Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23533 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Day 2 - Mysteries Afoot
« Reply #465 on: August 13, 2022, 10:50:13 pm »

Ye.

Also, taking a break from mafia will probably do me some good.

I get way too worked up about these types of things. Whenever I got voted I immediately type a spew of such vitriol that it actually surprises me until I realize that I probably shouldn’t post it and erase it and make a chill post

Don’t cry when I die, just remember that in my heart of hearts, to me…

All of you are bitches

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 13, 2022, 10:50:55 pm »

Ninja’d, sorry

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 13, 2022, 11:04:42 pm »

Ye.

Also, taking a break from mafia will probably do me some good.

I get way too worked up about these types of things. Whenever I got voted I immediately type a spew of such vitriol that it actually surprises me until I realize that I probably shouldn’t post it and erase it and make a chill post

Don’t cry when I die, just remember that in my heart of hearts, to me…

All of you are bitches
You're dead.

That said, please keep in mind mafia is just a fun forum game, when it comes down to it. If you feel the need to take a break from it, nobody here will judge you for that. Keeping a cool head and logical thoughts is difficult even for experienced veterans.

Okay, locking the thread now.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (7 / 9) - Night 2 - Step Into The Dark And Weep
« Reply #468 on: August 13, 2022, 11:22:05 pm »

webadict has requested a replacement.

Since it's Night, please PM me to accept instead of posting in the thread.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (7 / 9) - Night 2 - Replacement Needed
« Reply #469 on: August 14, 2022, 11:58:59 pm »

Processing Night actions now. I would have done it an hour earlier, but we needed to fill out some documents for our job benefits and while the benefits are nice, paperwork always takes a while.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (7 / 9) - Night 2 - Replacement Needed
« Reply #470 on: August 15, 2022, 04:39:21 am »

Tis the morning, and the playwright themselves is quite tired and cranky.

They request your patience and understanding.

And as an apology... they present your fellow-masker-player Shakerag's magnificent corpse, devoid of treasures.

Shakerag was killed during the Night. Shakerag was town.

In truth? Shakerag was what he always was. Himself. Or rather, a conceptual entity largely based upon his own self-referential framework, or...

Shakerag's role was The Beginner’s BYOR 3 Role That Is Shakeragian Because Of Course I Would Submit That.

The Beginner’s BYOR 3 Role That Is Shakeragian Because Of Course I Would Submit That(town):
(Auto) Typical Shakerag: When you are hit by a non-Mafiakill single target action, you gain a 1-Shot copy of that action because reasons. Whenever you use a 1-Shot action you possess, you lose all 1-Shot actions you possess after it resolves.
(Night) Shakeragian, Thus Of Shakerag, Thus Belonging To Shakerag [target]: You make a persuasive, nonsensical argument, forcing your target to target you. If they would use a kill on you, you revive if you die as a result of that kill, then lose this ability if you revived as a result of this ability. However, if your target possesses a Shakeragian role, you destroy any killing actions they possess, then trade roles with them, instead of this ability’s normal effect.

Mod note: I resolve roleflips according to the state of the player's role when they died, not the state of the player's role at the start of the game. I state this now since I figure someone would ask it later on, and I'm going to pass out once I finish writing this.

Quote from: Votecount
(0) webadict:
(0) Lenglon:
(0) Roden:
(0) Egan_BW:
(0) Maximum Spin:
(0) Jim Groovester:

(7) Not Voting: webadict, webadict, Lenglon, Roden, Egan_BW, Maximum Spin, Jim Groovester

4 votes on a single player will hammer and immediately end the Day. Stop talking if this occurs.
If the deadline is reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be executed, but you all (other than the executed player) may continue talking until the moderator has arrived to resolve the execution.

As there are six players remaining alive and two of them are mafia, it is now MYLO.

Day 3 starts now and will end Wednesday, 11 PM, Central/Forum time.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (6 / 9) - Day 3 - Replacement Still Needed
« Reply #471 on: August 15, 2022, 04:45:12 am »

I claim Tracker. Web visited Shake last night.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 15, 2022, 04:54:48 am »

I want to wait for other people to claim their night results today before I claim my own.

Roden, just as a formality, what did the glass lens say?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 15, 2022, 04:58:16 am »

Technically, it said "Lenglon's alignment is town." But you know, redirection.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 15, 2022, 05:04:44 am »

Hey, I'm up for day start this time.

Before I make any claims, let me share a role fact: I learn something about who visits either me or Jim. I find something about this information suspicious.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 15, 2022, 05:12:22 am »

Hey, I'm up for day start this time.

Before I make any claims, let me share a role fact: I learn something about who visits either me or Jim. I find something about this information suspicious.
Neat. You aren't who I'm waiting for so our desires to wait don't conflict.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 15, 2022, 07:14:50 am »

I claim Tracker. Web visited Shake last night.
Well that isn't possible, since I target two people.

Technically, it said "Lenglon's alignment is town." But you know, redirection.
This is also impossible.

I'm actually in a weird position because I can almost prove for certainty that I'm Town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 15, 2022, 07:19:52 am »

... God damn it, Shakerag forced me to target him, so Roden is probably telling the truth.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 15, 2022, 07:21:17 am »

Or at the very least, Roden isn't lying that I targeted Shakerag. But that means 99% that Maximum Spin and Jim Groovester are Mafia.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 15, 2022, 07:24:22 am »

Webadict is town and I learned the details of the "selling evils" action. I won't explain it here because it's a work morning from my phone. Unlikely I was redirected since I knew he had that ability. That was the result of my "Light of Truth" action, powered up by it being N2.
My other action, since Shakerag used Seed of Hope (the un-powered up version) on me N1, was to roleblock and destroy all killing moves of Maxiumum Spin. No feedback on that one, but it did go through. This was the powered up version of "Flame of Justice", because it was night 2.

My auto removes all of my actions after Night 2, so I don't have any anymore. Thus, fullclaim. I has that auto and three oneshots, information gathering Light, disrupting Flame, and helping Seed. All three were more powerful on N2, on the verge of me losing them.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54