Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35975 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #390 on: October 25, 2022, 11:20:07 pm »

Irine and Doc

Initiative
Irine 18
Doc 9
Asclepius 19
Glycon (1) 2
Glycon (2) 10
Asterios 12

Doc Luck Check: 18 (Success), 16 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Irine Gains 25 Mana (Now 190)
Asterios Gains 20 Mana (Now 225)
Irine Loses 20 Mana (Now 170)
Irine Magic Check: 11 (Success), 3 (Crit Success), Remainder 11
Asterios Magic Check: 19 (Failure)
Asterios Loses 60 Mana (Now 165)
Asterios Magic Check: 13 (Failure)
Asterios Loses 60 Mana (Now 105)
Asterios Magic Check: 14 (Failure)
Asterios Loses 60 Mana (Now 45)
Asterios Agility Check: 16 (Success), 18 (No Crit), Remainder 18

"No I'm half dead and fighting for my life.” Doc finally replied to Irine’s question, “But enough about the usual, now a half-cow is trying to kill me and doing a grand job of it."

"Well he's rather large." Irine replied, observing the massive minotaur trying to pull himself out of the small crevice entrance than Doc had used. She lowered her flame dance into the open cavern, and summoned another flame orb to attack, as her first flame orb shot at him. While she wasn’t focused on her physical form, her enhanced focus on her magic lead to the creation of split flame orbs, both of which struck the attacker.

The minotaur let out a sound partway between a roar and a young man’s scream of pain as the flame orbs burned him. His arm, which had been forcing its way out of the earth, shot back in as he turned tail and fled, tripping up slightly at the flame patterns beneath his feet, but successfully running out of Irine’s sight. As he moved farther in, Irine could no longer tell how far away his mana signature was from them, just like she couldn’t really tell the location of the other servant, only that he was moving away.

"Any idea where the other one is?"

Unfortunately, Doc didn’t get a chance to shoot at the berserker before he escape.

Like I said, the enemy of the Berserker class is magic attacks.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 11:23:43 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 26, 2022, 12:02:08 am »

that's an insane amount of damage. I did not expect anything like that. The way that doc's luck flat damage bonus combos with irine's multiattacks is insanely good synergy.

EDIT: Is there a way for me to transfer mana to Doc?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 01:47:33 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 27, 2022, 12:22:56 pm »

"He ain't an assassin right? Lets get him before the big guy comes back. Don't fancy going back in that maze anytime soon."

Search for Caster's presence. If that doesn't work out visibly search for Caster's presence by doing another sky jump.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 27, 2022, 04:36:21 pm »

that's an insane amount of damage. I did not expect anything like that. The way that doc's luck flat damage bonus combos with irine's multiattacks is insanely good synergy.

EDIT: Is there a way for me to transfer mana to Doc?

Yes, but let’s just say the methods range from awkward to… let’s just avoid them. Also, letting you know there won’t be a turn tonight as I’m working on a paper and probably going out with friends after, so I don’t have the time. I’ll try to write it up tomorrow.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 27, 2022, 08:12:44 pm »

kill girl
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 28, 2022, 10:15:18 am »

"Yeah but I haven't really managed to nail down where he is. It's hard to find his mana for some reason."
focus on maintaining my flames for now. and see if I can feel the mana of the enemy Caster.

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 170/200
active flames: 1 flame dance, 3 flame orbs, forest fire, protecting Doc from heat.

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 28, 2022, 11:45:22 pm »

Assignments have been shifted around, and I admittedly forgot that I was meant to do the turn today, and with how busy tomorrow is likely to be turn is more likely to be Sunday. I apologize, I have a lot on my plate with classes, midterms, and papers right now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 29, 2022, 12:02:07 am »

Assignments have been shifted around, and I admittedly forgot that I was meant to do the turn today, and with how busy tomorrow is likely to be turn is more likely to be Sunday. I apologize, I have a lot on my plate with classes, midterms, and papers right now.
all of that takes priority over this, no worries.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 30, 2022, 11:40:46 pm »

Initiative
Irine 17 (Agility 12)
Doc 17 (Agility 20)
Asclepius 3
Glycon (1) 8 (Agility 12) (Coin Flip: Head)
Glycon (2) 8 (Agility 12)
Asterios 18

Doc Luck Check: 9 (Success), 18 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Irine Gains 25 Mana (Now 195)
Doc Luck Check: 16 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 3
Irine Luck Check: 20 (Failure)

"He ain't an assassin right?” Doc replied, “Lets get him before the big guy comes back. Don't fancy going back in that maze anytime soon."

"Yeah but I haven't really managed to nail down where he is. It's hard to find his mana for some reason."

Doc closed his eyes and worked to sense the mana signatures around him. He did his best to ignore Irine, whose signature essentially floated all around him, and the minotaur, whose mana he could foggily feel growing stronger and moving farther away, though not much more. He tried to look for an unfamiliar signature, and he was able to find it. The other mana signature was… ok, why couldn’t he nail it down? The mana signature was hazy, like he’d had one too many drinks. It was a distance away… but in what direction?

He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. He had to focus. The signature was pretty strong, so it shouldn't be this hard to detect it. He rubbed his temples and did his best to clear his mind, taking deep breaths in and out… until finally, he had something. He still couldn’t tell which direction the mana signature was, but he did have one thing he knew… though he wasn’t exactly happy knowing it.

The signature was somewhere in the maze below them.

Irine, meanwhile, wasn’t able to detect much.

Nuada
Nuada Gains 10 Mana (Now 30)
Nuada Agility Check: 18 (Failure)
Frankenstein Agility Check: 6 (Success), 11 (No Crit), Remainder 11 vs 5 (Success), 5 (Crit Success), Remainder 4

Nuada tried to swing at the girl, but again his limbs wouldn’t do what he wanted, his sword swinging over her head as his hand jerked at the last moment. The girl swung back in response, her body seeming to have healed more from her self inflicted injuries, but she still wasn’t fast enough, as Nuada managed to move out of the way of her strike. For the moment at least, he was able to avoid her, if not hit her.

Nuada's active ability is able to be activated again next turn, but Fran recovers from all her debuffs next turn too. Should I include the cooldowns and how long buffs and debuffs last here?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 31, 2022, 12:56:45 pm »

"Any luck?"

Irine
mana: 195/200
active flames: 1 flame dance, 3 flame orbs, forest fire, protecting Doc from heat.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 31, 2022, 01:31:36 pm »

"Dripping with it."

He points back toward the entrance.

"He's hiding in the labyrinth. Probably why ya couldn't find him."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 31, 2022, 01:49:56 pm »

"You don't want to go back in there, right? Could you tell me as much as possible about the inside shape? I need to understand the airflow down there."
I look around for a place safe for Doc to stay without me protecting him from the heat. My current battleplan is to attempt to use my NP on the labyrinth inisde the crevice to force the two inside out of it, though I'm not sure if it will work in the unknown and irregularly shaped non-flammable constrained space.
((Irine is intentionally not releasing her current active flames in case berserker comes back, though she knows she will have to release them in order to perform her NP, since that requires her full concentration to use.))

Irine
mana: 195/200

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 31, 2022, 04:40:50 pm »

"Shape? Purposefully confusing and possibly beyond human understanding. Size? Its a reality marble or somethin so the size is arbitrary. Good luck with whatever you got up your sleeve. If you're holding out on an anti-world phantasm you really should have brought it up earlier."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 31, 2022, 05:10:29 pm »

"A world's more than I can handle right now, but it can't be all that big. You got out and it's still there and connected and stuff, right?"

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 01, 2022, 07:53:26 am »

include them

activare ability and kill girl
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41