Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 131334 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support
« Reply #1260 on: September 20, 2022, 11:08:01 am »

Hey, let's ignorantly speculate on what he'll say. My guess:
- we've liberated the Donbas!
- the Donbas gets to vote on joining join Mother Russia.
- oh, look! Donbas is under attack. Ergo, Russia is being invaded.
- in the face of an invasion by nazi Ukrainians we need to mobilise.
- some of you may die, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Also

- We are, in fact, at war with NATO not with Ukraine
- Ukraine is using terrorist tactics
- We defeated Hitler we can defeat those new Western Fascists!

Remember those are rumors, he may not address Russians today... But considering how quickly they move with referendums (all of them will be held on this weekend, with voting via the internet included :D) and how new laws were adopted in a day... I expect Russian mobilization really soon.

And this means that we, Ukrainians, completed the lvl1. Russian standing army is defeated! Now lvl2, a zerg rush! Or maybe we'll skip few levels and go straight to nukes.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 11:17:20 am by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: September 20, 2022, 12:12:41 pm »

So, in all of occupied regions, local collaborators announced "referendums" for joining Russia + Russia's State Duma adopted amendments to Penal code on desertions, mobilisation, martial law, war time, surrendering as a POW*

So, I think there will be martial law and mobilization in Russia to protect Russian territory against Ukrainian invasion + possibly WMD.

*surrounded and surrendered to avoid pointless death = up to 10 years of prison :D When you worship Stalin, you get Stalin's laws sooner or later

Definitely them going "Oh shit, Ukraine might win this if we don't mobilise"
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 20, 2022, 01:12:43 pm »

More than 1 hour late *yawns*

It will be funny if instead of Putin we'll get some Russian general announcing a coup
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: September 20, 2022, 02:39:36 pm »

As far as I'm aware there's still nothing, but there's laws about mobilisation and stuff going through.

This will be interesting. Russia's not got an issue of numbers, it's their logistics, equipment and morale that are causing problems. By chucking poorly trained soldiers into the meat grinder they're just gonna get more people killed, which will destroy their already poor morale (Especially since they look like they'll be conscripts) and possibly devastate their current young generation if they're slaughtered en masse.

As ever, the old men agree to send the young men to their death.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: September 20, 2022, 02:51:01 pm »

Earlier today, Russian state media channels First Channel and RT showed announcements that Putin was going to give a speech at 19:00 Russian time. It was then changed to 20:00. Then the announcements disappeared. It is unclear why, but it looks like there is not going to be any speech today.
On Twitter, RT's chief editor posted 'go to bed'. https://twitter.com/M_Simonyan/status/1572304744831483905
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 21, 2022, 01:41:45 am »

Putin announced partial mobilization in Russia...

Common! It is half-measures. No full mobilization... No martial law in all of Russia. BORING! My hopes are ruined

_______
Shoigu also had a speech. I can summarize it is 1) Russia lost ~6K KIA, Ukraine lost ~60K KIA, this is why we are mobilizing additional 300K men
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 02:08:48 am by Strongpoint »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: September 21, 2022, 01:56:00 am »

Neither fish nor fowl. Sounds like it'll annoy/inconvenience just about everyone involved or otherwise with a vested interest.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 21, 2022, 03:05:16 am »

It will be funny if instead of Putin we'll get some Russian general announcing a coup
Are there even any generals left to do that?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: September 21, 2022, 03:23:34 am »

Putin accused the West of wanting to destroy Russia in his speech, and of nuclear blackmail.
He said he is willing to use 'all means at our disposal', and that he has 'very much weapons to respond' if the West threatens Russia.
He added that he is not bluffing.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 21, 2022, 03:52:47 am »

'Come on, guys! I'm not bluffing. Come on. Guys?'

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: September 21, 2022, 04:20:34 am »

Russian liberal opposition calls for peaceful(!!!) anti-mobilization protests today.

It looks like a very convenient way to gather young men in one place to accelerate the mobilization

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 21, 2022, 05:51:52 am »

Russian liberal opposition calls for peaceful(!!!) anti-mobilization protests today.

It looks like a very convenient way to gather young men in one place to accelerate the mobilization

If that is their strategy the morale of their new troops might become an issue

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 21, 2022, 06:14:41 am »

If that is their strategy the morale of their new troops might become an issue

Bringing "patriots" in won't be much better. The difference between Germans in the 1930s and Russians in the 2020s is that Germany had millions ready to risk their lives for their great nation and new living space. Russia simply doesn't have that, the majority of Russians who support the war, value their own lives more than anything.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 21, 2022, 07:12:17 am »

Liberals being useless as always. They have good intentions but like. Yea.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 21, 2022, 07:46:37 am »

218K people signed a petition against mobilization on change.org. I can't... LOL
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 167