Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23656 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Day 2 - Mysteries Afoot
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2022, 10:36:17 pm »

Quote from: webadict
I am scheming with Lenglon
Quote from: Lenglon
I am scheming with webadict
Quote from: Shakerag
I am scheming with Lenglon and webadict

Fuckin' neato. Keep it up.

Quote from: Shakerag
I am repeatedly being told 'fuck you'

lmao

Quote from: Roden
I hammered TricMagic for dubious reasons

Hrmmmmmmmmmmm.

claims

I tracked Roden to Shakerag. Also on Night 0 I tracked Roden to webadict and I was going to claim this as soon as Roden made his claim but I was preempted by the TricMagic quick lynch.

There's more I can do that I have not claimed.

Based on abilities I've seen, I'm inclined to lean town on Egan and Roden then.

FallacyofUrist gave town TricMagic a godfather ability. Leaning town on players because of their role abilities is a bad assumption.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2022, 11:49:35 pm »

I gave a gift to a person who can confirm that I gave this gift.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2022, 12:25:41 am »

I am highly curious what knightwing and egan will have to say when they arrive.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2022, 12:40:22 am »

All right. So.

I know that I am town.
I suspect Shakerag to be town. Scum Shakerag has no reason to get town Roden off the hook there. Maybe they are scum together, but:
I weakly suspect Roden to be town. I don't think scum hammers like that yesterday unless they're incredibly reckless. Although I admit I don't know if Shakerag is incredibly reckless. I don't think most of the other possible teammate options would agree to it. I admit I just talked myself into thinking a Shakerag/Roden team is more plausible than I did when I started this, but it's still not my focus. I'll get back to why.
I strongly suspect the person I gave the gift to is town. He can claim if and when he wants.
I suspect at least one more player to be town for reasons not yet disclosed.

I won't list who that leaves since that would implicitly out the people I mean above, but one key individual that does leave out is Knightwing. Knightwing isn't making the kind of desperate jokes that were formerly my go-to for scumreading him, but his almost successful salvage operation in Demon Mafia suggests that he's learned to compensate for that tell now. At the same time, he doesn't strike me as operating within his usual town meta, instead seeming very detached and low-effort, like the same kind of shitposting with less shit than before. This is subject to revision when he shows up today, and I'm not ready to place a vote yet, but that's my current strongest take.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2022, 02:52:32 am »

*voted, not hammered in the third quote

Either way I don't see how you don't get it. Unless someone wants to counter claim the Lens, I'm confirmed to be telling the truth.
Okay, hm, maybe I should help phrase it, because you're going to get attacked over this, so if you can't explain it thoroughly and prove yourself sufficiently Town, how can we trust you?

I don't think you getting the Lens is the issue. The real concern is that you DID hammer TricMagic, and now there's the potential for you to be lying about using the Lens. So, you may not have been roleblocked (to your knowledge), but we can't verify who you targeted.

Regardless, I can't be blocked at this point since I already sent in the action, all scum can do is kill me to stop the results. I have a workaround though, if necessary.

EDIT: Yeah I didn't get anything. I know it wasn't blocked, so it has to be a Redirect.
Would you like to fullclaim for us?
Full claim? No, I don't I'll give info to scum they don't need. You already know one of my abilities anyway.
Then, what would you be willing to claim to? Are you the one that stole my Ability N0?
I voted Tric because you, in big bold text, accused him of being a Godfather and said you wouldn't move your vote. Tric also used the same shitty meta read he used last time he was scum to try to pressure me, as well as claiming to be a gift giver which has been scum in the past, especially in Fallacy games. Besides that, we both know Tric would sooner or later spew who he gave the Lens to anyway because he can't stop talking about his role, and if not him then everyone else by proxy of admitting they didn't have it. So let's stop pretending I did a scummy lolhammer and come back to reality here.

Yes, I did steal from you on N0 and softed that I did yesterday. I targeted Tric though and was very confused at Day start, because I somehow gained two abilities and one of them actually was from Tric. I thought he started with the Lens and "something that has to do with evil", but then he said something that mentioned the "evil" ability and that it was an interaction that dealt with your role.

FTR, an unclaimed Redirector is in the game. I targeted Tric last night, but given the context of some claimed stuff I'm pretty sure I got sent to Web instead. Unless Web is a action-specific Lightning Rod or Tric is a reflexive Redirector I guess.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2022, 02:53:49 am »

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2022, 02:56:35 am »

So here's the thing, I know when people visit me. I was not visited by you Roden. Explain yourself.

For the record, I redirected Roden to myself.

Processing all the shit I got sent overnight.
And, I think, I can confirm that Roden did not use a kill action last night.
I tracked Roden to Shakerag. Also on Night 0 I tracked Roden to webadict and I was going to claim this as soon as Roden made his claim but I was preempted by the TricMagic quick lynch.
This should clear up your other issues Web.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2022, 05:49:54 am »

Max I’m just by default a very snarky person

Max, what did you do last night? Just a question out of curiosity

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2022, 05:50:51 am »

Also, you stated my posts were low effort, I kinda just started high school and that messed heavily with my sleep schedule sooooooo

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2022, 05:51:38 am »

Wait, I roleblocked you Max, there is no way you could’ve given anybody any gifts?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2022, 05:56:30 am »

Max

I’m Sus of you

Also, I was mafia last time

What are the chances of me being mafia directly after

And I caught you in a lie

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2022, 07:16:51 am »

*voted, not hammered in the third quote

Either way I don't see how you don't get it. Unless someone wants to counter claim the Lens, I'm confirmed to be telling the truth.
Okay, hm, maybe I should help phrase it, because you're going to get attacked over this, so if you can't explain it thoroughly and prove yourself sufficiently Town, how can we trust you?

I don't think you getting the Lens is the issue. The real concern is that you DID hammer TricMagic, and now there's the potential for you to be lying about using the Lens. So, you may not have been roleblocked (to your knowledge), but we can't verify who you targeted.

Regardless, I can't be blocked at this point since I already sent in the action, all scum can do is kill me to stop the results. I have a workaround though, if necessary.

EDIT: Yeah I didn't get anything. I know it wasn't blocked, so it has to be a Redirect.
Would you like to fullclaim for us?
Full claim? No, I don't I'll give info to scum they don't need. You already know one of my abilities anyway.
Then, what would you be willing to claim to? Are you the one that stole my Ability N0?
I voted Tric because you, in big bold text, accused him of being a Godfather and said you wouldn't move your vote. Tric also used the same shitty meta read he used last time he was scum to try to pressure me, as well as claiming to be a gift giver which has been scum in the past, especially in Fallacy games. Besides that, we both know Tric would sooner or later spew who he gave the Lens to anyway because he can't stop talking about his role, and if not him then everyone else by proxy of admitting they didn't have it. So let's stop pretending I did a scummy lolhammer and come back to reality here.

Yes, I did steal from you on N0 and softed that I did yesterday. I targeted Tric though and was very confused at Day start, because I somehow gained two abilities and one of them actually was from Tric. I thought he started with the Lens and "something that has to do with evil", but then he said something that mentioned the "evil" ability and that it was an interaction that dealt with your role.

FTR, an unclaimed Redirector is in the game. I targeted Tric last night, but given the context of some claimed stuff I'm pretty sure I got sent to Web instead. Unless Web is a action-specific Lightning Rod or Tric is a reflexive Redirector I guess.
Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssteeeeeeeeeeeeeen, deep breath, okay? You know my questions are completely justified. You're digging yourself a hole bigger than Texas, and more likely to kill you, too.

I say a lotta things in knee jerk reactions, which is entirely my fault. If you are going to blame my for executing TricMagic, you're laughably wrong, but I will admit, Tric deserved it for voting himself because he could have EASILY convinced me otherwise, in spite of what I say. I skipped over the pages he had attempted to justify himself to post, since I had been in a bit of a hurry and then attempted to post-rationalize him being scum. You are, however, responsible for the execution, since your post seems to show that you planned on using your ability on Lenglon to determine her alignment during the Night ("I'll deal with Lenglon tomorrow"). It is silly to think that your words do not incriminate, at some level, you on your intent to hammer TricMagic. Your justification here is that Tric spews about his role, but that is a uniquely Towntell for Tric, so shutting him up before that happens only looks bad for you.

You're crazy if you think you can do anything but accept the blame, bro, it was LITERALLY your fault. Ain't nobody made you Hammer but you.

Anyway, we can end this interrogation here, thank you for participating in this demonstration. Maximum Spin and Jim Groovester are the scum.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2022, 08:50:10 am »

Web, do you mind explaining why it's max / jim and why of the two you want max lynched first?

Also, I'm leaning towards the "don't buy" option but since Roden and I need to decide together to get things done am still holding off. Roden do you want me to buy to give web info about me (and are you willing to do the same) or would you prefer web  stay in stage 1 of his role and retain night options?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2022, 09:29:34 am »

Oh, because Max tried to kill someone last Night, and Knightwing stopped him.

Or if you want how I narrowed them down, because they were at the top of the list, that will take a bit longer. I really just needed to know who stopped the kill. Technically, I would much rather remove Jim Groovester first, since he's almost certainly Mafia based entirely around his playstyle and meta. Maximim Spin is ALSO for meta reasons, but there is less non-meta reasoning, which is why he was less likely to be scum to me. Really, I simply believe Knightwing on this one. And seeing as how I think Jim and Roden are w/t, it would go to prove Roden is Town by voting Jim.

I can create a better post later, from my pc, but that should hopefully give a window into my reasoning.

Also, Roden, let's NOT immediately hammer, please. Thank you.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2022, 09:41:55 am »

The thing is Max's claimed action can be verified by the target. Egan, did you get anything from Max?

Also, I have reason to think many people can multi-action at night.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 54