Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 36906 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 2 - United Or Divided?
« Reply #405 on: May 18, 2022, 12:01:42 am »

@Jim:
I don't know what's going on with Reina being away, however:

1. Egan is likely Onyx.
2. Egan and Reina are likely not on the same team. (I explain why at the end of D1)

Although it's true that it's hard to support a vacant candidate.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 18, 2022, 12:10:43 am »

@Jim:

1. Egan is likely Onyx.
2. Egan and Reina are likely not on the same team. (I explain why at the end of D1)

I couldn't find it, link please?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 18, 2022, 12:12:17 am »

@Jim:

1. Egan is likely Onyx.

I couldn't find it, link please?
I'm phone posting, sorry.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=179819.msg8374104#msg8374104

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 18, 2022, 01:16:16 am »

Why don't you share why you think Egan is Onyx?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 18, 2022, 01:25:02 am »

All right. I'm feeling activated right now. I'm in this again for the first time. So let me put it like this: If Egan is Onyx, we can end the game right now, town victory.

I'll explain why in a little bit, when I come back.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2022, 01:36:56 am »

Egan's disappearing, lack of support, and throwing a wrench into end of day 1 sort of indicate Egan is scum.  But then again, maybe they just got bored.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2022, 02:27:55 am »

All right. I'm feeling activated right now. I'm in this again for the first time. So let me put it like this: If Egan is Onyx, we can end the game right now, town victory.

I'll explain why in a little bit, when I come back.
Really? I got nothing for that? Maybe you don't deserve the explanation!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2022, 02:47:32 am »

Hey, don't work yourself up over it. I'm intrigued.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2022, 02:54:18 am »

But also screw you for playing like you're too cool for school all the time and then expecting everybody to hang at your every word at the drop of a hat when you actually do want to give a crap.

Especially when it's the middle of the night.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2022, 02:58:49 am »

Hey, don't work yourself up over it. I'm intrigued.
At least someone is! :P

Okay, here's the story.
I like to think I'm a pretty perceptive guy. Sure, I've made some mistakes, but on balance, more of my mistakes come from not trusting my gut than from trusting it. So I like to think I'm a pretty perceptive guy, and I think I've come to know Egan fairly well.
We don't have much in common in terms of... general life outlook, but he seems a decent fellow, and I hate to kill him. The most relevant thing to know about Egan, and this isn't flattering, but I've got to be blunt: he's kind of a sore loser.
Well, "sore" might not be the right word. He doesn't necessarily get angry, but when he decides he's not having fun anymore, such as because things aren't going his way, he pretty much tends to disengage immediately and (I assume) finds something else to do. Or maybe sits and stares at the wall, I dunno, I'm not his keeper.

Second most relevantly, Egan seems to love messing with people. (This is one of the few things we have in common.) If Egan were Onyx, and notquitethere were Onyx and made it to the first nomination with a unanimous vote, he'd be here loving every minute of it. If Egan is Onyx, he got bored and left because he sees no possible path to victory.

Therefore, if you believe Egan is Onyx, then we can all agree, right here and now, to skip to the end and declare notquitethere the Emperor. With Egan not paying attention, the only other person who should have any business opposing it is the third scum partner. Therefore, there's no reason to play out the rest of the days; we might as well call it here and force Fallacy to go along with it.

But, sadly, I don't think Egan is Onyx. (Which doesn't mean notquitethere isn't Jade - that would be denying the antecedent.) I think Egan probably disengaged for a reason I can hardly disagree with since I've been feeling much the same way: that he is actually Jade, but was scapegoated early on by the Dream Team and now sees no point trying to convince anyone of anything.

Here's an extra exercise. When ToonyMan and webadict don't fight, it is written, that means one or the other of them is scum. What does it mean when they only play-fight while seemingly agreeing on everything important?

But also screw you for playing like you're too cool for school all the time and then expecting everybody to hang at your every word at the drop of a hat when you actually do want to give a crap.

Wow, I was only kidding around. I just wanted some reactions to gauge.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2022, 03:07:07 am »

Wow, I was only kidding around. I just wanted some reactions to gauge.
Also, you don't see how hard I've been trying to get my head into this this whole time. Not always successfully, yeah, but don't act like I've been breezily disdaining everything when I've been bored out of my mind forcing myself to pay attention.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 18, 2022, 03:20:41 am »

Don't take my comment for the serious criticism it is was not intended to be.

But, sadly, I don't think Egan is Onyx. (Which doesn't mean notquitethere isn't Jade - that would be denying the antecedent.) I think Egan probably disengaged for a reason I can hardly disagree with since I've been feeling much the same way: that he is actually Jade, but was scapegoated early on by the Dream Team and now sees no point trying to convince anyone of anything.

Here's an extra exercise. When ToonyMan and webadict don't fight, it is written, that means one or the other of them is scum. What does it mean when they only play-fight while seemingly agreeing on everything important?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Are you still opposed to reina for roughly the same reasons I am?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 18, 2022, 03:22:55 am »

Are you still opposed to reina for roughly the same reasons I am?

I know you expressed opposition to reina previously but maybe it wasn't for the same reasons I have.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 18, 2022, 03:25:54 am »

I don't really know what your reasons are.
I'm still opposed, though. I think that's #3. Go back and take a look at the first handful of posts... big turnaround for that to be the thing they're now agreeing/bargaining about, right?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 18, 2022, 03:47:45 am »

Or maybe Roden's scum game has gotten lots better.  Like Roden climbed a mountain and meditated with a Mafia Guru for a couple weeks better.
You really stick up for Roden. I could be wrong about Max, in which case I do not want you, Roden, or Egan elected.
It's only reina or Roden for me. I will accept no other substitutes. And Knightwing is at the bottom of the trash heap because it dilutes the nomination pool, so I'll say no with a side of fuck no.

Technically, I'd also vote for Jack, but that's not likely to be an option.

Damn, fuck you too then. If you don’t want to nominate me, just say so. You don’t have to be such a asshole about it. Jeez
...sadly, that is how you know Web is probably town.  Mafia!Web wouldn't care so much.

Also...while my being elected Emperor would be ideal, I refuse to be nominated if I am unlikely to win the Election.  I'm not keen to give up my vote for possible mafia to win.
I agree with the meta read on Web. That actually somewhat eases my concerns with him.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38