Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: The Big Random Questions Thread  (Read 15995 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Random Questions Thread
« Reply #225 on: December 08, 2022, 11:37:38 am »

Yes, because science doesn't happen in a vacuum and we haven't eradicated cystic fibrosis, epilepsy, trisomy, genetic propensities for cancer, predispositions to addiction, haemophilia, near-sightedness, far-sightedness, or male-pattern baldness.

We can't have an illuminati's illuminati if we don't presently have an illuminati, and believe me, we don't have an illuminati. Trying to refute 'what is' with 'what if' is a fool's errand.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 08, 2022, 01:34:32 pm »

I agree with None. Humans make mistakes, even the ones at the top of their game. Sports wouldn’t be all that interesting of elite athletes always made the play. Businesses wouldn’t fail if the people involved were making the right decisions. All that malarkey.

Conspiracies are also much less likely to be kept secret the more people involved in them, and for an organization to run the world probably requires a number of people involved.

Tie them together, and any secret organization doesn’t remain secret for long, due to numbers l, incompetence, or hubris.

However, to your point, The OG illuminati were a progressive offshoot of the Freemasons, and discussing things like the rights of man and democracy in “secret” groups and spreading to the various monarchies around Europe doesn’t go down well with said monarchs, so it got stamped out right quick. A touch ironic that the name is now used to refer to shadowy authoritarians guiding the world toward a future for their own ends, don’t you think?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 08, 2022, 01:58:19 pm »

A touch ironic that the name is now used to refer to shadowy authoritarians guiding the world toward a future for their own ends, don’t you think?

If you're not denying that very concept of a shadow government, then you've got to accept there are indeed shadowy groups in play with some amount of power. And it makes no sense that they'd all be new.

Sidenote: None, I'm saying we NOW have the technology to really get into the gene editing, not previously.

I'll repeat myself: There's a difference between running the world and doing your best to run the "next" one.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 08, 2022, 02:05:10 pm »

Nevertheless; this is more interesting as a historical question. There have always been shadowy conspiracies trying to run the world,

Do me a solid, who are these shadowy conspiracies trying to run the world? Gimme some actual historical examples of global shadowy conspiracies.

And don't say illuminati, because they did not exist and still do not exist, so they're not a historical example.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 08, 2022, 03:34:17 pm »

is it the jews?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 08, 2022, 03:35:19 pm »

is it the jews?

I have a Jewish acquintance. I can ask.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 08, 2022, 06:32:26 pm »

Nevertheless; this is more interesting as a historical question. There have always been shadowy conspiracies trying to run the world,

Do me a solid, who are these shadowy conspiracies trying to run the world? Gimme some actual historical examples of global shadowy conspiracies.

And don't say illuminati, because they did not exist and still do not exist, so they're not a historical example.

Oh, not global, but definitely on the level of empire. And I'd bet that yeah, somebody tried to do something global post the British empire. If you had high-level contacts in both parliament and the US congress at a certain point you were halfway there.
Reading a thinner book

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2022, 06:34:12 pm »

A touch ironic that the name is now used to refer to shadowy authoritarians guiding the world toward a future for their own ends, don’t you think?

If you're not denying that very concept of a shadow government, then you've got to accept there are indeed shadowy groups in play with some amount of power. And it makes no sense that they'd all be new.

Sidenote: None, I'm saying we NOW have the technology to really get into the gene editing, not previously.

I'll repeat myself: There's a difference between running the world and doing your best to run the "next" one.

There are NO "shadowy groups" running the world. There's nothing "shadowy" about the powers that be. Most of it is fairly open these days, it's just hard to track a strand of info in the torrent of fact and fiction. Just follow the money.

It's the Fucking banks. It's ALWAYS been the Fucking banks.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 08, 2022, 07:00:28 pm »

the Fucking banks.
So that's how new banks get made!

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2022, 07:40:26 pm »

the Fucking banks.
So that's how new banks get made!

Well, yes. But the banks aren’t fucking eachother.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 08, 2022, 08:12:17 pm »

something something makin' a deposit
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 08, 2022, 09:28:54 pm »

Banks don't themselves call the shots when it comes to all the very private meetings of their clients. They're... banks. And at this point, people want more then money. Honestly, if you understand the future you can't even be sure your money will be all that relevant.
Reading a thinner book

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 08, 2022, 09:51:46 pm »

What if... what if we are the bad guys?

/existentialcrisis

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2022, 09:53:09 pm »

/existentialcrisis
Oh you poor innocent.
I'm totally classified as "the bad guy"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2022, 10:21:28 pm »

/existentialcrisis

Relevant.

Banks don't themselves call the shots when it comes to all the very private meetings of their clients. They're... banks. And at this point, people want more then money. Honestly, if you understand the future you can't even be sure your money will be all that relevant.

How do you understand something that doesn’t exist? :p

Banks are able to figure out plenty by where the money comes from or goes. For example, Jeffrey Epstein’s victims are suing banks because they should have been able to tell he was up to no good by looking at the various transactions, and can (as well as should!) act accordingly.

The world is capitalist. Money makes it continue to rotate, and as such the pursuit of wealth won’t stop until capitalism does.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21