Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37277 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 1: The Melancholy of Momo Mitsui
« Reply #405 on: November 04, 2021, 09:28:09 pm »

"There's a first for everything, and also an end for everything. Curses, too, can't last forever."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 05, 2021, 01:05:31 am »

"Caught in this indeed. The breakout didn't go exactly to plan and we had to fight off some guards, and the guards decided to make enemies of every warrior in the block. Luckily, Lord Kiritani showed up afterwards so I didn't have to wonder how I'd pay them."

As Miyako spoke, she scanned Kyoko's wares, clearly considering something.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 05, 2021, 05:18:27 am »

"...That's basically it. The guards decided to attack everyone who was nearby, so of course we fought back. So we were 'recruited' to this cause whether it was our plan or not."
Nullstar focused on the kama again before speaking up.
"...Mind if we try something?"
"Fear not, for we intend to buy it. So your weapon is in good hands."
As soon as he was done speaking, two golden spikes from his armor extended to latch onto the kama to drag it towards the armor until it was pretty much gone as if it sunk into the odd armor. The outcome became all too visible with Nullstar briefly stretching his arms followed by two bladed extensions coming out from his back.
"Ah, yes. This will work indeed."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 05, 2021, 07:55:25 am »

!!!

"...That's not a normal suit of armour."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 05, 2021, 08:45:21 am »

Nullstar raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms against his chest while the blades slowly retracted until his armor was looking 'normal' again.
"Why are you surprised? You were with us in the carriage when we explained our meditation technique and how this armor is capable of twisting and shaping itself."
"Don't tell us you thought we were lying even after you saw those blades come out our forearms."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 05, 2021, 09:01:51 am »

"I just thought it was more...mechanical. The arm-blade could have been achieved with springs, but that... I've never seen something like that, mechanical or even magical. That was almost...organic."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 05, 2021, 09:08:36 am »

"Well, we never mentioned any of those things. When we said that the armor can be twisted and changed, we meant it literally."
"So the meditation does help us to unlock what this armor can do. And also one of the reasons we prefer to not let folks 'examine' it."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Prologue: Yusuke Yamada Gains His Freedom
« Reply #412 on: November 05, 2021, 09:12:16 am »

"'Kay, that's new. Where didja geddit anyway?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 05, 2021, 09:26:58 am »

"...Where did you come from? Have you been just standing there listening to us?"

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 05, 2021, 09:29:50 am »

It was looking like this was starting to become a long-term outfit. It really couldn't be helped anyway if someone as important as the Empress was after them. Besides, she could the time to look into a cure from here too so things weren't a complete loss. But, for the time being, it did look like they had an imminent mission happening so she may as well get ready. With any luck, they'll likely stock some level of restoration charms.

"Um, I'm going to go take a look at the Mahou shop.", she announced quietly. "If, um, anyone else has anything they'd like, please let me know and I'll take care of it." Well, while she was at the Mahou shop, she may as well take care of everyone else's shopping along the way. It was the least she could do.

Shortly arriving at the Mahou shop, Kaori took a brief moment to glance at all the goods in stock before calling out in a soft voice.

"Oh, um, hello? If you don't mind, I'd like to ask about the staves you have?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Prologue: Yusuke Yamada Gains His Freedom
« Reply #415 on: November 05, 2021, 09:31:22 am »

"Nah, jus' arrived afta seein' the movin' blades. I'm jus' way quiet 'spite, y'know. Bein' big."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #416 on: November 05, 2021, 09:43:13 am »

Madoka continued to observe the interaction from the back, jumping a bit when Nullstar's armor... did whatever that was. She still didn't quite know how to interact beyond challenging people to duels, so instead she stepped toward one of the blades on display to examine it, a bit away from the rest.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 05, 2021, 09:52:18 am »

"Huh. We thought you were pretending to be a statue like the other one over there."
"We found it in an isolated temple. We were told this was a 'cursed' relic, turns out they were lying."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 05, 2021, 06:26:28 pm »

Kyoko just stares, bug-eyed, at Nullstar absorbing the kama into his armor.

After a few moments of staring, she clears her throat, coughing.
"....um. Em. Uh. Yeah. Uh. Sure. Okay. You just.....absorbed that. Into your armor. Did....you guys saw that, right?"

Yusuke bitterly laughs at that.
"You'd think. That's what the Dog said, too."

The young man running the store extends his hand over the racks of staves and books of gathered ofuda.
"You're lucky, miss. We just got in a new shipment. You'd come in a day earlier, you'd have missed it, and a day later and the Resistance would've snapped them up. Come, quick."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 07:07:10 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 06, 2021, 01:09:17 am »

"Perhaps I should rephrase. The curse of the Cat will end with you. That is the duty I have chosen. No matter what it costs me, I will see it broken."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49