Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 36794 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 2 - United Or Divided?
« Reply #450 on: May 18, 2022, 05:47:06 pm »

NQT, I believe today may have revealed the Onyx team is Jack/Roden and either Egan or Max. Most likely Egan.
Lol, fucking WHAT?!
Yes, bask in my glory. Have your brain CONFOUNDED. I know you've learned nothing so I will teach you in this game.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 18, 2022, 06:01:54 pm »

NQT, I believe today may have revealed the Onyx team is Jack/Roden and either Egan or Max. Most likely Egan.
Lol, fucking WHAT?!
Yes, bask in my glory. Have your brain CONFOUNDED. I know you've learned nothing so I will teach you in this game.
Please Instruct Us, Teacher-san!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 18, 2022, 06:25:50 pm »

No offense to Most Honorable Imperial Candidate Notquitethere, but reviewing Toonyman's post reveals that if (yes if) Toonyman is scum, he could very well be on a scum team with NQT.  Note how NQT & Toonyman has supported one another the entire game.

I can also see how Toonyman has been quite helpful and solvey during the game, and thus how many could see Toonyman as town due to that.  In fact, I'm reassessing Toonyman myself due to that behavior.  But, I also believe Toonyman quite capable of faking that behavior as scum.

Inspired the Champs game, I'm going to take a whirl at an ISO on Toonyman.  I'm sure it isn't going to be very good, but hey, that is how you get better!

Final note: As I am not seeking a nomination, but instead will inspire to vote a worthy Jade candidate to Emperor, I really don't care if I look scummy other than it makes me less persuasive when trying to sway the votes of others towards a worthy Jade candidate for Emperor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 18, 2022, 06:59:51 pm »

Toony, pick two more candidates that don't include you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 18, 2022, 08:13:40 pm »

No offense to Most Honorable Imperial Candidate Notquitethere, but reviewing Toonyman's post reveals that if (yes if) Toonyman is scum, he could very well be on a scum team with NQT.  Note how NQT & Toonyman has supported one another the entire game.
Unlikely. You cannot claim I'm desperately jockeying for a D2 candidacy in one breath and then say I'm possibly partners with NQT in the other, unless you want to argue I'm that much of a tryhard, which again I was never "jockeying" in the first place.

An ISO of me would be interesting though. I should be more clear of my suspicions of you and Roden I think, to convince others.

Reina is absent, so Knightwing and Jim.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 18, 2022, 08:41:10 pm »

Unlikely. You cannot claim I'm desperately jockeying for a D2 candidacy in one breath and then say I'm possibly partners with NQT in the other, unless you want to argue I'm that much of a tryhard, which again I was never "jockeying" in the first place.

An ISO of me would be interesting though. I should be more clear of my suspicions of you and Roden I think, to convince others.

Reina is absent, so Knightwing and Jim.

WTF? It'll make sense after you read the ISO

Whom Does Toonyman Want as Emperor? A Toonyman ISO

First, the joke about Jim being King again.

Then a vote for NQT which sticks for the entire day I think.

I think anybody who plays humble is probably scum. Although the fact you're aware of this makes it moot if you're scum so whatever. But at the same time, would you say this out loud in the first place if you were mafia? It's something to think about for sure.

So, what's the strategy in this setup? Do we prefer to find scum or figure out confirmed town?
If we can fully trust one player as town then I don't see how we could actually lose.

Maximum Spin
Egan_BW
reina

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cold of you to exclude notquitethere like that.
Oh, I can make it even better. We're not voting any one of the three of you! Ever! Thank me later.

ToonyMan - Jade
NQT - obviously Jade
Jim - probably Jade
Webadict - probably Jade

Knightwing - ???
Roden - ???
Jack - ???

Maximum - likely Onyx
Egan - likely Onyx
reina - likely Onyx

are you seriously scumreading me because I got to the thread later than nqt
That does seem unfair.

Okay, you're the least suspicious of the three. But still not a good nominee.

Toony then starts townreading Knightwing

Webadict is probably town too. I'm more sure of this then Jim or NQT or Jack right now. They seem genuinely willing to vote me as a nominee, which only works as a motive if they know they can get a Cabal member nominated.

Jim seems extremely goofy and I feel like they're town. I was right about this when they were posting in ALL CAPS for SBYOR2.

NQT is a ghost, but a ghost we must elect.

Jack's opener is very sterile and NAI. I can't tell either way right now. They're pointing things out and solving, but I don't see any big clears. Cautionarily precautious for the time being.

But we need one member of the Onyx Cabal in the final election if we're going to elect an Emperor, otherwise we get the Jade Council ending which is lame.
Personally, I agree. Having the game go to a Phase 2 is much more interesting. But this does play against my wincon and I'm not striving for it.

I have a question even though I already know the answer: Do you really believe NQT is a Jade loyalist?

Toony accepting a nomination from Web, and insisting it's "serious".

Ppe: Egan, tell me what scum's strategy most likely will be
Voting cabal for emperor and not court?
Sounds legit
This is some big brain shit.

Votes Unused (1): Knightwing64
Knightwing, why aren't you voting??
On a continued think, I find this very interesting. Why hasn't Knightwing voted yet? They've been around and posting. I'm fairly sure they would have voted now, even themselves, but they haven't. Is this reservation because they don't know who to follow? But they also haven't voted themselves, maybe because they aren't confident they could win a nomination?

What are you thinking Knightwing?
So here, Toonyman seems to be encouraging Knightwing to run for a nomination. Important since Toonyman is currently promoting/voting Knightwing.

@Reina:
I still support NQT.

How about we propose councils?

I'm most comfortable with myself, NQT, Knightwing.
I tend to believe that Toonyman has in fact been jockying for himself, NQT & Knightwing for the entire game, and everything else has been to secure that specific council.

Toonyman latching onto the theory that Roden can't be nominated.

I'm not comfortable with Jack, but I could support Reina. They keep pushing themselves with work and effort but have seen no outside support (until now I suppose). This means they're either town or scum completely flying solo.
Hm, so Reina was a compromise.  We really can't know since Reina disappeared and became unviable.

Jim Groovester (and ToonyMan?) might actually be in a sect that requires a Jade Emperor (Or rather, requires a vote on Day 4 to win, since that's the less alignment specific one.)
That's crazy talk.

Toony's analysis of Day 1 Proposed Councils, noting he was tied with Reina & Roden in what he labelled "second tier"

Insightful stuff

I'm thinking it was done to intentionally reset the shorten votes in order to drag out the day and build apathy.
It's working.

Bargaining??

Unlike Jim and Max I'm okay with Reina in the council, but I'll only concede my vote to them if I have no chance at the nomination tomorrow.

Yep. You're the only one I'd be willing to bargain with because I know you'd be willing to give up your seat if you saw someone Townier available, even if you vocally disagree with that statement.
I would argue that doesn't make any sense, but I did give up my seat for NQT today.

and Knightwing could be scum, but he could also be extremely confused, but I can't say for sure which is which.
For the record, I think Knightwing is probably town. He could just be hiding it better after last time, but given my current field of candidates, it's somewhat less likely that he's being coached, so I'm just going to stick with the simpler option for now.
Given the previous game I weigh this opinion rather heavily.

This post is a copy from between D1 and D2 that I made by accident:

@Toony & Web: How exactly are Jim and I not on the same team? I'm not seeing it. Please explain, as I would like to see it.
What I mean is that I don't think you're both mafia. I feel like the grievances Jim is showing of you is very natural. He mocks you here. He implies you're Onyx here. He supports Roden's caution of you here. This reasons you're both town or only one of you is scum.

Toony, I think, just wants to be nominated. Look at how Toony clears away anyone that might possibly get nominated.
What do you mean? I would like to be nominated, but I'm not shutting down players I think are town.

Haaaaaa, who do I support: Reina or Roden?

(anybody notice something odd with the D1 vote count?)

I think Reina is the right pick between the two, for various reasons...

Knightwing, what do you think about Reina?

I feel like Reina has vocal detractors (it's not just Jim), while Roden does not. Is there anybody that's vehemently against Roden?

I'm not feeling inspired by the Roden/reina dichotomy. Toony is Jade to the bone, I want him on the council.
Nah, Roden. Toony is a D3 candidate, never earlier.
Why?

Thank you NQT, Jack, and Knightwing for the support. I will nominate myself for today. ToonyMan. This should force extreme action by the Onyx team, which will make the debate between Reina and Roden more clear.
Hm, maybe?
Funny how Toony never figures this as MY reason for voting him...

Do you believe this candidacy is unnatural?

How is this wrong when players are divided between Reina and Roden? Nobody felt like answering my questions about Roden and Reina has been on but has not posted. In fact, almost everyone is in agreement about Roden (like with NQT), but Roden's candidacy is nowhere near the same as NQT's, why?

Is the value of me being possibly elected on D3 that much greater than Reina or Roden possibly being elected on D3? I would think it would be more telling to have the divided election on a more important day.
YES YES YES, I DO believe this candidacy is unnatural!

I can see the pendulum swinging from Reina to Roden, and I would rather vote myself than Roden.

But Roden/Reina leaves the door open for scum to slip their preferred candidate onto the docket.
You really think so? You really think someone other than Roden or Reina will be nominated?

I'm apprehensive about Roden, call it hedging my bets. Roden has near universal support, including the D1 nominee NQT. I was probably going to vote Reina after people posted on D2, but players showed support for me while at the same time the Reina detractors had made Roden a favorite between the two. I have middling town reads of both players, so I know it's difficult. I'm mainly observing the difference in opinion players have between the two.
Is this post honest?

Knightwing
I approve of this. It will also make Webadict bitch like crazy while quoting novels and make me a hypocrite wrt Jack.

Knightwing.

I have a much better read of Knightwing compared to Reina or Roden so I'm more comfortable with the candidacy.

PPE:
So Toonyman, why are you so eager for the Day 2 nomination?
I don't care.

If you're interested:

Reads

NQT
Knightwing
Webadict
Reina
Jim
Roden
Jack
Max
Egan

Or maybe Roden's scum game has gotten lots better.  Like Roden climbed a mountain and meditated with a Mafia Guru for a couple weeks better.
You really stick up for Roden. I could be wrong about Max, in which case I do not want you, Roden, or Egan elected.

It's only reina or Roden for me.
Can everyone give their top2 now?

I'm willing to vote Reina or Knightwing.

Damn, fuck you too then. If you don’t want to nominate me, just say so. You don’t have to be such a asshole about it. Jeez
Nothing personal, kid. I just see you here posting things that aren't relevant, so that makes you scummy scummy scum scum.
I don't value your opinion of Knightwing.

@Jim:
I don't know what's going on with Reina being away, however:

1. Egan is likely Onyx.
2. Egan and Reina are likely not on the same team. (I explain why at the end of D1)

Although it's true that it's hard to support a vacant candidate.

@Jim:
I don't know what's going on with Reina being away, however:

1. Egan is likely Onyx.
2. Egan and Reina are likely not on the same team. (I explain why at the end of D1)

Although it's true that it's hard to support a vacant candidate.
I couldn't find it, link please?
I'm phone posting, sorry.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=179819.msg8374104#msg8374104
I actually still don't understand what Toonyman is talking about here. Please explain Toonyman.

I think it's weirder that Toony started pushing more for a Reina nomination after Web switched from her and voted me, and that Toony wants Knightwing nominated at all.
I seem to recall voting for myself after three players showed me support, during Reina"s absence and continued absence.

Toony, do you think you'd be better as an elector than a candidate?
Depends how many people trust me. Unlike Jack and Max I have no powers to contribute on a potential D4. If not enough people trust me then I can prove my worth through my own skills. If a Day 4 doesn't occur then it's no skin off my back, but I would like to know from the Onyx Cabal what went wrong for them.

If not enough people trust me then I can prove my worth through my own skills.
What I mean by this is that if people don't think I'm town enough for the council I can at least do my best to pick an Emperor should a D4 occur.

How can we oppose the late Emperor's nephew?
That being Maximum Spin, by the way.

Proposed Scum Team:
Egan_BW, reina, ToonyMan
Current theory on scum team: Toony is basically running solo, as both reina & Egan_BW have abandoned the game

I mean, just look at how ToonyMan has jockeyed the vote to get himself elected.  I think he'd prefer reina, yet he knows reina disappeared from probably the scumchat as well as this thread.  So he's scrambling to try to get himself elected as the only viable member of the scumteam.
...How am I pushing for myself? I've explained why I voted for myself today: players were nominating Roden instead of Reina while at the same time three other players had voted for me in succession (INCLUDING YOU). You keep saying this over and over again when it isn't true.

Your proposed scum team implies I got the scum shit stick again, in which case why have I been in a good mood for most of this game?

I find you suspicious, there are multiple reasons I can immediately think of from playing and observing:

1. The way you voted me between NQT and Knightwing and then "slipped the rug" from under my feet while going "gotcha" is suspicious.
2. Something very similar happened to Jim on D1 with you and Egan voting him.
3. The way you keep pushing for Roden (on D1 and D2[2]) is suspicious.

I was hoping NQT could grace Jim's request here, but the activity has been low D2 from some players. I'm going to have to pull up my pants and do my own analysis, although I would still like to hear from players such as EGANIAMLOST, and NOTQUITEAROUND, and WHEREREINA.
(too good not to quote)

Why don't you share why you think Egan is Onyx?

1. They're not cooperative when being inquired:
I don't support myself, fuck that guy. My council is Meph, Fal, and Mamobo.

2. They voted for Web end of D1:
Uhh, Webadict then. It's not gonna win the vote but whatever. Also Shorten.

3. They haven't posted at all for D2! They're literally on right now. I don't want to be a downer, so I'm not holding any grievances if you want to post something Egan.

Reina hasn't posted at all for D2 either, so that is a fair argument and the biggest reason I haven't voted for them.

PPE:
I think it's weirder that Toony started pushing more for a Reina nomination after Web switched from her and voted me, and that Toony wants Knightwing nominated at all.
I seem to recall voting for myself after three players showed me support, during Reina"s absence and continued absence.
Are you denying that you've been pushing for a Reina nomination?
I haven't voted for them today, but yes I was planning on voting Reina today and was likely going to push for their nomination if they were around. But they haven't been around, so that's why I voted myself and then Knightwing.

Also...Knightwing? Why do you want him nominated?
Because he's my second highest town read after NQT, maybe even higher now.

I'm mixed at the beginning.
I get a townread here.
Me mumbling to myself, I'm internally questioning whether mafia!Knightwing plays like this and I come to the conclusion that no, he doesn't.
Max townreads Knightwing, which I weigh heavily.
(Webadict also scumreads Knightwing, which I weigh oppositely.)

In conclusion it's a very strong townread.

So, overall ToonyMan seems to campaigning to get NQT, Knightwing, and himself nominated, because as he so eloquently stated, "If we can fully trust one player as town then I don't see how we could actually lose." And in addition, I think his self-promotion has aligned with his theory that "I think anybody who plays humble is probably scum."

But he refuses to admit that is the game he is playing.  To me, there is something artificial about the way Toonyman has been acting.  Like instead of being a Town player following a Town strategy, he is instead an Onyx player following a Town strategy.
...then again, Toonyman IS a political candidate, so maybe he's intentionally being slimy to better fit the part?

Also, if Toony is scum, there is maybe a 50/50 chance it is with NQT.  They've been supporting each other all game (it's two directional).  But I don't really need to ISO NQT until day 4, a day that might not come if NQT is town, so...pass on reading NQT's alignment.
(conclusion written before reading the top quote from Toony, followed by the WTF?)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 18, 2022, 08:43:07 pm »

My apologies, now that I can see it translated into the forum, it's still too long and too quote-y.  But it's hard to see what it's going to look like while typing it out.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 18, 2022, 08:52:10 pm »

Since I'm still a n00b at ISO writing, and I know it needs work, I'd welcome constructive criticism.
*EJ assumes the fetal position*

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 18, 2022, 08:54:35 pm »

The arguments and debates continued, but not much seemed to change. It seemed somehow the gathered Court had hardly shifted their positions at all. The servants were ordered to bring freshly brewed arbloom tea for the sake of the sleeping, who had yet to contribute their votes or insights.

Quote from: The Nominated
  • notquitethere
Quote from: Votecount
EuchreJack - 0
Maximum Spin - 0
Roden - 4: Jim Groovester, Roden, webadict, EuchreJack
Jim Groovester - 0
Egan_BW - 0
Knightwing64 - 2: notquitethere, ToonyMan
webadict - 0
reina - 0
ToonyMan - 1: Knightwing64

Votes Unused (3): Maximum Spin, Egan_BW, reina

Day 2 will end at 8 PM Central time, Thursday the 19th - approximately 24 hours from now.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 18, 2022, 09:09:21 pm »

Since I'm still a n00b at ISO writing, and I know it needs work, I'd welcome constructive criticism.
*EJ assumes the fetal position*
Fully constructive feedback:

I wouldn't include quotes you aren't responding to, it'll make it more concise and easier to look at. You could put them in a spoiler, or personally my favorite is creating a hyperlink to the post in question. Also maybe don't include lines where you're just summarizing. Unless you think it's relevant to a later passage. I'm really proud of my ISOs of Jim/Bluarian/NQT at the end of Roguelike Mafia 7 as an example. Although that was me on a full-time "working from home" schedule.

Your end results need to be more assertive. The summary is nice, but it reads more like "Results: Inconclusive".

I'm phone posting, sorry.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=179819.msg8374104#msg8374104
I actually still don't understand what Toonyman is talking about here. Please explain Toonyman.

Here:
Personally, I think Scenario #2 or #3 is most likely. Scenario #1 is too blatant, it's unlikely that Reina and Egan are both mafia. It comes down to whether NQT is town or not, and he probably is.

Speaking of work, I'm kind of swamped with a project this week so I'm not confident I can give a detailed explanation tonight of why I believe Jack and Roden are scum. I will try to at least have something tomorrow when I'm on a computer that doesn't block bay12forums...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 18, 2022, 09:17:16 pm »

...but "Results: Inconclusive" is accurate.  :'(

So my concern is that usually when I'm unsure of Toonyman's alignment, it is because Toonyman is scum.
In other words, I can usually townread Toonyman quite well, but I have difficulties scumreading Toonyman.

@Toonyman: What is your read on Web?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 18, 2022, 09:46:54 pm »

Personally, I think Scenario #2 or #3 is most likely. Scenario #1 is too blatant, it's unlikely that Reina and Egan are both mafia. It comes down to whether NQT is town or not, and he probably is.

Speaking of work, I'm kind of swamped with a project this week so I'm not confident I can give a detailed explanation tonight of why I believe Jack and Roden are scum. I will try to at least have something tomorrow when I'm on a computer that doesn't block bay12forums...
My personal take on this is purely written in expletives if you somehow think Euchre AND Roden are scum. No fucking way.

@Fallacy: Can we get a poke on reina and Egan_BW? Having missing players only hurts us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 18, 2022, 09:57:57 pm »

While I personally find Toonyman's excuse of being unable to post more extensively due to work to be highly credible, since it reflects my own life experience, I can't help but say the following:

Toonyman Beats out Real Candidates by Breaking Promises BEFORE Election Day!

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 18, 2022, 11:26:34 pm »

Also...Knightwing? Why do you want him nominated?
Because he's my second highest town read after NQT, maybe even higher now.

I'm mixed at the beginning.
I get a townread here.
Me mumbling to myself, I'm internally questioning whether mafia!Knightwing plays like this and I come to the conclusion that no, he doesn't.
Max townreads Knightwing, which I weigh heavily.
(Webadict also scumreads Knightwing, which I weigh oppositely.)

In conclusion it's a very strong townread.
I town read him too but that doesn't really matter, I don't see him getting elected over NQT. I'd only vote him in on Day 3 if I felt confident the other two nominations were obviously town so that we could get a perfect town victory and skip Day 4.

What??

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 18, 2022, 11:36:59 pm »

Toony's doing that scum thing again where he scrambles to change the status quo near the end of the day phase so that people panic and change up their vote without thinking it through.

Toony why did you wait until now to scum read me? Your reads in general seemed to line up with what other people were thinking, but now have taken a sharp turn with little explanation for it.

I'm wondering at this point if you want Knightwing nominated just because you know he's unlikely to amass votes in the election. If a Cabal member gets nominated, that's one less person to have to compete with for votes on Day 4.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38