Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: GLADIATOR MANAGER  (Read 30458 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Gladiator Manager
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2022, 11:54:26 am »

((How am I starving if I ate? And how are my stats a wee bit higher? C O N F U S E D  but also Y A Y ?))
Surely a magnificent specimen known as "Bulk Muscles" needs more than a peasant child's handmedown drumstick to completely satisfy their appetite.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2022, 12:08:27 pm »

TBH the stats are little more than a cardboard cutout at this point, I went from (wouldn't it be cool if they let me) to (Oh shi- guess that's in the game now) I'm still brainstorming how to use them, intelligence for enemy insights, agility for priority, weapon requirements, I chose them for how appropriate the categories are for my gladiator story, but the origin was an Arms Race, so going from those cardboard cutout soldiers to living breathing players well it's like taking a seed and growing a plant. It's good stalk but will need a lot of nurturing to reach it's full potential in this RTD flower pot.

Edit: I sent 'im a request to see their notes, maybe somethings could apply here.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 03:35:14 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2022, 06:20:26 pm »

((How am I starving if I ate? And how are my stats a wee bit higher? C O N F U S E D  but also Y A Y ?))
Surely a magnificent specimen known as "Bulk Muscles" needs more than a peasant child's handmedown drumstick to completely satisfy their appetite.
((SOON HE WILL SATIATE HIS HUNGER WITH THE BLOOD OF HIS ENEMIES))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2022, 06:21:47 pm »

TBH the stats are little more than a cardboard cutout at this point, I went from (wouldn't it be cool if they let me) to (Oh shi- guess that's in the game now) I'm still brainstorming how to use them, intelligence for enemy insights, agility for priority, weapon requirements, I chose them for how appropriate the categories are for my gladiator story, but the origin was an Arms Race, so going from those cardboard cutout soldiers to living breathing players well it's like taking a seed and growing a plant. It's good stalk but will need a lot of nurturing to reach it's full potential in this RTD flower pot.

Edit: I sent 'im a request to see their notes, maybe somethings could apply here.
((I'd like to request a lowering of Bulks intelligence as he is an idiot.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2022, 02:46:16 am »

Wait our stats go up if we eat stuff, so I guess that means I need to eat one of the thugs.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2022, 03:01:30 am »

Oh, he is, but he has a massive intellectual capacity to remember all the nicknames he's given to his major and minor muscle groups, and their favorite exercises, animals, and complex backstories and interpersonal relationships. He's very unhappy to have wasted away on a low protein prison diet. It's like a Shakespearean tragedy really...
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2022, 09:11:58 am »

About a day left.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2022, 11:19:14 am »

Oh, he is, but he has a massive intellectual capacity to remember all the nicknames he's given to his major and minor muscle groups, and their favorite exercises, animals, and complex backstories and interpersonal relationships. He's very unhappy to have wasted away on a low protein prison diet. It's like a Shakespearean tragedy really...
Lol

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2022, 05:19:19 pm »

▼▼▼▼▼

The children hoot and holler in approval "Bulk! Bulk! Bulk!" The blond thug looks down his long nose on his propped back head at the oblivious, furious face ramming the oversized chickenbone down his mouth. Struggling to get free, he jerks a bit, but Bulk braces. He tries again, and this time pulls free to spin the attacker to the floor, then falls back half-a-step while holding his throat and coughing. The bloody hag is breathing harshly but stays on guard behind the moppy haired stinky slave, who slices quickly twice at the mustached man. When he misses both, the old man's hip bumps the knife wielder onto all fours.

"BULK CONSUME!" When Bulk comes in again the blond thug looks up to see a gaping idiot mouth close out all light. Smuthered, he hollers, "My Neck! AHH!" The runner continues to run. "I FEEL SO ALIVEEEE!" The old man picks up the poo wood bucket again and slams it down on Moppy Head. He goes face first into the messy floor. Out cold. The hag backs away slowly from the advancing teenager, and crumples to the ground. She holds up two fingers in surrender...

T2 {Pin}, T3 {Bleed}, T1 {KO}

-- T3 -- -- --
-- T1 T2 -- --
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
-- KZ HZ MF FF
-- BP HP -- --

Shafts of light from the ceiling grate flicker with the sound of dispersing children as the crimson door creaks opened once more. This time two brown pointy helmets waddle in, the complementary grimacing guards carry rows of chains and cuffs. "GET BACK! GET BACK! Patch that one up, looks like she might bleed out. YOU THERE---WAKE UP!"

Once the deep red cuffs are snapped on each pair of wrists the chains are pulled, and the slaves are taken away...

▲▲▲▲▲

Spoiler: Injuries (click to show/hide)

Gladiators Slaves: Choose one of your Battle Feats to increase your TRAITS by 1 point!
Quote from: Battle Feats
Technique: Successfully performed an action related to your current job. Fighter*: MF
Resilience: Hit by an enemy attack. Bulk, HP, MF
Agility: Dodged an enemy attack. (Or ran around shouting the entire match, either or) FF, HP, KZ, MF
Intelligence: Manually changed position. Grindak
Theatrics: Performed an action that got the crowd cheer. KZ, HZ
Strength: Successfully attacked an enemy. MF, KZ, Grindak, Bulk
*Fighters specialized in unarmed fighting. Punches, Kicks, and martial prowess.
(If you are still unclear on how these work specifically, that's OK as I am still feeling it out myself.)

0.12 Defense Advantage
Most defensive, silly, or passive actions will simply give you a roll advantage on the first attack on you until your turn comes around again{-1}. This bonus will not be given to people that are skipped. BTW I am happy to be accommodating if you give me reason to think waiting an extra day will give you time to get a turn in, but otherwise I want to keep the game moving along.

(Since these changes would mean FF could dodge better, and I think if I didn't there'd be a riot, FF was permitted the agility feat!)

Next Up...
We'll start the first chapter. You'll get the chance to prepare for your first official fight, which will happen over a few updates. Or you will have an opportunity to attempt to escape your Master, whom ever they may be...

I'll be speaking to you and readers as if you began reading there, so gameplay will be reviewed once the next battle starts. You have now seen the main gameplay. If you've had enough, now would be a good time to drop out. Thanks for participating in the tutorial!

Now is also a great time for interested new players to sign up.

Victory! (+1 Fate)

He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2022, 05:55:38 pm »

Battle Feat: +1 Resilience (Bulk/HZ)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2022, 05:58:36 pm »

Battle Feat: +1 Resilience (Bulk/HZ)
I'd like to request *Bite* as a Bulk™ Move.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2022, 05:59:20 pm »

Wait our stats go up if we eat stuff, so I guess that means I need to eat one of the thugs.
Tis what Bulk was trying.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2022, 06:09:49 pm »

+ 1 intelligence.  i also claim a dead thug and rapidly eat it
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2022, 07:35:00 pm »

+ 1 intelligence.  i also claim a dead thug and rapidly eat it
Bulk keeps nomming on the thug before being dragged off.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2022, 08:20:15 pm »

+1 Technique.

I grimace in shock as some of the other slaves start attempting to eat the downed thugs; meanwhile my stomach growls with the pains of starvation, before I'm dragged away by the guards.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18