Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35976 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #420 on: November 05, 2022, 09:52:48 am »

I’m just poking this in case the fact that I posted the turn in the late afternoon means you guys didn’t notice it.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 05, 2022, 10:00:28 am »

((thank you, because i did somehow miss that.))
((By the way, Irine typically doesn't make any physical motions to manipulate her flames. For her flame manipulation is essentially another limb, and just like you don't usually move your left arm when you're trying to move your right arm, she doesn't make physical motions for flame manipulations.))

"I see why you don't like this place."
I plan on following Doc's lead on where to go to search the labyrinth itself.

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 200/200
active flames: 1 flame dance, 3 flame orbs, forest fire, protecting Doc from heat.

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 10:03:13 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 05, 2022, 12:06:46 pm »

Doc checks the floor for bloodstains. Other people's this time, if the Bull got hit he'll probably bleed like anyone else. If we can't track his mana we'll just follow the mundane trail.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 06, 2022, 12:22:11 am »

I did all the rolls and started writing the turn, with intent to finish it when I was out with friends tonight, only to later realize that wasn’t going to work out. I’m very busy tomorrow, but I think I can manage to get the turn out, but probably not with Nuada’s opponent, as I’m still working out that active skill.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 07, 2022, 12:40:59 am »

Initiative
Irine 12
Doc 2
Asclepius 7
Glycon (1) 8 (Coin Flip Head)
Glycon (2) 8
Asterios 20

Doc Luck Check: 11 (Success), 4 (Crit Success) +40 Damage for Allies
Asterios Gains 20 Mana (Now 125)
Asterios Agility Check: 10 (Success), 9 (Crit Success), Remainder 18
Glycon 1 Used Cure Wounds
Asterios Gains 20 Mana (Now 145)
Glycon 2 Used Cure Wounds
Asterios Gains 20 Mana (Now 165)
Asclepius uses his active skill: Glycon 3 created
Doc Luck Check: 11 (Success), 20 (No Crit), Remainder 9

"I see why you don't like this place." Irine said, getting up and rubbing her tails. She leaned against a wall as the nausea made it a bit difficult to stand up. Looking around, the entrance chamber was a large room made of dark stone bricks laid atop each other, with her fires the only light source outside of the massive crack in the ceiling. There was only one door out of the room, leading into a similar looking stone hallway that she could only see the start of, as the rest was swallowed in darkness.

Meanwhile, Doc began looking for the minotaur’s blood, hoping to have a clue to follow rather than having to rely on his luck like he did last time. Thankfully, while Irine’s flames had probably cauterized a decent portion of the wounds on impact, Doc was still able to see a bloodstain on the ground in front of them, and another one farther down the hall. He didn’t know how much farther the blood trail would go, but it was at least a start.

Did this kind of quick so I could get it out today. I'll try to have Nuada's fight start next update too.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 07, 2022, 12:41:29 pm »

Doc points. "He went that way. Are you going to try and set the entire thing on fire or should we follow the trail this time?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 07, 2022, 01:20:48 pm »

"Don't be silly, I don't know enough about the layout to do that, and there's nothing to burn so I can't be wasteful."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 07, 2022, 01:27:55 pm »

"So you knew the layout of the forest did ya?"

Doc follows the trail, thankful that the pyro's mania seems to have been sated for the time being.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 07, 2022, 01:38:39 pm »

"Open-air, so kinda, yeah, I did. In here it's a confined stone space. Airflow isn't normal in places like this. Once I've seen a bit more I might be able to do something, but right now I have to work with what I've got. Sorry. I don't want to get close to these guys either."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 09, 2022, 12:19:43 am »

Initiative
Irine 19 (Agility 12) (Coin Flip Heads)
Doc 19 (Agility 20)
Asclepius 4
Glycon (1) 19 (Agility 12)
Glycon (2) 14
Glycon (3) 3
Asterios 19 (Agility 27)

Doc Luck Check: 10 (Success), 9 (Crit Success) +40 Damage for Allies
Asterios Gains 20 Mana (Now 185)
Doc Agility Check: 2 (Success), 16 (Crit Success), Remainder 2
Doc Luck Check: 12 (Success), 14 (No Crit), Remainder 8
Irine Agility Check: 12 (Failure)

"He went that way.” Doc said, pointing through the doorway where he could see the blood, “Are you going to try and set the entire thing on fire or should we follow the trail this time?"

"Don't be silly,’ Irine waved him off, “I don't know enough about the layout to do that, and there's nothing to burn so I can't be wasteful."

"So you knew the layout of the forest did ya?" Doc replied, starting to walk through the doorway. Actually being able to walk in here without stumbling was nice, as much as he would rather not be in here again. At least he didn’t have to worry about his “partner” lighting the place up with him inside this time.

"Open-air, so kinda, yeah, I did. In here it's a confined stone space. Airflow isn't normal in places like this.” Irine replied, following him, “Once I've seen a bit more I might be able to do something, but right now I have to work with what I've got. Sorry. I don't want to get close to these guys either."

As Irine followed, but found herself having to stop every once in a while, either due to stumbling, or the feeling that if she didn’t, she might have to throw up. This place sucked. Not only was she in the home base of her enemy, but she felt weak and sick just walking around. Every time she paused, Doc kept moving, until she stood in a chamber as he walked through one of the hallways leading out of it. Thankfully, her flame orbs marked out which hallway it was.

Eventually Doc paused to look for more bloodstains, and noticed Irine lagging behind, as her flame orbs lit up the tunnel behind him. As she caught up, he was able to find a bit more blood in one of the tunnels leading off in the same way he had come from when he was in here last time.

Nuada
You stand outside the woods. The night is dark, but from outside the canopy you can still see the moon and stars, though that’s likely to change when you enter. Looking in, you can see that the ground has been cleared of dry leaves and other debris, which would have helped you hide your entrance, if not for your mana signature. The wind is still, and the leaves above are the same.

You’re here to deal with the servant who made their base in the woods in front of you. They can probably sense you coming by now, but you probably have a bit more time if you want to prepare more before you press on.
(Actions)

Doc: 140
Irine: 200
Nuada: 200

New Fight is Nuada vs Rama. Decided to put Mana up in this section to make it easier to track.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 09, 2022, 12:52:10 am »

"I... This place is draining me too much, I can't keep up. I... Could you carry me please?"
I shift forms, my body turning into flame before shrinking down and becoming my full-fox form
<I don't want to slow us down.>

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 09, 2022, 07:59:13 pm »

"Uh, is this a flag? Am I stuck going down your route now?"

Doc does his best to pick up the fox before following the red-bricked road.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 09, 2022, 08:07:03 pm »

<Flag?>

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 09, 2022, 08:11:04 pm »

<Flag?>

"Throne's really stingy with how it hands out modern knowledge aint it?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 09, 2022, 08:42:59 pm »

((If we aren't in a modern setting then wouldn't be given modern knowledge I think. And Irine's personal knowledge of modern stuff is... spotty. She's got really good physics / chemistry / biology knowledge, but zero pop culture info.))
<I don't get it.>
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41