Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35978 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #405 on: November 01, 2022, 08:31:19 am »

include them

activare ability and kill girl
Can’t activate active ability and attack in the same turn.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 02, 2022, 12:25:58 am »

Initiative
Irine 17
Doc 3
Asclepius 13 (Agility 16)
Glycon (1) 9
Glycon (2) 13 (Agility 12)
Asterios 5

Doc Luck Check: 15 (Success), 9 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Irine Gains 25 Mana (Now 200)
Asterios Gains 20 Mana (Now 85)
Irine Luck Check: (-2 for being in the midst of a raging wildfire) 19 (Failure)
Asterios Agility Check: 17 (Success), 14 (Crit Success), Remainder 6

"Any luck?" Irine asked, her own attempts to detect the enemy having ended in failure.

"Dripping with it." Doc groaned, pointing back towards the entrance he had just escaped out of, "He's hiding in the labyrinth. Probably why ya couldn't find him."

"You don't want to go back in there, right?” Irine asked, a plan forming in her head. She started to look for somewhere safe to stow Doc, where the fires wouldn’t do him too much harm. “Could you tell me as much as possible about the inside shape? I need to understand the airflow down there."

"Shape? Purposefully confusing and possibly beyond human understanding. Size? Its a reality marble or somethin so the size is arbitrary.” Doc replied, “Good luck with whatever you got up your sleeve. If you're holding out on an anti-world phantasm you really should have brought it up earlier."

"A world's more than I can handle right now, but it can't be all that big. You got out and it's still there and connected and stuff, right?" Irine replied.

Unfortunately, her attempt to find somewhere to put Doc didn’t work out, as a raging wildfire wasn’t exactly a good place to sit down your wounded ally, especially one with a noted aversion to smoke. Most of the trees were already smoking, or would be in short order, and what had once been clearings had a few too many burning logs to be considered safe.

Nuada
Nuada Gains 10 Mana (Now 40)
Nuada Active Ability: +to strength until he lands an attack, and +10 damage until he lands an attack.
Frankenstein Agility Check: 4 (Success), 18 (No Crit), Remainder 17 vs 13 (Success) Remainder 1
Damage Check: 10 (Success), 12 (No Crit), Remainder 11 vs 20 (Failure)
Frankenstein Loses 15 Mana (Now 30)
Nuada Loses 70 Mana (Now Dead)

Instead of attacking again, Nuada took the time to reinforce his sword, placing some of his mana into it to sharpen the edge, granting him the ability to do more if he did hit, in the hopes of being able to end the fight in one hit… but he never got a chance.

The girl, recovered from her self-inflicted injuries, took Nuada’s moment of focus as her chance. She swung her mace at his chest, and with Nuada’s focus being on his blade, he didn’t have the time to dodge. The mace slammed into his chest, knocking him backwards, into a nearby lightning struck tree, and breaking through the layer of mana that reinforced his cracking spirit origin.

This last strike finally finished it off. As the cracks spread throughout, his spirit origin crumbled away inside his chest, just as his body dissolved into golden mist. With no more second chances to save him, Nuada finally faded away, leaving the girl alone in her burnt-up clearing.

In the future I'll be including things like skill cooldowns, buff/debuff timers, and other information I think is important here in a section above the notes. As for now, Nuada died again, let me know if you want to do that extra fight. Also, since the schedule got messed up due to my assignments so the update is on Thursday again, I'll do my best to get it done during the day.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 02, 2022, 12:37:11 am »

“Wait if they’re both in there you didn’t fight nobody. Why is everything on fire?”
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 02, 2022, 01:42:46 am »

“Wait if they’re both in there you didn’t fight nobody. Why is everything on fire?”
"The attack I wanted to do before entering the forest landed. Problem is I can't do it again while still protecting you from the heat, meaning I don't think I can hit the labyrinth from out here without you getting burned."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 02, 2022, 04:38:27 pm »

"The attack I wanted to do before entering the forest landed. Problem is I can't do it again while still protecting you from the heat, meaning I don't think I can hit the labyrinth from out here without you getting burned."

"If ya REALLY think you can just smoke them out of the labyrinth I can leave the forest and let you have at it. Don't sound like all that solid plan to me. You might just have a pyromania problem."

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 02, 2022, 05:39:04 pm »

do other battle
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 02, 2022, 05:51:55 pm »

"Nah, we're better off going in I think. Their smart move is to hang out near the entrance and wait for you to do exactly that, then rush me 2v1 while we're split."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 02, 2022, 06:09:29 pm »

do other battle
Ok, that might not be next update, as I need to work on the sheet.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 02, 2022, 06:25:53 pm »

"Nah, we're better off going in I think. Their smart move is to hang out near the entrance and wait for you to do exactly that, then rush me 2v1 while we're split."

Doc shakes his head at his comrade's tactical sense, then immediately goes into a coughing fit from all the smoke.

"Hows about we...go in at the same time. You ain't claustrophobic is ya?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 02, 2022, 06:51:14 pm »

"Nope! Especially since you can fit in there. You're way bigger than me after all!"
I sweep my flames into the crevice, including what I comfortably can from the flames of the forest fire itself, and then climb down after them to begin the search of the labyrinth. I plan on following Doc's lead on where to go inside to search the labyrinth itself.

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 200/200
active flames: 1 flame dance, 3 flame orbs, forest fire, protecting Doc from heat.

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 02, 2022, 06:55:18 pm »

Doc follows the pyromaniac back into the labyrinth, wondering why she's still setting everything on fire.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 02, 2022, 06:59:55 pm »

((does Doc ask Irine that question?))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 02, 2022, 07:19:38 pm »

((does Doc ask Irine that question?))

He has come to terms with the fact Irine just wants to watch the world burn.

So no.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 02, 2022, 07:21:58 pm »

((Well, he is wrong, but okay.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 03, 2022, 04:51:56 pm »

Initiative
Irine 17
Doc 2
Asclepius 10
Glycon (1) 13
Glycon (2) 4
Asterios 1

Doc Luck Check: 11 (Success), 16 (No Crit) +40 Damage for Irine
Asterios Gains 20 Mana (Now 105)
Irine Agility Check: 20 (Failure)
Irine Endurance Check: 1 (Success), 20 (No Crit), Remainder 7
Doc Agility Check: 1 (Success), 8 (Crit Success), Remainder 1
Doc Luck Check: 6 (Success), 12 (Crit Success), Remainder 2 (Doc does not suffer - to Agility)
Asterios Agility Check: 12 (Success), 5 (Crit Success), Remainder 20

“Wait,” Doc questioned, looking around, “if they’re both in there you didn’t fight nobody. Why is everything on fire?”

"The attack I wanted to do before entering the forest landed.” Irine replied, “Problem is I can't do it again while still protecting you from the heat, meaning I don't think I can hit the labyrinth from out here without you getting burned."

"If ya REALLY think you can just smoke them out of the labyrinth I can leave the forest and let you have at it.” Doc replied, though his tone was skeptical, “Don't sound like all that solid plan to me. You might just have a pyromania problem."

Doc shook his head. It really just seemed like Irine’s tactical sense wasn’t much more than lightning the problem on fire and hoping it worked. As if to prove his point, the smoke of the surrounding forest fire sent him into another coughing fit.

"Hows about we..” he stopped to cough.”go in at the same time. You ain't claustrophobic is ya?"

"Nope! Especially since you can fit in there.” Irine replied, as she began walking to the crevice, “You're way bigger than me after all!"”

As she approached the crevice, Irine waved her hand, as if gesturing Doc to follow her. Rather, her three fireballs flew down in front of her, along with a portion of the forest fire that burnt on a few of the trees nearby, much more might be dangerous in such a small space, as even if she could keep Doc safe from the heat, loss of oxygen would be another matter.

Now it was Irine’s turn to climb down. She placed her hands on the lip of the entrance and slipped her feet in. However, as her body passed into the entrance, she was suddenly overcome with a massive wave of nausea. Her lack of preparation only exaggerating the effects, Irine lost her grip on the lip of the cavern and dropped down. Thankfully, she landed on her tails, which were strong enough to be undamaged by the impact, but it still hurt.

Doc, meanwhile, already knew what to expect from the labyrinth. He started his descent much the same as Irine, but when the nausea hit, he was able to hold on. Once he’d been hanging for long enough to adapt back to the feeling of the labyrinth, he let himself drop, landing in a successful three point landing.

In fact, Doc felt as though the nausea wasn’t affecting him as harshly as it had before. Whether it was some effect, or he’d merely grown used to it during his earlier travels, he was relatively certain he could manage moving around well enough.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Irine is a pyromaniac, just writing it as that's how Doc seems to perceive her. As for Nuada's battle, that will probably start next turn.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41