an improvement over Fallout 3 it must be awesome, as i completed Fallout 3 and all the DLC back when epic gave it away and truly enjoyed it.

Probably because F3 surprised me so much after reading all the "Fallout 3 is empty" negative reviews, and noticing during playing that it was not true at all with events happening everywhere and often during my travels without mentionning so many -varied- diverse and actually interesting (nearly on Oblivion level of interesting quests) missions to do.

A pity New Vegas does not work yet with Legendary/Rare/HeroicLauncher due to some file name and character not window OS friendly (but it will be fixed soon so no worry ) and no way i'm going to install the epic launcher, but very eager to get started on this New Vegas, already collected all the essential (script extender+performance/bug fixing plugins along with unofficial patch) :D

edit : damn, apparently epic did again the same crap as they did with fallout 3 and took the microsoft store version (and so will force you to download all the languages version of the game that you don't need), also meaning it is not compatible with the script extender (required by nearly all mods) because the executable is different from regular New Vegas.... 
At least with fallout 3 that could be worked around by applying the community Fallout 3 Anniversary patcher, but sadly there's no such thing for New Vegas.
Damn.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 07:12:45 pm by Robsoie »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2023, 04:51:17 pm »

For me Fallout 3 didn't feel empty so much as disconnected. There's a lot of really cool and wacky encounters, creatures, and setpieces, but they're not all that connected to each other. I liked my time in Fallout 3, but it never really connected with me the same as New Vegas, which felt a bit more connected (Not that there's not weird and wacky one off things in New Vegas). It helps that civilization is a bit farther along rebuilding though, so there's a bit more to the geography because you have NCR territory and stuff like that.

I've heard a theory that whether you prefer 3 or NV is based on which one you played first, so curious what your opinion of it will be.

I do seem to be the odd one out when it comes to New Vegas DLC, because the Utah one and Dead Money were my favorites, and Dead Money is the least favorite one for most people from what I can tell.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17