Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 60849 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 3
« Reply #900 on: December 29, 2021, 03:01:21 pm »

Toony is sus as hell, but I’ve been known to blind myself tunneling before. Let’s move on.

Honestly? You’ve really proved yourself town in how you’ve handled this responsibility. Ignoring Vectoastoon, that leaves Spin, Egan, Roden, and TolyK. If Egan is still alive Day 5 their resurrection is different from the source and they need to die immediately, but for now? Let’s look at Max, TolyK, and Roden.

… unless you want to go on Helia or Knightwing? Just checking.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 29, 2021, 03:04:12 pm »

Hey why are you sleeping on Erebos? Highly suspicious, if you ask me!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 29, 2021, 03:05:46 pm »

Erebos is already dead if you trust Toony. Which I don’t. If Erebos doesn’t die like he’s supposed to, Toony needs to die.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 29, 2021, 03:53:26 pm »

Alright, time I started engaging with stuff again.
I don't like the King play at all, nosir. I very much don't like that Fal is the one playing it.
Has Egan landed yet? Going off the original Angry Unicorn role, he should've hit the ground last Night—yes?
Who has the Sprint Hat, and is that person willing/able to toss it my way before N3 hits? I have a spell from Jim I could try.

Three things to point out:
1) Fallacy's recent play puts him right in the spotlight, where mafia doesn't want to be.  Fallacy's reveal that the Crown is one-turn only means that Fallacy has basically put all the attention onto him.  While if he thought he was definitely going to be voted today, he might figure it was worth it to eliminate one town player, it is far more likely that he is just a townie struggling to help before dying.
2) Fallacy's prior play also puts tons of suspicion on him by apparently answering honestly, however not completely.  That is more the play of town.  Mafia would have shut up.
3) Perhaps most importantly, I HAVE to assume Fallacy is town for this vote phase, or we can't vote anyone.  You all need to either assume Fallacy is town, or try to set Fallacy up to vote correctly, which you do by acting as if Fallacy is town.  Fallacy has the vote, you don't, so you gotta coddle/banboozle/schooze/trick Fallacy into doing the right thing.

I like your logic with points 1 and 2. That said… the way you frame your case, your actual reads on Fal exist to further justify cooperating with him. Make sure you're keeping those two things separate.

…unless you are sure Fallacy is scum that will abuse this power in such a way as to give town NO INFO, in which case you just advocate for me to vote Fallacy and skip voting this phase.

You're working in an extra little point here: if Fal is scum, we should still lynch how he does for the information.
Let's question the assumption. Is an info-yielding mislynch better than a No Lynch right now?

1) Roden claims to have been mistakenly given an Anti-Anti-Webadict wincon and also claimed Selene spoke in the message. This is at least plausible. If I accept that it's true, it's easier to believe that the entire "template" of the post was mistakenly used. (He seems to have still believed himself to be Anti-Webadict, but since that goes with the role name I could buy that it's something webadict would have added separately and could thus not be included in the mistake...)
And 2) last EOD, Helia said her domain is the day, and Selene's is the night. I think the Webadict acts during the day because bullets work during the day. If I accept that the Anti-Anti-Webadicts are a traditional mafia team, then they act at night. I grant you that there is no evidence that they ARE a traditional mafia team or even that there is a plural "they" to begin with and not just one possibly-Fallacy player, but I'm trying to go with Occam's Razor here and assume the setup has at least some of the things I would expect.

Two quibbles:

- I don't buy that Roden's wincon switch was a mistake—I imagine if it was, he would've been told as much by webadict, explicitly, OOC. We saw an example of that earlier when Roden's damage was miscalculated. Instead, Roden's expressed uncertainty about the origin of the alteration—suggesting that the lines between in-game and out-of-game reality were still blurred.

- Which Figment represents "Pro-Webadict", by your reckoning: Helia, or Aeos? One claimed the alignment, the other gave Egan a role. Alignments and Figments may not line up as clearly as you'd like.

I'm not ruling out Fal as third-party, but I don't think we know enough about the flavor yet to make an informed argument with it.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 29, 2021, 03:54:03 pm »

@Mod: Is Helia alive?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 29, 2021, 05:12:58 pm »

Ok, so why not Roden?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 29, 2021, 05:32:05 pm »

I'm sorry, why is my name coming up? I've already full claimed literally everything about my role and wincon and proved that I have the Anti-Webadict wincon, so I don't know why I suddenly have suspicion on me or why I'm being accused of stealing hats.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 29, 2021, 05:34:59 pm »

Why are you not suspicious of Toony when I proved he didn't have the Anti-Webadict wincon?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 29, 2021, 05:53:07 pm »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 29, 2021, 06:30:47 pm »

I haven't read the whole thread yet.
Two quibbles:

- I don't buy that Roden's wincon switch was a mistake—I imagine if it was, he would've been told as much by webadict, explicitly, OOC. We saw an example of that earlier when Roden's damage was miscalculated. Instead, Roden's expressed uncertainty about the origin of the alteration—suggesting that the lines between in-game and out-of-game reality were still blurred.
I don't think this is necessarily true. Even if I were told as much by webadict, explicitly, OOC, I would feel obligated to express the possibility that it's still part of the game somehow. Have you tried asking how explicitly he was told? (Genuine question, I just said I haven't read anything else yet)

- Which Figment represents "Pro-Webadict", by your reckoning: Helia, or Aeos? One claimed the alignment, the other gave Egan a role. Alignments and Figments may not line up as clearly as you'd like.
Aeos. Helia represents "Webadict", which is confirmed a different alignment - see webadict's partial flip:
Missing Information from Day 1: webadict was the Webadict (Webadict).

Helia said she was Pro-Webadict, but I was also explicitly told she had lied in a separate situation, so, she's a liar.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 29, 2021, 06:35:27 pm »

I'm sorry, why is my name coming up? I've already full claimed literally everything about my role and wincon and proved that I have the Anti-Webadict wincon, so I don't know why I suddenly have suspicion on me or why I'm being accused of stealing hats.

Sorry, just had to poke you.
Switch to TolyK

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 29, 2021, 06:51:58 pm »

I think… the execution I’m happiest with is TolyK. Barely. And that’s a hammer.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 29, 2021, 06:54:17 pm »

Here's my problem with this post; you aren't offering alternatives.  You offer no alternate proposal for why you took damage, you offer no alternate proposal as to who killed Jim, you offer no alternate proposal as to who is scum.  You list some people you think might not be it and throw a vague, loose suspicion at TolyK, but don't commit to anything.

So yeah, here.  Who do YOU think killed Jim?  Why didn't they take damage?  Who should Fallacy and EuchreJack vote?
You haven't played mafia with me before.

Look, I don't know. I don't know how any of the involved powers work. Maybe the mafiakill doesn't take damage from WHATEVER TolyK did. Maybe there's ghosts.
The point is, I don't, as a rule, advance speculation about things until I feel that I have information - and I never commit to something until I'm sure. I never have, and I never will. If I'm inexplicably the only one who doesn't trust Vector and you, then I can't really advance a theory that people will accept. Superdorf seems town. EuchreJack seems... neutral. Roden feels more or less townie. Who else is even in the game? Knightwing probably can't act during the day.
All right, two thoughts did occur:
...remind me why we're assuming Egan can't kill? An immunity to damage could be a plausible recontextualization of that role. What if he's just "mafia"-analogue instead of "cult"-analogue? Is there any rule that people must be the same alignment as their figments were in their original game? We've been taking a lot of what he said for granted, and I hope it goes without saying that he isn't dead, he was never dead, dead people don't vote.
And the other thing that I realized: there are ghosts. TolyK, what does whatever power you used say about Figments vis-a-vis Players?

But now you're going to complain that I'm just throwing darts at the wall or something. I just don't have a lot to go on here and my action apparently failed, so I'm in a position of being mostly useless. And I still want to try again the next night.

The truth is, at the end of the day, I think scum is you. So obviously you're not going to like my position. I guess trying to justify it has therefore been a waste, but hopefully you can at least move on and try taking it out on someone else?

(I hit preview here...)
... what the hell
I told you Fallacy was no way town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 29, 2021, 07:00:19 pm »

Damn, played all along?
Let's see the flip.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 29, 2021, 07:23:50 pm »

Oh my god.

I'm shooting Fallacy tomorrow, I should have enough firepower by then. Whoever has the factional kill: don't NK me or you auto-lose, I'm pretty sure you know why.

Also to clarify, I was told I was just given the wrong wincon before being given the correct one, and it did seem OOC. I really don't think it was gameplay related because my actual alignment never changed, but I don't want to rule out anything. I never had any private chats, nor was I told who the Anti-Anti-Webadict faction consisted of.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 82