Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23550 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (6 / 9) - Day 3 - Replacement Still Needed
« Reply #600 on: August 15, 2022, 02:14:34 pm »

You know what I take that back.

I do not want to have a bitter Day 3 argument like this.

Would you do me a favor and cut back on the snark and I'll do the same?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 15, 2022, 02:16:11 pm »

You know what I take that back.

I do not want to have a bitter Day 3 argument like this.

Would you do me a favor and cut back on the snark and I'll do the same?
It would set a better Beginner example, to be fair.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 15, 2022, 02:27:48 pm »

The problem here is that there's no reason to look at Roden, since Maximum Spin has TWICE been roleblocked, and TWICE been "unaffected" by it.

Jim, this is a no-brainer for you: Why did no one die on Night 1 if Knightwing64 roleblocked Maximum Spin? That's, like, hella-sus, right? But, you seemed so adamant that it couldn't be Maximum Spin when it certainly could, yes?

Here's what we were missing, Lenglon:
I targeted Roden/Lenglon => Actioned Maximum Spin and Lenglon
Jim targeted Roden => Tracked ? to Shakerag
Max gifted Jim => Unmodified
Shakerag magneted Roden => ? redirected to Shakerag
Shakerag gifted Egan_BW => Egan_BW received 2 Actions
Knightwing64 roleblocked Maximum Spin => ? was roleblocked
Egan_BW targeted Roden => Egan_BW action failed
Lenglon messaged Shakerag => Unmodified
Roden used Glass Lens on Lenglon => Roden used Glass Lens on Shakerag
Here's our list of Actions. Let's think about this one REALLY hard.

I was right. Maximum Spin and Roden were Bussed. Why? Because Maximum Spin attempted to frame Roden. (Tracking, Inspecting, etc.)

I targeted Roden/Lenglon => Actioned Maximum Spin and Lenglon (THE BUS!)
Jim Bussed Maximum Spin and Roden
Jim targeted Roden => Tracked ? to Shakerag Lies, since it was claimed AFTERWARD. (Max is obviously a buddy.)
Maximum Spin was Roleblocked (Did no action.)
Max gifted Jim => Unmodified
Shakerag magneted Roden => MAXIMUM SPIN magneted to Shakerag
Shakerag gifted Egan_BW => Egan_BW received 2 Actions
Knightwing64 roleblocked Maximum Spin => MAXIMUM SPIN was roleblocked (KNIGHTWING64 CANNOT BE REDIRECTED BY ACTIONS!!!)
Egan_BW targeted Roden => Egan_BW targeted Maximum Spin (MAXIMUM SPIN PERFORMED NO ACTION ON NIGHT 1 DUE TO ROLEBLOCK!)
Lenglon messaged Shakerag => Unmodified
Roden used Glass Lens on Lenglon => Roden used Glass Lens on LENGLON (THIS NEVER CHANGED!!!)
Solved.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 15, 2022, 02:31:04 pm »

That's why Egan_BW's action failed on Night 1. That's why there was no kill on Night 1. That's why Maximum Spin went after Knightwing64.

There is literally NOTHING that could stop Knightwing64's Action from working. Look at his role. He doesn't get redirected or bussed.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 15, 2022, 02:31:30 pm »

Are you implying a Max/Jim scumteam, wuba? I really don't think they coulda faked that groupchat.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 15, 2022, 02:37:34 pm »

Um, Web, in that case, Roden would have visited me, and I'd have known about that.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 15, 2022, 02:40:29 pm »

Are you implying a Max/Jim scumteam, wuba? I really don't think they coulda faked that groupchat.
Egan. I had to stop typing and close my eyes for a minute to process this because I am, frankly, astounded. Yes. I 100% believe that they are scum. I want you to realize this because I will be dead Tomorrow. I don't care which one we execute because both are scum. I will vote either one. They are attempting to point at literally anyone else but themselves, even when presented with all the evidence.

If we don't vote out one of Jim or Max Today, we're voting out me, so that I'm not responsible for giving everyone the exact answers on the quiz and then somehow watching the class fail.

Um, Web, in that case, Roden would have visited me, and I'd have known about that.
Hm, that's potentially valid.

Still, not going to think too hard until Roden claims fully. I'm voting Jim Groovester Today unless Jim makes a solid case for Maximum Spin instead.

I'm NOT VOTING RODEN. You can fucking kill me Today if that's the plan, but I'm not voting Roden. End of story.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 15, 2022, 02:42:26 pm »

Okay. I dislike that, but I can work with it I suppose. It's still very much putting all our eggs in one basket though.

Why Jim over Max? I personally find Max the scummier of the two.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 15, 2022, 02:45:57 pm »

I currently am thinking that one of the scum has a randomize target's target type of action. It helps explain the rather odd redirection patterns.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 15, 2022, 02:50:26 pm »

Egan. I had to stop typing and close my eyes for a minute to process this because I am, frankly, astounded. Yes. I 100% believe that they are scum. I want you to realize this because I will be dead Tomorrow. I don't care which one we execute because both are scum. I will vote either one. They are attempting to point at literally anyone else but themselves, even when presented with all the evidence.

If we don't vote out one of Jim or Max Today, we're voting out me, so that I'm not responsible for giving everyone the exact answers on the quiz and then somehow watching the class fail.

I'm really not convinced, but I do trust that you're town and you can totally strongarm me because eliminating someone other than your choice would require mafia cooperation. So "go off, king", I guess.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 15, 2022, 02:53:12 pm »

Okay. I dislike that, but I can work with it I suppose. It's still very much putting all our eggs in one basket though.

Why Jim over Max? I personally find Max the scummier of the two.
Honestly, I've been scumreading Jim all game, but that's a bad habit of mine, so you can take it with some grains of salt.

The biggest reason is that Max has said that Jim is potentially scummy but Jim has said that Max cannot be scum without any solid reasoning. Jim has also done nothing to stop people that he believe are Town from fighting.

Additionally, Jim and Max are both working together to pin the Mafia as Egan_BW and I (And Max attempted to pin it on pretty much everyone EXCEPT Jim.)

There's just no way it's not both of them to me, and in order for me to change my mind, one of them has to start hunting the other, because no one else can be paired (Let's include Roden, just for the sake of it.)

Also, you're right, Roden definitely used his Ability on Shakerag. I forgot about Shakerag claiming the Glass Lens. My bad. There's something else that happened.

I'm really not convinced, but I do trust that you're town and you can totally strongarm me because eliminating someone other than your choice would require mafia cooperation. So "go off, king", I guess.
No, I can be outvoted. I'm a strong voice, but I'm not unbeatable. (Mafia + Mafia + 2 Townies > You + Me + Me) I can't afford to not argue here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 15, 2022, 02:54:22 pm »

Trimmed down to the basics:

In order for me to think either is Town, they have to find the scum among the two of them.

I just think it's both of them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 15, 2022, 02:56:53 pm »

No, I can be outvoted. I'm a strong voice, but I'm not unbeatable. (Mafia + Mafia + 2 Townies > You + Me + Me) I can't afford to not argue here.
Say that you want Jim, and I want Roden. Best case I convince two townies, it's 2 jim and 3 roden. Mafia gets to decide. My point isn't that you don't have to argue, it's that I can't really do much about if I think that you're tunneling town!jim.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 15, 2022, 02:59:05 pm »

Jim, this is a no-brainer for you: Why did no one die on Night 1 if Knightwing64 roleblocked Maximum Spin? That's, like, hella-sus, right? But, you seemed so adamant that it couldn't be Maximum Spin when it certainly could, yes?

Did I say it couldn't be Maximum Spin, today? I did say it in previous days. I'm reading through the thread and Maximum Spin being able to upgrade my abilities even when roleblocked presents a glaring hole in the N1 role results given that me receiving his upgrade on N1 was used to argue that he couldn't have been roleblocked by Knightwing64.

The problem here is that there's no reason to look at Roden, since Maximum Spin has TWICE been roleblocked, and TWICE been "unaffected" by it.

No, Roden is perfectly worth looking at. Read through his Day 2 and tell me it screams town behavior.

Tell me Maximum Spin and I faked six thousand words between the two of us and I will vote myself.

It cannot be both of us. You cannot argue that I do nothing all game but I decide it is worth the effort to fake a six thousand word neighbor chat with Maximum Spin.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 15, 2022, 03:01:05 pm »

Technically, it said "Lenglon's alignment is town." But you know, redirection.
So there's an oddity in this statement. Namely, when I got my action's information about Web, it was phrased:

"Your target blah blah blah"

What does give me information phrased as "Playername blah blah blah" is my "you learn what players have blah blah blah" Auto.

But Shakerag's auto did still copy Glass Lens...

FoU: Does the user of Glass Lens (from Tric's flip) visit their target?

I'm not sure what I'll do with the answer to this question, but I do think it needs to be asked just to be sure.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 54