Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: [TOWN WIN] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)  (Read 16623 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Day 3] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)
« Reply #285 on: July 03, 2022, 01:34:26 am »

I'm pretty sure Lidku is the equivalent of a Cult Researcher and submitted himself as the check. It would be a true claim that way. When that check happened, it was still very early in the game and before we decided to have town and cult work together, so it makes sense if he was trying to signal to the rest of the Cult what his alignment was.
*true check result, sorry

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 03, 2022, 01:42:05 am »

Can we... ask Lidku for answers? That seems like the obvious thing to do?

Look, if he's cult, then we just win when he's turned town, right?

We don't have to overcomplicate things.

Lidku.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 03, 2022, 06:56:51 am »

Lidku is a prime candidate for cult refusing to work with town for some reason.

I don’t really know how to work towards the end goal.
One wheel short of a wagon

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 03, 2022, 07:26:22 am »

Lidku

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #289 on: July 03, 2022, 07:49:22 am »

This is going to waste the vote!  :o

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 03, 2022, 07:56:53 am »

This is going to waste the vote!  :o
Technically, I agree. That's why I'm cult vote blocking Jim.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 03, 2022, 07:58:56 am »

It doesn't matter at this point. Too many people have voted for me already.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 03, 2022, 08:05:36 am »

I’ll unvote if someone gives me a proper reason, but you look like the most likely cult convert rn

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 03, 2022, 08:07:07 am »

I'm not Cult at all. I'm a regular open-sourced man.  8)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2022, 08:08:45 am »

I'm not Cult at all. I'm a regular open-sourced man.  8)

Amazing.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9) [END]
« Reply #295 on: July 03, 2022, 09:53:28 am »

Since all the votes are in and there has clearly been plenty of time for last minute actions, I'll go ahead and wind up the day.

The frustrated developers decide to solve the faction problem by deleting Lidku's head and replacing it with a spare town head they found in the back that wasn't being used by anybody. Once that's finished, the town finally agree to upload Earth's source code to a gitlab server on Pluto and make it freely available to everyone. Earth undergoes an era of peaceful prosperity for millennia, until the nuclear DDOS wars.

In the meantime, the new unity of purpose makes the source of all the discord easier to pinpoint; FallacyofUrist, revealed as the serial molester, is banned from Earth and made to live on the moon in a hut with no cat outfits at all.

Town has won.

Jim Groovester was a Town Researcher.
Knightwing64 was a Town Factchecker.
BluarianKnight/FallacyofUrist were the Serial Molester (third-party).
Roden was a Town Sacrifice.
webadict was a Cult Heckler.
Lidku was a Cult Researcher.
NJW2000 was a Town Heckler.
ToonyMan was a Town Brainwasher.
Egan_BW was a Cult Factchecker.

Researchers:
Every day, you can choose one target, including yourself. If you are town, your target's alignment will be announced in the main thread. If you are cult, your target's alignment will be announced to all cult members.
Factcheckers:
Every day, you can choose one target, including yourself. If you are cult, your target's alignment will be wrongly announced in the main thread; your target will be said to be town if he is actually cult and vice versa. If you are town, your target's alignment will be wrongly announced to all cult members.
Sacrifices:
Every day, you can choose one target other than yourself, and choose to either protect or interfere. (Either option can be chosen any number of times.)
When you choose to protect: If you are town, and your target is chosen to be recruited into the cult that day, you will be recruited instead. If you are cult, and your target is chosen to by lynched / converted to town that day, you will be converted instead.
When you choose to interfere: If you are town, and your target is a cultist, your target's cult recruitment vote (if any) will be redirected onto you. If you are cult, your target's daily lynch vote will be redirected onto you.
Hecklers:
Every day, you can choose one target other than yourself. If you are town, and your target is a cultist, your target will be unable to vote for cult recruitment that day. If you are cult, your target will be unable to vote for the daily town lynchconversion.
Brainwashers:
Every day, you can choose one target, including yourself. If you are town, your target cannot be recruited by the cult today. If you are cult, your target cannot be lynchconverted to town the following day.
Once per game, you may choose to convert one target to your alignment. You regain this ability if your alignment changes.
The Serial Molester:
You always appear as town to townies and as cult to cultists. You cannot be converted. You win when the day number exceeds the number of players.
Once per game, you can choose to swap the alignments of a number of targets equal to half the day number, rounded up.
Once per game, you can have your alignment announced as the alignment of your choice, to your choice of the main thread or all cult members.
Once per game, you can redirect the votes of a number of targets equal to half the day number, rounded up, to the target of your choice.

I haven't done anything all game because my ability stops people from voting, which is useless.
I found this funny because NJW2000 had used the same role successfully to block Lidku from using the cult conversion on day 2 when the lynch vote misfired. Roden would have been made cult otherwise; Lidku had voted for ToonyMan, but Roden used his Interfere on Lidku as well.

Overall, this seemed to work better than I feared. I think if I did it again I'd roll Factcheckers and Researchers into one role with the option to lie or tell the truth; this would've given Lidku a little more power to fight back against the inspect. Some kind of extra incentive for cult to try to win as cult would've helped too, although I was pleased that at least one out of three tried. Unfortunately, I can't really gauge the power of the SM since it never DID anything. Hecklers probably were a little underpowered and could have become a full roleblock; I actually planned that originally and then changed my mind so I wouldn't have to worry about actions interfering with each other. Maybe I'd make it make inspects give reversed results just for extra cruelty. Lastly... I don't know why Fallacy didn't bother to use any powers today to stop Lidku's vote; did you really think he was town? It should've been obvious Lidku was lying anyway: I'd never name a role "stand user"! I only have a vague idea that that comes from some anime, and I don't typically do references. As you can see, everybody had nice, dignified role names like "serial molester".

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [TOWN WIN] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)
« Reply #296 on: July 03, 2022, 10:05:06 am »

lol

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 03, 2022, 10:57:40 am »

It's true, Max would never name a role something dirty like Stand User.

Anyway...that was easy! Near perfect town win if we didn't vote Bluarian on D2.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 03, 2022, 11:08:27 am »

There's no reason for the town and cult to oppose each other in this setup since everyone's alignment is freely changeable. If you want the cult and town to actually fight each other, I think you need to introduce actual stake to getting a town or cult victory i.e. players who can't be converted or can't be easily converted, introduce incentives or penalties to players to avoid being converted too many times, and also probably less time.

Otherwise I don't currently understand the point of the setup if all players except the SM make the correct choice to agree to cooperate.

lol

why
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 03, 2022, 11:14:39 am »

I didn't end up posting this during the game, but I was thinking that the hidden Cultist must have been some Super Cult that had to win with Cult. Which would imply there was also a Super Town that had to win with Town, we just happened to side with Town first which would have screwed over the Super Cultist who needed to continue to play to their faction's wincon.

I didn't mention this during the game because I felt it would just add more unnecessary elements.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22