Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23354 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (4 / 9) - Day 4 - Voices
« Reply #750 on: August 17, 2022, 11:48:21 pm »

Saying Max killed every night is wrong because he got Roleblocked on Night 2 and the kill still happened, which is a night I had a confirmed action with my Track.

If anyone actually believes town got two extra vote abilities then yikes I guess.
Max didn't get Roleblocked Night 2, because he didn't lose his role. Nothing in his role protects him from Egan's Action, like he claimed.

His partner may have been hit by that Action instead (This is that bus thing again). Your track isn't actually confirmed, since I used my Action to target you and Shakerag. If Shakerag actually didn't target me, then you would've known that, so your track isn't confirmed.

Additionally, if you were concerned about the Motivate, then your No One vote doesn't make sense?

Wait when did I frame you Web?
Frame is perhaps overstating it. You immediately claimed I targeted Shakerag Day 3. It's something you could've known as scum if Shakerag didn't target me if you had perhaps gotten roleblocked?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 17, 2022, 11:52:14 pm »

Hold on... I can prove you still have your role, Roden.

Egan, buy from me, please.
Roden, consume his evil woth my Ability.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 18, 2022, 12:09:25 am »

Web, how could Max's partner be bussed with his partner if his partner is the only possible Busser?

I have no way of faking my Track on you because I have no way of knowing if Shake redirected you. I claimed my results immediately, if I faked my Track I'd get caught immediately.

Max literally admitted that he got Roleblocked...

I don't see the correlation between Jim claiming Motivate and me suggesting No Execute. Motivate typically only lasts for one day and you claimed your own extra vote.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 18, 2022, 07:09:54 am »

I still believe that max was blocked on N2 by me, and that may have prevented him from adding another person to groupchat. My roleblock action doesn't destroy his entire role, just any Killing actions. Which he claimed to not have any, but he could have and we just don't know because I destroyed them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 18, 2022, 07:13:26 am »

My hypothesis is that if Max was planning to add a second person to neighbor chat on N2 but was blocked, it would have made sense for him and Jim to have been chatting in there to 'confirm' themselves to whoever the target was.

This would mean that Max had the option on N0 to add his scum partner to neighborchat, add a townie to neighborchat, or do nothing. I'd say it's in character for him to do the former, right?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 18, 2022, 07:14:01 am »

Also, I sent the message to Buy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 18, 2022, 08:15:40 am »

My hypothesis is that if Max was planning to add a second person to neighbor chat on N2 but was blocked, it would have made sense for him and Jim to have been chatting in there to 'confirm' themselves to whoever the target was.

This would mean that Max had the option on N0 to add his scum partner to neighborchat, add a townie to neighborchat, or do nothing. I'd say it's in character for him to do the former, right?
The other hypothesis I have is that Roden randomized me with my Ability and never claimed it.This wouldn't require an additional Action, but it would be something that modifies his stolen Action, and it certainly looks bad if he can't force a biy on you.

It's just a hypothesis to be tested.

As for the question, yes. That very much makes sense.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 18, 2022, 09:36:12 am »

@FoU: Do Ability Shot numbers show their current usage or how many shots the Ability started with? For specificity: Does Maximum Spin have a remaining Shot in his Neighboring Ability, or did he start with 1-Shot?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 18, 2022, 10:14:15 am »

Post from phone:

Roleflipped abilities display their original shot count.

Yes, I’m aware that showing the current state of the role but the original state of the shots is a bit contradictory. Internal consistency is the most important, so I’m abiding by this for this game, but in the future I think I’ll handle it differently.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 18, 2022, 01:46:07 pm »

Anyway, Egan, I'd be willing to vote Roden here. If you want to as well, I'll let you Hammer, otherwise, don't feel like you need to.

Roden Roden

I'm almost positive that Roden is the scum here. He usually has a different demeanor when I falsely accuse him of being scum. I mean, he's right to be mad at me, but I can't see any flaws in Jim's reasoning from his perspective, and I see several holes in Roden's.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 18, 2022, 01:46:53 pm »

Also, Egan, if it's somehow you, well played.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 18, 2022, 02:08:16 pm »

Also, Egan, if it's somehow you, well played.
Likewise~

Roden 🔨

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 18, 2022, 04:55:04 pm »

The climax! The finale. The final act!

It was the best of the times. It was the worst of times.

It was a dark and stormy night...

The rest... is silence.

The dream ends. The masks come off.

Voices cry and make their final decision.

The choice is made.

This story's over. The play's the thing to catch the king - or the Prospector, in this case.

The results are simple enough. Behold!

Quote from: Votecount
(0) webadict:
(4) Roden: Jim Groovester, webadict, webadict, Egan_BW
(0) Egan_BW:
(1) Jim Groovester: Roden

(1) Not Voting: webadict

4 votes on a single player will hammer and immediately end the Day. Stop talking if this occurs.
If the deadline is reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be executed, but you all (other than the executed player) may continue talking until the moderator has arrived to resolve the execution.

The play comes to a close.

Roden was mafia.

Useless gold spills everywhere. Somewhere, a bloodhound is howling.

Roden's role was The Prospector.

The Prospector(mafia):
(Night) Gold In Them Cards! [target]: You aggressively mine for gold in your opponent’s cards, stealing a random ability from their role and adding it to yours. However, if you accurately name an ability they possess, that ability is mined for gold and stolen instead of a random one. If you hit the same player with this action more than once, your gold digging is too blatant, and they gain “(Auto) Gold: Useless, worthless gold.”
(Night) That Hound Of Mine [target]: You track your target with your bloodhound, learning what player or players they visited this Night. If your alignment is Mafia, you may choose to treat this ability as a Mafiakill ability when you use it - and have your bloodhound additionally kill your target.
(2-Shot, Auto) Dagnabit - My Mule!: If you would be hit by an action that removes abilities from your role, disables abilities in your role, or is a kill action, it fails and the player possessing that ability gains “(Auto) Gold: Useless, worthless gold.” - as your mule takes the hit for you.
(Day, Free) Chaos [target]: Remove the status “Released Evil” from your target if they have it. If “Released Evil” is removed, their action targeting is randomized the next Night.

Et tu, Egan?

The game has ended. The town players are victorious!

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?
« Reply #763 on: August 18, 2022, 05:14:52 pm »

And now for the credits.

The scumchat can be found [here].

Spin's Multiplayer chat can be found [here].

The deadchat can be found [here].

In the long term these Discord links may be replaced with archives.

Well played to all, and to all a good night!

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?
« Reply #764 on: August 18, 2022, 05:36:35 pm »

GG

The set up was fun and I loved my role, but uhh town power was kinda nuts.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54