Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37279 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 1: The Melancholy of Momo Mitsui
« Reply #420 on: November 06, 2021, 01:26:50 am »

"I saw. Maybe...no, I've got nothing. Glad you're on our side, Nullstar. But Kyoko, do you still have those throwable packets of glue in stock? In the rescue mission, I realized I should have a way to stop people from running."

Miyako glances meaningfully to Yusuke, but turns back quickly so as not to have him notice.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 06, 2021, 03:25:24 am »

"Yes, your eyes don't deceive you. It is a lot more practical for us."
"...An odd contract, but we suppose it is nice to be working with folks instead of taking jobs alone."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 06, 2021, 08:25:13 am »

The young man running the store extends his hand over the racks of staves and books of gathered ofuda.
"You're lucky, miss. We just got in a new shipment. You'd come in a day earlier, you'd have missed it, and a day later and the Resistance would've snapped them up. Come, quick."

She didn't entirely see the need to be too fancy.
"Oh, I'll just take a simple Heal staff, thank you.", Kaori mumbled quietly, making her purchase, before blinking in surprise at the shopkeep's statement. For a store to run out of stock in a single day seemed unbelievable to her. Even if they were supplying for a Resistance. "That fast? Is that, um, something that happens usually around here?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 08, 2021, 12:38:04 pm »

"Uh...huh. Anyway. Yeah, we have some glue packs. Natsumi ordered some in, but they sent us too much, so she just told me to do with it what I needed and took the rest for her tailor supplies."

Yusuke scoffs, but it's clear it's more from disbelieving it could end than disbelieving Setsurou's will.
"I hope so too, Setsurou."
He exhales.
"...so. What do you make of everyone else? Sorry about the sudden topic change. I figured talking about the Curse would bum us both out, so....I, for one....can't really figure out that Rengoku girl, but the rest of 'em...."

"Of course. Lord Kiritani wants to keep the Resistance prepared, just in case. The Empress is incredibly powerful on her own."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 08, 2021, 03:14:35 pm »

"Hmm. Our allies."

"Well, we can trust Tanigawa and Traxesa... of course, that's not telling you anything new, I suppose."

"I don't know what to make of Todoroki, the hooded woman with him, or that strange man in the gold and purple armor. The first two are strong, but I don't know how dedicated they will be to the Resistance. And the other one... I've never heard of such a creature. Perhaps he is some form of Shiryo that mimics humans. As long as he isn't hostile, I'll keep an eye on him."

"The twins are... interesting, but unaffiliated. We'll see about them with time; the same goes for that huntress, Yorusaki. As for Ohara, he knows Traxesa, so that's a point in his favor. And he seems dedicated to his job, so I can't fault his responsibility. As long as Rengoku is with us, I imagine he'll be a good ally."

"The Sheep is with us now as well. I suppose if we're trying to gather the Cursed it's better to have her here instead of the Empress for her own protection. And then there's the other Misaki - a reptile, too. He's got the scars to show he's a tough one, though I'd have to observe him more to see if he is a skilled warrior or simply too stubborn to fall."

Setsurou turned to Yusuke.

"That's my current impression of everyone thus far."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 08, 2021, 04:31:10 pm »

"Again? Not very professional of the supplier. Either way, I'll buy some."

Having made the unspoken agreement with Kyoko to ignore the Nullstar's eccentricity, Miyako pulled out her money pouch and started counting out the glue packs' price.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 08, 2021, 05:16:12 pm »

"That fast? Is that, um, something that happens usually around here?"

"Often, during times conflict, the demand for basic necessities increase. Even more so for tools, weapons & common first-aid items. Mahou is no exception to this.” Traxesa approaches the store commenting on the girl’s question. He had no reason to stay with the smith since he doesn’t exactly using metal to fight. Turning his attention to the man at the counter he pulls out his journal and flips to a page with a list of basic Mahou crafting supplies to create a simple Wind spell, "Do you have all of these in stock? I prefer to personally make my Curses, rather than buy them premade."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 08, 2021, 08:37:54 pm »

Nullstar unceremoniously dropped a bag of gold on the table and gave a brief nod.
"And here is the gold for the kama."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 13, 2021, 07:16:31 pm »

"Pleasure doing business!"
Weapons have been bought and will be placed in inventories.

"Heh. Observant as always, huh?"

"We have resources. Not in as much quantity, but..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 14, 2021, 01:38:47 am »

"...My father's teachings, I suppose. I have yet to break the habit of evaluating people by their talent. It must sound rather cold and mercenary."

"I'll try to do better."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 14, 2021, 09:31:50 pm »

"So, your dad was....that kinda guy, huh? Not that I mean to pry or say anything bad about him."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 15, 2021, 04:56:01 am »

"He expected much out of me. I am the first Misaki born to the line of Tsubouchi and the eldest son, so it seemed only natural I succeed his position and he wanted me to be better than he was."

Setsurou paused.

"...I wonder if I am. I know that as it stands he is far and away my better in practical combat experience and knowledge of ninjutsu, but I think the path he chose is the easy way. I don't think any less of him for traveling the same road as his father and his father before him as far back as the Yugen clan extends, but that isn't for me."

"Change is difficult to live through and even tougher to enact, but I believe I'm up to the challenge."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 16, 2021, 04:46:09 pm »

Kensuke shows up to the group.
"If you've made your resupplies, we have to hurry along."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 16, 2021, 05:23:26 pm »

With a nod to Kyoko, Miyako picked up her new weapon, placing the packets into an easily-reachable belt pouch. She then turned to Kensuke.

"I'm ready to move on, for one."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 49