Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54069 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #555 on: March 28, 2022, 07:35:20 pm »

Ok, but I'm still gonna Vig there.

ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE TO?
I mean, who else is there to target?

Tric is obvtown. Jack is obvtown. Max claimed Cop. Toony got inno'd. NQT is getting launched into orbit. And I assume you don't want to get Vig'd.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 28, 2022, 11:18:43 pm »

Sigh, this game doesn't make sense to me if 4mask is town. Like, at all, but I guess I'll listen to Jim.

I feel bad for NQT, they're big posting but they're in a tough replacement spot that I've been before myself historically. I think their analysis posts sound really robotic and fake, but I know they spent at least an hour or two on them.

Roden is absolutely convinced they can vig someone tonight if they aren't blocked and I believe they definitely can, which implies heavily they're town.

NQT and Max being mafia together makes absolutely no sense to me, but it's where everything points to for me if 4mask is town. Web confirmed this game has 2 guilty parties, however simple it is not.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 28, 2022, 11:33:36 pm »

To note: I believe strongly that 4mask tried to kill someone last night, they used their other action to give Jim the Vector item. This could be because 4mask is partners with Jim, although I much prefer 4mask's demise first in any case.

You could just as well speculate that Jack is partners with Max, and Jack tried to kill last night. I think the only players that were likely killers last night would be 4mask or Jack. However, I believe 4mask being mafia fits better than Jack being mafia. If we lynched 4mask this would make things simple, because Roden could shoot Jack if 4mask is town, but Jim doesn't want simple.

Roden, I strongly encourage shooting 4mask tonight if we're not voting them off. I think they're the best vig shot by a mile, who else does Roden shoot if we lynch NQT?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 29, 2022, 04:58:45 am »

I can't believe people are taking Roden's claim at face value. As if one-shot double killer mafia were impossible or a million things which could be claimed to block or redirect. Toony and Jim's claimed powers even could disrupt a vig. But sure, I would like to see it! Because I don't believe it for one instance.

Maximum Spin do you really think Roden is town in this spot? He's buddying you hard here.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 29, 2022, 05:15:19 am »

I can't believe NQT starts all their posts with "I can't believe.."  :P

Note: I tracked Maximum Spin visiting Toonyman.  That is all the information that I have on Max.  I have no way of knowing if Max performed a Cop inspection, or something else.  Mafia also know who are all the town players, so they can fake cop.

HOWEVER, nobody has counter claimed Cop in any way shape or form.  We also have allegedly three millers.  So I'm inclined to think Max is our Town Cop.

@Max: Why did you investigate Toonyman?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 29, 2022, 07:49:07 am »

Maximum Spin do you really think Roden is town in this spot? He's buddying you hard here.
I haven't expressed an opinion one way or the other...
@Max: Why did you investigate Toonyman?
I don't really remember what I had thought at the time, but if I were back at the end of d1 now and decided to investigate Toony, it would be because he a) never claimed anything that would compromise an investigation, b) seemed likely to live through the night so that it wouldn't be a waste of time, and c) might plausibly have been mafia, especially since he seemed to me to be jumping to a lot of shaky meta conclusions that didn't necessarily hold up. Not that that's alignment-indicative for anyone here necessarily. Finally, if he did turn out to be town, I wanted to, well, try to keep him from blowing the game by locking onto the wrong players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 29, 2022, 09:38:06 am »

Hm, do you think that Toony's behavior might have encouraged you to inspect him?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 29, 2022, 10:00:40 am »

Hm, do you think that Toony's behavior might have encouraged you to inspect him?
No, except possibly in the sense where "behavior" means "the normal way he acts in general, not in this game specifically". In particular, during the day when I was looking at his behavior, I had specifically thought that he might be a godfather and thus a waste of an investigation.

Fundamentally, the problem with both your questions is that there wasn't much of a reason at all, I just woke up, went to my computer, saw day had ended, and thought "I guess I need to pick a target now, uhhh, how about ToonyMan". I'm sure I had some kind of reasoning at the time, but A) I don't remember it and B) it clearly wasn't very good since I had previously suspected him of being a godfather anyway.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 29, 2022, 03:35:47 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
notquitethere - 2 - Jim Groovester*, Roden*,
4maskwolf - 1 - Maximum Spin*,
Maximum Spin - 1 - notquitethere*,
EuchreJack - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - 4maskwolf, EuchreJack*, ToonyMan, TricMagic*,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 30, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~28 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 29, 2022, 03:38:00 pm »

TricMagic: Who do you like more, Jim or EuchreJack?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 29, 2022, 04:40:01 pm »

4maskwolf

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 29, 2022, 05:22:19 pm »

I can't believe people are taking Roden's claim at face value.
Roden gives up his abilities to whoever kills him, whether it's via hammer or getting killed.

He also has a one-shot vig.

Is Roden mafia if these facts are true? Almost certainly not.

1. As a town role, this is a role that the mafia want to kill Roden for so they can have access to his one-shot vig and get an extra kill. If Roden got lynched on D1 there wouldn't even be anything Roden could do about it.
2. As a mafia role, this is a role that...gives mafia extra power and one that they'd want to spend as soon as possible so that town didn't accidently get it.

Mafia!Roden would have fired on N1, as there's no telling what will happen and it's better to get the 2 kills now and not risk a town player getting a vig shot if they hammer Roden, among other things. Just because Tric used their ability to prevent deaths doesn't mean the one-shot wouldn't get wasted, I think. Roden wouldn't be able to vig again if they blew their one-shot last night, which they clearly didn't based on their behavior. This means Roden still has his one-shot vig and didn't use it on N1.

@Webadict:
If a one-shot is used, but the action fails, does the one-shot still become spent? What are the cases here?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 29, 2022, 05:27:15 pm »

Do you believe Max is a cop? What is the point of this vote? You're accusing Roden of buddying Max, but then vote Max?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 29, 2022, 05:31:20 pm »

@Webadict:
If a one-shot is used, but the action fails, does the one-shot still become spent? What are the cases here?
Typically, no, but that's ignoring all edge cases. I'd require more specific information to answer anything else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 29, 2022, 05:34:33 pm »

@Webadict:
Typically, no, but that's ignoring all edge cases. I'd require more specific information to answer anything else.

Does a one-shot get spent if the player is role-blocked?

Does a one-shot get spent if the action fails on the target? For example, if a player used a one-shot vig on a bulletproof player.

Does a one-shot get spent if the action succeeds, but because of outside forces the end result doesn't occur? For example, if a player used a one-shot vig on someone, but another player made getting killed impossible for that night.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 75