Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: [TOWN WIN] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)  (Read 16609 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: [Day 3] A Horrible Game of Cults, or "Kill Fallacy Yesterday" (9)
« Reply #210 on: July 02, 2022, 02:19:39 pm »

Who's still Cult? Anybody get converted at end of yesterday?

I don't think there is any Cult left.

But the game isn't over.

There’s still the SM

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 02, 2022, 02:21:15 pm »

Please don't kill me yesterday.

I'll do a reread of the game thus far. It's only 15 pages, it shouldn't take that long.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 02, 2022, 02:34:15 pm »

... I don't think Blu ever posted after game start? Not once.

Welp.

As much as there's a bunch of stupid bullshit going on with everyone's roles, it does seem pretty clear that all we have to do to achieve an everyone-but-third-party victory is get everyone to be either Town or Cult, right? And we're aiming for a Town 8-person win, right? The third party player is the Real Villain.

Alright, that part's simple enough.

Yeah, this is the big question now. Who's left to be converted to Town? Show of hands, everyone?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 02, 2022, 02:53:03 pm »

Were you cult on Day 1 and Day 2?

Also what's your role?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2022, 03:25:56 pm »

There’s still the SM

So what? Town unity would end the game right now.

The SM is fucking with us. Does this mean we have a Cult player right now who doesn't know they're Cult? This is likely why the inspections exist.

I targeted Webadict yesterday so they should still be Town today unless they're SM.

Yeah, this is the big question now. Who's left to be converted to Town? Show of hands, everyone?
You are either being ignorant because you haven't read the thread yet, or your response here is very bad. You need to tell us what you are, right now.

DID YOU START THIS GAME AS CULT? Y/N

WHAT IS YOUR ROLE NAME?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2022, 03:33:02 pm »

I'm still town as far as I know. I suppose I could use my power to find out for sure.

Lidku apparently not knowing what Cult Stand User does is suspicious to me, so far every role knows what it does as both sides.

The apparent existence of unclaimed cult is confusing to me. Do you not want to win?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #216 on: July 02, 2022, 03:36:46 pm »

I initially got confused in reading the explanation of my Role, that's my fault on my end. Both the Town and Cult Stand User have symmetric abilities like everyone else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 02, 2022, 03:44:11 pm »

I’m still town, as far as I know. I think that the SM could probably convert people to their 3rd party or something and that’s why the game hasn’t ended

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 02, 2022, 03:56:36 pm »

Still town as far as I'm aware. I can inspect somebody publicly which should verify my alignment.

You are either being ignorant because you haven't read the thread yet, or your response here is very bad. You need to tell us what you are, right now.

Man wouldn't that be something if one always scum player is replaced by another always scum player lmao

In any case we just voted BK/FoU so I'm not sure what we're supposed to do to apply pressure.

I initially got confused in reading the explanation of my Role, that's my fault on my end. Both the Town and Cult Stand User have symmetric abilities like everyone else.

'i dont know what a Cult Stand-User does'
'uhh actually i do know i just misunderstood it'

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 02, 2022, 04:01:43 pm »

DID YOU START THIS GAME AS CULT? Y/N

WHAT IS YOUR ROLE NAME?
Were you cult on Day 1 and Day 2?

Also what's your role?

Right.

Started the game as cult, and I'm a Broadcaster. Once per game I can announce my current alignment - publicly if I'm Town and to all cult members if I'm cult.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 02, 2022, 04:05:33 pm »

If it needs to be said, I am presently Town. I mean that ought to be obvious after Blu was voted on Day 2, but I guess things are uncertain enough overall that it's worth communicating.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 02, 2022, 04:15:09 pm »

Once per game and only on yourself? That seems pretty weak considering that Factchecker and presumably also Researcher can self-target.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 02, 2022, 04:16:58 pm »

There’s still the SM

So what? Town unity would end the game right now.

The SM is fucking with us. Does this mean we have a Cult player right now who doesn't know they're Cult? This is likely why the inspections exist.

I targeted Webadict yesterday so they should still be Town today unless they're SM.
I haven't done anything all game because my ability stops people from voting, which is useless.

I haven't received any information since I was converted by the Town.

I don't know what's happening, and I'm just voting people because there's not really much point in putting in brain power for a game that has an indeterminable end goal.

BLEH BLEH bLEH BLEH EGLEMHRBLEKRMGWLKEFMAWKEE wqkfn wqekfln mqw3oipFM @#!$PO$FM #!@$OPFm 134of[p k1324pto[km134hg[po m1355hp[oglm314 g;L134mg4y P!#

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #223 on: July 02, 2022, 04:23:22 pm »

If it needs to be said, I am presently Town. I mean that ought to be obvious after Blu was voted on Day 2, but I guess things are uncertain enough overall that it's worth communicating.

Can you explain what you mean by "presently"? Are you inferring that you are indeed Cult, but you're deciding to work with Town? Or did you somehow become Town by some unknown means? Because we voted for BluarianKnight the previous Day and you've just joined. We could not have made a vote to deconvert you yet, if you are for sure Cult.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2022, 04:30:52 pm »

You didn't mention anything but did anything happen during Day 2 for you?

BLEH BLEH bLEH BLEH EGLEMHRBLEKRMGWLKEFMAWKEE wqkfn wqekfln mqw3oipFM @#!$PO$FM #!@$OPFm 134of[p k1324pto[km134hg[po m1355hp[oglm314 g;L134mg4y P!#

Yeah!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22