Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54213 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #510 on: March 28, 2022, 04:12:17 pm »

I was worried scum could have a Roleblocker and stop my Vig that way, but no one seemed to have an issue with their action last night except NQT, who only failed because I Commuted, so I doubt one exists.

I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but the town vs mafia power disparity feels very off. I would've expected at least a blocker of some kind, but without one I'm just confused about what exactly they're supposed to do. Does anyone else feel this way?

Well, if you have multiple abilities, it stands to reason that mafia has multiple abilities.  Thus, they probably have a roleblocker that they didn't use.
Additionally, we won't know the mafia vs. town power balance until the game is over.

2. Jack what did you do last night? Did I miss it?

I didn't claim.
Since everyone has claimed, I might as well.
I tracked Maximum Spin visiting Toonyman.  So it only bolsters existing players, but I felt it best to be clear whom I am bolstering.
Interesting. NQT already claimed Tracker.

Jim said he received something, but he's smartly not claiming what it is. I'm not told what priority my giving items "action" is but I assume it outspeeds any disruption just for simplicity's sake. All I know is that the item did leave my possession.
4maskwolf, I don't buy it, I know for a fact that there is a specific numerical priority for free actions that "outspeed everything else" and I do not believe that you, specifically, have your priorities hidden.
My ability to hand off items it attached to an auto, and thus has no listed priority.
That's not true, you already claimed it was a free action.
Yes. I have an auto that tells me I can give away the items it gives me as a free action. It does not, however, provide a priority, since it's, y'know, an auto.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 28, 2022, 04:15:59 pm »

Honestly it'll make more sense if I claim my role so I'll just do that. I kinda expected to be entirely role-wiped by Toony last night but I wasn't actually auto-wiped by Toonyman.

I'm a scavenger. I get one-shot items when people die, and they appear to be at least loosely based on their role based on the two I've received so far. The auto that provides my scavenging ability also tells me I can give them away as a free action, but does not provide what priority that action is. It's also my only ability, barring the ones I get from scavenging.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 28, 2022, 04:18:20 pm »

I think what is bothering me the most about 4maskwolf is that their claim is confusing.
Even Jim's claim at least makes some marginal sense.
Now, I know what I have.  And others have shared what they have.  So, we know that most players have:
Auto
Ability 1
Ability 2

Now, there may be variations on that.  But I just can't make sense of 4maskwolf.  Which is exactly how scum would play, since mafia probably have:
Auto
Ability 1
Ability 2
Mafiakill

With the abilities in mafia hands likely being only useful to scum, or marginally useful for town.

I was worried scum could have a Roleblocker and stop my Vig that way, but no one seemed to have an issue with their action last night except NQT, who only failed because I Commuted, so I doubt one exists.

I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but the town vs mafia power disparity feels very off. I would've expected at least a blocker of some kind, but without one I'm just confused about what exactly they're supposed to do. Does anyone else feel this way?

Well, if you have multiple abilities, it stands to reason that mafia has multiple abilities.  Thus, they probably have a roleblocker that they didn't use.
Additionally, we won't know the mafia vs. town power balance until the game is over.

2. Jack what did you do last night? Did I miss it?

I didn't claim.
Since everyone has claimed, I might as well.
I tracked Maximum Spin visiting Toonyman.  So it only bolsters existing players, but I felt it best to be clear whom I am bolstering.
Interesting. NQT already claimed Tracker.

Credit where credit is due, good point Roden.  For now, I can accept two town trackers.  But I'll add NQT to my POE.

I would say my POE is 4maskwolf/NQT/Jim.  Roden is on the periphery, but I think Roden is town.
Stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Literally the only person on that list who can be a wolf is NQT.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 28, 2022, 04:23:17 pm »

Honestly it'll make more sense if I claim my role so I'll just do that. I kinda expected to be entirely role-wiped by Toony last night but I wasn't actually auto-wiped by Toonyman.

I'm a scavenger. I get one-shot items when people die, and they appear to be at least loosely based on their role based on the two I've received so far. The auto that provides my scavenging ability also tells me I can give them away as a free action, but does not provide what priority that action is. It's also my only ability, barring the ones I get from scavenging.
I find this hard to believe.
Your claim is that you can do nothing except give other people stuff when someone dies.
It sounds like you are hiding another ability.  Which frankly, so am I.  But I'm not the one claiming to only have a scavenger ability.

Everyone else: Do you have two abilities? One ability? Anyone else think they're as weak as 4mask claims to be?

I mean, sure there is probably a power curve.  But I'm not buying the "I'm the only townie+" bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 28, 2022, 04:24:24 pm »

I would say my POE is 4maskwolf/NQT/Jim.  Roden is on the periphery, but I think Roden is town.
Stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Literally the only person on that list who can be a wolf is NQT.
[/quote]

Now this I would like to hear.  How have you managed to clear Jim & Roden?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 28, 2022, 04:26:27 pm »

---DAMNIT, this is how it should appear-----

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 28, 2022, 04:38:03 pm »

---DAMNIT, this is how it should appear-----
I wasn't actually including Roden, just the first three. I'm sorry, by the way. I'm having a bad day but I shouldn't have taken it out on you. My comment was excessively rude.

I'm currently processing a giant load of packages because it's Monday, so I can't provide my full case for Jim town. But basically the primary reasons are 1. the way he played D1 2. A vague metaread I'm attempting to refine on him and 3. his position in the miller claims.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 28, 2022, 04:47:02 pm »

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE ITEMS ARE AND THE ABILITIES THEY PROVIDE BEFORE YOU GIFT THEM AWAY?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 28, 2022, 04:59:10 pm »

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE ITEMS ARE AND THE ABILITIES THEY PROVIDE BEFORE YOU GIFT THEM AWAY?
Yes. I can use them myself, so it would be odd if I didn't know what they do.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 28, 2022, 05:01:11 pm »

WHAT MADE YOU DECIDE TO GIVE ME THE ONE YOU GAVE ME IF YOU COULD USE IT YOURSELF?

I AM A VERY BAD CHOICE FOR IT SINCE I TYPICALLY DON'T LIVE LONG ENOUGH FOR IT TO REALLY MATTER.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 28, 2022, 05:04:33 pm »

...I have been informed that giving an item is technically P10 but, despite specifying who I give it to, somehow isn't targeted and thus can't be redirected?

WHAT MADE YOU DECIDE TO GIVE ME THE ONE YOU GAVE ME IF YOU COULD USE IT YOURSELF?

I AM A VERY BAD CHOICE FOR IT SINCE I TYPICALLY DON'T LIVE LONG ENOUGH FOR IT TO REALLY MATTER.
Because I trust you and expected to die by some fuckery last night, be it a misguided town vigilante, the mafia, a third party, or a redirected kill of some sort. For understandable reasons I wasn't going to give just anyone that item so I gave it to my top town.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 28, 2022, 05:10:30 pm »

Because I trust you and expected to die by some fuckery last night, be it a misguided town vigilante, the mafia, a third party, or a redirected kill of some sort. For understandable reasons I wasn't going to give just anyone that item so I gave it to my top town.

WHY NOT USE THE ITEM DURING N1?

KNOWING WHAT IT IS IT MAKES SENSE NOT TO, BUT I STILL WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 28, 2022, 05:12:06 pm »

WHY NOT USE THE ITEM DURING N1?

KNOWING WHAT IT IS IT MAKES SENSE NOT TO, BUT I STILL WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION.
My response

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 28, 2022, 05:12:36 pm »

What item did you get from me then?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 28, 2022, 05:13:43 pm »

What item did you get from me then?
Your clearance is not high enough to access this information.

It's valuable and I'm using it tonight is all I'm saying.

Re: the item I gave Jim if I'd used it last night rather than give it away or hold onto it I might as well have thrown it in the garbage.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 75