Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35960 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #375 on: October 19, 2022, 10:04:57 pm »

Irine and Doc

Initiative
Irine 6
Doc 8
Asclepius 2
Glycon 20
Asterios 11

Doc Luck Check: 12 (Success), 4 (Crit Success) +40 Damage for Allies
Asterios Agility Check: 20 (Success), 2 (Crit Success), Remainder 15
Doc Luck Check: 3 (Success), 11 (Crit Success), Remainder 6
Doc Agility Check: 20 (Failure)
Irine Luck Check: 2 (Success), 3 (Crit Success), Remainder 10

Irine tried to sense Doc’s location, trying to see if he was in the crevice, or still out in the forest. As she focused, she could tell that not only was Doc in the crevice, but he was getting closer. However, she could also sense the two enemies. One she couldn’t feel their location, only that they were inside the crevice but the other… was approaching at speed.

Doc, meanwhile, was also well aware of the approaching enemy, in part due to being able to sense the mana signature get closer, and in part due to feeling the ground beneath his feet shake. He spun the bullet again, and headed down the left path. As he approached the next split, he could feel a mana signature coming from one of the doorways… one that felt familiar.

Rolled for Nuada's opponent. First I got Hassan, which I rerolled since I figured it was better to avoid a redo of that fight, then Asclepius, which I rerolled since he's in an active fight, and finally got a servant Nuada hadn't fought before, but they're one of the ones I haven't updated, so I still need to edit them. I think I can pull off starting the fight with the next update, but given I have midterms to work on, it might be pushed back to the one after.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 19, 2022, 10:51:54 pm »

YES! alright lets get to work
while nurturing the surrounding forest fire, I also generate a Flame Dance immediately overhead, with the intent of bringing it down to cover Doc's retreat towards me once he's out of the crevice, and follow it up with additional attacks as possible.
caves have weird airflow, I'll need to figure out the general shape of the interior if I want to make a proper flame vortex in there. But first priority is to deal with his pursuer.

if Doc comes out of the crevice this turn:
"Doc! Here! Breathe through my fur to filter out the ash and help protect against being burned, okay?"
I flick my tails his way as he approaches, attempting to let him use me to protect him from the environment.

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 200/200

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 19, 2022, 11:14:22 pm »

Time to speed things up a bit. Doc skips the bullet spinning and just goes with his gut, still trusting his luck in an expedited fashion. Run to the exit as quick as possible. If he catches up to use I'll be getting out one way or the other anyway.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 20, 2022, 02:20:27 pm »

I was looking back at Nuada's sheet and I realized I messed up, as he has both the battle continuation class skill and a battle continuation-like effect from his personal passive skills, meaning he actually would have survived Fran's attack again. So, while I'll still work on the other opponent if they are still wanted, starting next update I'll be putting the Nuada vs Fran fight back up where it left off.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 20, 2022, 07:47:02 pm »

sweet!
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 21, 2022, 11:42:39 pm »

Irine and Doc

Initiative
Irine 2 (Agility 12)
Doc 2 (Agility 20)
Asclepius 3
Glycon 5
Asterios 11

Doc Luck Check: 1 (Success), 10 (Crit Success) +40 Damage for Allies
Asterios Agility Check: 13 (Success), 15 (Crit Success), Remainder 9
Doc Luck Check: 9 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 10
Doc Agility Check: 17 (Failure)
Irine Loses 40 Mana (Now 160)
Irine Magic Check: 14 (Success), 10 (Crit Success), Remainder 1 (+10 Damage. -3 Agility for all enemies.)

Irine can sense both Doc and the other mana signature fast approaching as she begins to weave a Flame Dance overhead, with her added pressure from the oncoming enemy seeming to add to her spell, making the fires slightly hotter and the patterns more complex.

Doc could feel the Labyrinth shake as the minotaur drew closer. WIth no time to waste with the bullet, he ran ahead, trusting his luck as he ran toward the doorway that the familiar mana signature emanated from. As he approached, he could smell smoke coming in through the hall, and the air heating up, which was partially encouraging, as it meant that he was approaching a way out, but also a reminder that he was running out into a raging forest fire.

Finally, Doc’s run came to a stop as he hit a wall. There were no doorways this time, but looking upwards, there was a crack in the ceiling, with a hole big enough for a person to fit through. Standing over him, looking in through the crack, surrounded by flames that were turning the small chamber into a sweltering oven, was Irine.

Nuada
Nuada Gains 10 Mana (Now 20)
Nuada Luck Check: 9 (Success), 8 (No Crit), Remainder 7 (+3 to Agility for avoiding attacks)
Frankenstein Agility Check: 19 (Failure)

Barely surviving two swipes with an electrifying death, Nuada continued to focus on dodging away from his opponents attacks, and it seemed that his enemy was all out of fancy tricks. The girl swung her mace at him, but her own weakened state from the attacks she had used rendered the attack slow and easy to dodge. However, Nuada could tell that the girl was beginning to recover, while his path to recovery likely wouldn’t begin until he could sit down after the fight.

Irine and Doc are reunited and Nuada and Fran are back to fighting.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 21, 2022, 11:59:00 pm »

how far below me is Doc? does it look like he'll be able to climb up?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 22, 2022, 09:07:00 am »

how far below me is Doc? does it look like he'll be able to climb up?
Yes, Doc is able to climb up on his own.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 22, 2022, 12:07:41 pm »

"Hi Doc! Up here!"
I continue to maintain the flames (and flame dance) around me and generate a flame orb to go with them, in preparation for whatever is chasing Doc, but also actively direct the heat away from Doc and try to keep him comfortable.
"You okay?"

Irine
mana: 160/200

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 22, 2022, 01:23:44 pm »

At A rank agility I could probably climb the Empire State building.

Doc Jumps through the crack!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 22, 2022, 04:39:15 pm »

As Doc climbs up here, I step back to give him room to come out, but stay close and actively part the heat away from him.
"If the ash or smoke starts getting to you, tell me. My fur filters that stuff out really well."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2022, 10:50:28 pm »

Irine and Doc

Initiative
Irine 12
Doc 9
Asclepius 11
Glycon (1) 6
Glycon (2) 2
Asterios 13

Doc Luck Check: 10 (Success), 20 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Irine Gains 25 Mana (Now 185)
Asterios Agility Check: 3 (Success), 6 (Crit Success), Remainder 28
Irine Loses 20 Mana (Now 165)
Irine Magic Check: 19 (Success), 18 (No Crit), Remainder 6
Asterios Magic Check: 3 (Success), 20 (No Crit), Remainder 10
Asterios Loses 50 Mana (Now 205)
Doc Agility Check: 18 (Success), 20 (No Crit), Remainder 2

“Hi Doc!” Irine called out upon seeing her partner “Up here!”

Doc, meanwhile, is a bit too busy to respond, as the shaking that proved that the Minotaur was approaching grew worse and worse. He began trying to shake off the nasua he had felt ever since he had stepped into the labyrinth, and getting into a position to jump, when the shaking grew to the point that Doc had to rely on the walls to keep him steady.

Maybe it was Irine shifting the heat away, or maybe it was the chill down his spine when he realized what the magnitude of the shaking meant, but Doc was certain that the chill was already running down his spine before he saw those ember-like eyes staring intently at him from the shadows of the doorway.

The Minotaur roared at him and charged, axes out, and Doc braced for an ax to cut through him, but then again, he had a partner to cover him now, and that’s what Irine did. A fireball slammed into the minotaur, the explosion knocking him of his path, and giving Doc enough time to scramble out of the labyrinth, the nausea he had been affected by disappearing as he made his way out of the crevice.

“You okay?” Irine asked, moving out of the way to let Doc get out, but staying close enough to keep the heat off him, "If the ash or smoke starts getting to you, tell me. My fur filters that stuff out really well."

Meanwhile, from the crevice, the minotaur roared.

Yeah... running is still a good idea.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 24, 2022, 12:48:01 am »

Everyone's always so big.
"Well he's rather large."
Barely even using my eyes anymore, my focus is primarilly upon my soul-self. I'm keeping Doc safe from the heat, maintaining the forest fire, shifting my Flame Dance to surround the enemy with it, striking once again with my flame orb, and additionally generating yet another Flame orb to strike the Minotaur with. As a result I'm mostly letting my physical body do whatever, just staying close to Doc as he moves.
"Any idea where the other one is?"

Irine
mana: 165/200

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 25, 2022, 09:14:17 pm »

So, while I'd normally go ahead with the people who have given actions, since Irine and Doc are in a group, I don't think I can do that here. It's getting kind of late here, but if Stirk or Paladin posts in the hour, I can write up a turn.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 25, 2022, 09:16:43 pm »

"No I'm half dead and fighting for my life. But enough about the usual, now a half-cow is trying to kill me and doing a grand job of it."

Use Irine as a shield

Shoot Bezerker!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41