Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23466 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (6 / 9) - Day 3 - Replacement Still Needed
« Reply #570 on: August 15, 2022, 01:00:05 pm »

Is this allowed? I guess it's allowed.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 15, 2022, 01:00:34 pm »

I can verify from questions I asked FoU regarding my "poison" 1-shot, that scum wincon is the same as it was when Web was mod, with similar implications.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 15, 2022, 01:01:21 pm »

Is this allowed? I guess it's allowed.
I don't see why it wouldn't be. It's not a mod pm.
I can verify from questions I asked FoU regarding my "poison" 1-shot, that scum wincon is the same as it was when Web was mod, with similar implications.
Yeah, we both asked right after and were also told that. That's why I stopped there: I didn't want to quote mod communications. :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 15, 2022, 01:05:22 pm »

Solid choice.

I very much want FoU's answer to my question before I cast a proper lynch vote. If Roden only sees Web visiting once when he should see Web visiting twice, then we have a problem.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 15, 2022, 01:06:27 pm »

I'll just be blunt, my suspicion is that you're making this up on the fly, and I figure if you are forced to make a very large Jim-post it will either be obviously fake, contain blatent scumtells, or will take you a long time to do it.

Are you for real

I am pleased that the game has devolved into a game of telephone with everything I've said in neighbor chat.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 15, 2022, 01:06:36 pm »

Wuba: I trust you strongly. I got a read on your alignment along with the text of 'Basement Pithos of Spiteful Half-Price Deals' from the same action, meaning I wasn't redirected. So if you're scum, you're a godfather.

I'm... not sure if you could have acquired tric's godfather auto somehow as a result of him buying. I guess that's a possibility.

I do know that you get an ability called "Elpis", but I don't know what it does.
Apparently the greek goddess of hope, so that's on brand for me as a Magical Girl. Sure, let's do your thing!

If Max and Jim are both town, then I guess that leaves Leng and Roden as the scumteam for me? Does that make sense?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 15, 2022, 01:16:13 pm »

You are making sense Egan, though at this time I'm mostly willing to discount Max/Jim as the scum Pair. I could still see either of them as scum in isolation at this time. Max's last post was quite convincing to me on the "not-a-pair" aspect.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 15, 2022, 01:19:42 pm »

Yes, their shared chat isn't a scum chat.
I mean, probably. They could have started their own channel to chat in-character as townies in just so that they could claim this and now I wanna do that when I'm mafia huh

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 15, 2022, 01:24:30 pm »

Well, assuming that I did successfully block Max, then if they're not both lying, Jim must be the liar, as he said that he got Max's gift.
I can't discount redirects though, perhaps I should have used both of my actions on the same target to be more sure.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 15, 2022, 01:27:07 pm »

Web, how did you get +1 vote?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 15, 2022, 01:28:58 pm »

Maximum Spin and I cannot be a scumteam together because there are lengthy exchanges in neighbor chat dedicated to genuinely solving the game that would not be present or the content would be significantly different if we also shared a scum chat. Such exchanges and the amount of them are difficult to fake and it would be fucking silly of us to fill up neighbor chat with genuine game discussion just to copy paste it out at milo.

It does not work. Come up with a better theory.

I have put some thinking in, and as long as Web can find at least one scum for sure, I'm happy with pretty much any plan.
It doesn't find one, but it narrows down the scum really fast and at extreme danger to losing!

Jim Groovester Jim Groovester

This narrows down the scum to me or Jim, since it's 4 to Hammer. Also, specifically, me and Egan vs Jim/unknown.

I am a double voter.

Did you start life as a double voter or did you steal the vote from Shakerag?

webadict, Lenglon, give me your read on Roden right now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 15, 2022, 01:32:09 pm »

I've been wondering if the town haven't been bickering with each other constantly while the scum team are more than happy enough to stay on the sidelines and let it all happen.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 15, 2022, 01:33:21 pm »

My read on Roden right now is that he used Glass Lens N1, as confirmed by Shakerag getting a copy of Glass Lens via his auto. This means he either wanted to frame me, or to inspect me. Roden wanting to inspect me makes sense with Roden as town and not with Roden as scum.

I am currently more focusesd on Web's alignment, due to Roden tracking Web exactly once to Shakerag and to nobody else. I don't see a Web/Roden scumteam as plausible with the way Roden called out Web at day start.

Roden's behavior has not been readable to me, so I have a null emotional read on Roden at this time.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 15, 2022, 01:33:57 pm »

I can answer that. If nobody Buys he gains an extra vote from "spite".

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 15, 2022, 01:34:33 pm »

I can answer that. If nobody Buys he gains an extra vote from "spite".
Then where did the scum redirect go last night?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 54