Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54062 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #540 on: March 28, 2022, 06:26:42 pm »

On Roden

OK this is weird right when you consider that Roden has claimed not to have been commuting on N1:

What did you do last night Max?

How would have Max info? (or is it distancing...?)

Also why did they target Tric? Did they expect him to fake claim? I mean, he has before, but only to pretend his role was stronger than it actually was. It's a weird kill.
"First one to speculate on the kill choice is scum" is an old tell but it sometimes checks out.

I will say, though, that this is a good question to ask:

Tric, just to make sure I understand your role, you're claiming that if Jack dies, you'll also die? And that he's the only one you can't protect with your Doc ability? If so, why did you tell everyone this...?

I would guess that Tric is either lying or just likes to talk about how smart they are. Still, it's this from Roden is an example of rolefishing over scumhunting, something Tric is guilty of themselves. Jack was right to pick up on this dynamic.

Funny that neither NQT or 4mask have yet to react or respond to the PoE plan.
This is the first post where I've properly addressed D2, but go off. Anyway, it's nonsense, clearing people on the flimsiest of pretexts. Exactly the sort of thing I'd expect from mafia!roden.

On Jim

Jim doesn't know how his power works. To be fair, my power is a big ole wall of text so I can see how reading comprehension can go awry. NAI. But it does mean he spent a lot of effort on speculation based on bad info. That residual bad feeling appears to have spilled over into the latest vote.

On Max

Max's suggestion of No Lynch is a very dubious play. Not solving at all.

Max Spin
Their play is really weird. They turn on Vector with basically no reason. Just pure wagonning. Is it because Vector hasn't posted much? If so, why not say? They really don't give much that's good to work with. After my D2 read back, I'm going to drill down on this one.
I am only one person.
Not if you're on a mafia team, you're not.

On Tric

Tric is snipey but not very proactive. He's dedicated to extracting info from Max. Not hunting so much as bleeding dry. He confesses to having blown his load on N1. Which is a Choice, I guess. It means we have no info from the mafiakill. If he's telling the truth. Also, I could see mafia builds with a power along these lines, so I'm not sure why people are taking this as if it means Tric is cleared town.

On 4mask

Yes. I have an auto that tells me I can give away the items it gives me as a free action. It does not, however, provide a priority, since it's, y'know, an auto.
Not seeing why a scum!4mask would claim his power gives things for free when this opens him right back up as the mafiakiller. But, also... this opens him right back up as the mafiakiller!

On Euchrejack

Everyone else: Do you have two abilities? One ability? Anyone else think they're as weak as 4mask claims to be?

I mean, sure there is probably a power curve.  But I'm not buying the "I'm the only townie+" bit.
My power got the expected fiddliness (one-shots etc) you'd expect from Wuba, but it does essentially do one thing consistently: tracking. Expect a tracking result from me tomorrow.

On Toony— Toony has been active and solvey. Nothing to complain about for a D2.

Reads

My scum chart is much the same:

Town
Toony
Jim
EuchreJack

Hmmm
Tric
4mask

Scum
Max Spin
Roden

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 28, 2022, 06:30:24 pm »

OK, now I'm out of WoT megaposting hell. My biggest questions for people who don't want to parse all the above:

- Why are people taking Max at face value??? People were convinced he was a cop... when he isn't. So...?
- Even if we do think Max is town, how is three millers a reasonable spread while somehow two town trackers is beyond the pale???
- Why do people think this is 100% town!Tric, as if being self absorbed was a town-only trait?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 28, 2022, 06:37:58 pm »

Toony and everyone else believing this
Roden - hid as commuter
Though I guess, technically I'm not exactly a Commuter. I don't leave the game for the night, I'm basically just invulnerable unless I put my guard down. I have a 1-shot ability, but I'm saving it until we have less people.
Assuming everyone was telling the truth about their actions (though obviously they're not), either Roden or 4mask made the kill. Roden explicitly didn't leave the game, all he did was activate a shield against being messed with. And we know who does that.

Like, usually I like to get a good spread of votes around. If I'd started the game D1 I would have, but really Roden is the most obvscum I've seen in a long time and people just need to see this.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 28, 2022, 06:38:26 pm »

NQT why are you still trying to shade me and scum case me when I've already claimed Vig? I get resolved tonight. Also why are you trying to claim a meta read on me? I'm pretty sure we've never played together before.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 28, 2022, 06:39:54 pm »

Wait when did Max get confirmed to not be a Cop?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 28, 2022, 06:41:42 pm »

Oops, I forgot to replace Knightwing in the vote count! Fixed.

Vote Count
------------------------
notquitethere - 2 - Jim Groovester*, Roden*,
4maskwolf - 1 - Maximum Spin*,
Roden - 1 - notquitethere*,
EuchreJack - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - 4maskwolf, EuchreJack*, ToonyMan, TricMagic*,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 30, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~49 hours remaining).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 28, 2022, 06:41:52 pm »

@4maskwolf: Please clarify - Did you start with an item that you gave to Jim, then get an item from Tric's death that you plan to use tonight?
Could you have used your initial item yourself?
It was my item I got from Vector's death.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 28, 2022, 06:44:25 pm »

NQT why are you still trying to shade me and scum case me when I've already claimed Vig? I get resolved tonight. Also why are you trying to claim a meta read on me? I'm pretty sure we've never played together before.
Because you are scum? How are you going to be resolved? Mafia aren't going to kill their own teammate. Or do you think there's a real vig?

Hmm, it's quite late here and maybe I mixed up Max and Euchre?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 28, 2022, 06:47:47 pm »

- Why are people taking Max at face value??? People were convinced he was a cop... when he isn't. So...?
Um. Why do you think that, exactly?
- Even if we do think Max is town, how is three millers a reasonable spread while somehow two town trackers is beyond the pale???
Because "miller" isn't something you do, it's an attachment.
- Why do people think this is 100% town!Tric, as if being self absorbed was a town-only trait?
Because we've seen Tric as mafia. This may be hard for someone who has only seen town Tric to believe, but it's kind of... completely the opposite in every way? Sure, he could be faking, but it's hard to convincingly fake naivety.

Unrelated followup: I can forgive some, but I remember playing with you when I was here the first time before I spent a year not... uh, quite here, so I really think you ought to know me better than that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 28, 2022, 06:49:59 pm »

OK, now I'm out of WoT megaposting hell. My biggest questions for people who don't want to parse all the above:

BUT HE IS????????

HE SOFTCLAIMED A TOWN RESULT ON TOONYMAN SOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEWHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE.

AND ALSO HINTED AT HAVING SOME SORT OF ROLE THAT WOULD BE AFFECTED BY MILLER CLAIMS.

I FEEL LIKE THIS IS PRETTY CONSISTENT WITH HIS TOWN META. DO YOU KNOW A GAME WHERE HE WAS SCUM WHERE HE WAS THIS HYPERFOCUSED ON THE GREATNESS OF HIS ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE OMG ROLE?

Ok, but I'm still gonna Vig there.

ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE TO?

SUSPECTING PEOPLE!?

IN A GAME OF MAFIA!?!?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 28, 2022, 06:59:26 pm »

Because you are scum? How are you going to be resolved? Mafia aren't going to kill their own teammate. Or do you think there's a real vig?

What do you mean "how"...? If I'm fake claiming then the real Vig counter claims by shooting me tonight. If there are no Vigs at all then when two people don't flip tonight it'll be obvious I'm lying. Unless of course a Roleblocker exists, but Jack claimed Tracker and can confirm if I successfully target the person I'm claiming to Vig. All of my bases are covered that prove my innocence.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 28, 2022, 07:01:57 pm »

Wait wait no I'm an idiot. I mixed up Max's claim with Euchre's. This is why you don't post after midnight. Ignore that (though obviously mafia can and do fakeclaim being cops all the god damn time so I'm not sure why people would just go, yeah, seems legit).

As for Tric acting town by being all about the kewl powers... I get the argument, I really do! I just don't think I'd stake the whole game on it, like say he's 100% the one. He's not cleared for me, but he's not literally obvscum like Roden.

Anyway, now I sleep.

ppe: Roden, this is a role bleeding madness blooming game, there are literally infinite reasons why a strict process of elimination based on vigilante mathematics is impossible. Pull the other one.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 28, 2022, 07:07:41 pm »

@Roden: NQT's is shading you because they is on the chopping block.  Jim's "NOT 4MASKWOLF" pretty much puts the focus on NQT, so they really need someone else to get lynched. It makes them scummy for doing it, and your inability to comprehend this is either good acting on your part or further proof of your townness.

What do you mean "how"...? If I'm fake claiming then the real Vig counter claims by shooting me tonight. If there are no Vigs at all then when two people don't flip tonight it'll be obvious I'm lying. Unless of course a Roleblocker exists, but Jack claimed Tracker and can confirm if I successfully target the person I'm claiming to Vig. All of my bases are covered that prove my innocence.
I guess I can track you.  It is not as ironclad as you think, but there again, town!Roden logic.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 28, 2022, 07:09:09 pm »

NQT: "I don't want to stake the game on Tric being town read by everyone, he could be scum"

Also NQT: "anyway we should launch the Cop and Vig claims"

Ok lol

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 28, 2022, 07:20:52 pm »

@Roden: NQT's is shading you because they is on the chopping block.  Jim's "NOT 4MASKWOLF" pretty much puts the focus on NQT, so they really need someone else to get lynched. It makes them scummy for doing it, and your inability to comprehend this is either good acting on your part or further proof of your townness.

I guess I can track you.  It is not as ironclad as you think, but there again, town!Roden logic.
No I understand what they're doing, I just don't get why they're trying to attack people with confirmable roles. "Role madness" is their only reason given, but uh mafia isn't getting a Vig shot in a 9 player BYOR, especially one that was labeled as "Simple". I feel like they should know this, given their experience and reputation. If they were going to attack anyone, I feel like it should've been Toony or Jim since those would be actually feasible pushes, but maybe that's just my perspective.

I know the Tracker plan isn't quite ironclad, but the mafia team can't block both of us. So either my Vig succeeds or your Track succeeds, and I'm proven to be telling the truth regardless of which happens.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 75