Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: The Big Random Questions Thread  (Read 15985 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Random Questions Thread
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2022, 12:29:13 pm »

Sorry guys we're funked

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: size

Don't worry, we solved that problem back in 1995. You can too!

I have fond memories playing this DOS title on my grandfather's computer waaaaay back when I was a wee lad. Prolly explains why my brother likes shmups so much.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2022, 01:51:51 pm »

What's the Iluminati's Illuminati?
The penumbra

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2022, 02:27:04 pm »

Seriously.

If you were in the Illuminati, you'd realize there's always a naturally smarter guy. You rely on being better at using your smarts.

So what about the other groups with other (secretive?) ways of maximizing their intelligence?

And if you were in the Illuminati, is that really how'd you look at it, or would you always focus on the naturally smarter people?

And this is looking at it with the assumption that the top of society is the most important. What about the secret societies of the squeezed middle, who are willing to get desperate? Do you get further letting people find their own mates, or with a breeding program to maximize their intelligence? There's a lot of unanswered questions.

You can't tell me that in previous eras which ran on arranged marriages no chieftain thought, "lets get creative. What happens if I make this blacksmith nerd fuck this serial killer actress over here."
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2022, 03:07:53 pm »

What do you do in your life that things like this is what you think about?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2022, 03:45:57 pm »

I'm aware of the present and ambitious about the future.
Reading a thinner book

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 05, 2022, 11:29:43 pm »

How do I sign up for the SN Illuminati breeding program?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2022, 12:57:39 am »

What No Bitches™ does to a mf:
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2022, 02:01:48 am »

Asking questions like this are what get you assigned a donkey or some other animal, just remember the Illuminati are a bunch of dicks with nothing better to do than fuck with us.

What's the Iluminati's Illuminati?
Your mom!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2022, 06:37:45 am »

What do you do in your life that things like this is what you think about?
Illuminati obviously

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2022, 01:51:26 pm »

How do I sign up for the SM (squeezed middle, I think that's what the typo was for?) Illuminati breeding program?

Basically just a well run cult. All you have to do is find one that's been going for a few generations with big ambitions.
Reading a thinner book

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2022, 02:08:05 pm »

So, the problem with a breeding program is that some Other Party determines whether your genes have something to contribute to The Program. And with whom your genes might be suited.

Thankfully, my genes are fairly broken, although I do think that I possess some decent attributes. Probably a genetic dead end though.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2022, 03:15:59 pm »

There is no illuminati though. Any hypothetical shadow organization of the sort is really just wealthy people trying to make more money, garner authoritarianism, or some unethical bastard trying to get their rocks off, and that's the kind of thing that relies on exploiting people now and not making people later, and they're not really working together because powerful narcissists want more power/money/etc for themselves, since sharing means they have less.

Sorry, it really just tops out at billionaires, shell companies, and dictators, and their goals are all in the span of one lifetime. No cults, no hyperintelligence, no breeding programs. Anything you see to the effect is a small-time operation of some religious/usually racist nutter. Hell, look at Scientology, that's just a pyramid scheme to siphon money off of gullible celebrities and dodge paying taxes to the IRS.

The closest thing to the illuminati's illuminati (being a fantastical imaginary body coordinated and capable of carrying out its goals globally) would be 'meaningful government regulation' or 'human rights committee.' But since there's no such global force, we have slavery and genocide of the Uighars and Nestle laying claims to and withholding water rights in third world countries.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2022, 02:47:44 am »

There is no illuminati though.
That what they want you to think!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2022, 04:18:28 am »

Well the closest thing we have to it is that one Important Guy Party once a year in Switzerland where all the "elite" of the world get together to discuss policy and how badly the peasants smell and what not.
Love, scriver~

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2022, 11:30:46 am »

You really think we can live in a world with gene editing basically in our fingers, AI on the horizon and peoples minds full of possibilities and NOT have a illuminati?

There's a difference between running the world and doing your best to run the "next" one. And: the closest thing to a global shadow government probably isn't full of complete idiots.

Nevertheless; this is more interesting as a historical question. There have always been shadowy conspiracies trying to run the world, and I am genuinely curious who they in turn were suspicious about. The smartest? The wisest? Or something else? Where do the smartest people who influence things the most really truly go?

Edit: Pre science?

I guess the question is, did the smartest people in the Ancient world appreciate the potential for human advancement and actually try to play that card?

If not, what was the height of their ambition?

It seems like they had an appreciation of human potential if not possibility. Is it most realistic that the best and brightest in their time focused on training up the greatest students possible and have them influence events in their favour?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 12:30:30 pm by Scoops Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21