Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37278 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 1: The Melancholy of Momo Mitsui
« Reply #390 on: October 30, 2021, 05:06:22 pm »

The young woman quietly finishes her work, setting aside the blade to cool, before staring intently at Nullstar. Something familiar stirs about her, but not in the sense you've met her before.
"...my name is Shintogo Kyoko, of the Shintogo school, student of Shintogo Goro. I see you are interested in our crafts."
After a moment, she snorts, looking a lot less serious than she did previously.
"Sorry. That sounded too serious. My sisters said I should advertise myself a bit more seriously, since I won't have as many customers out here in Sangonomiya. My name's Shintogo Kyoko. You might run into my sisters; they're running smithies all over the Five Kingdoms like I am. Please, have a look at what I've got. It's not much. I'm still a journeyman myself, so these aren't as good as my sisters' weapons."
She examines Nullstar's armor.
"...impressive armor, by the way. I'd ask if I could have a look myself; there's some forging techniques there I haven't seen outside of old books. Sorry if I'm being too forward. I'm really into blacksmithing, as you can see."
She giggles nervously, before looking back and grabbing a bundle of wares to lay them out on a table for Nullstar to have a look at.
"Here's what we got."

Spoiler: Shintogo Ironworks (click to show/hide)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 31, 2021, 03:12:25 am »

While there was something about her bothering his mind, he couldn't quite figure out what it was-Surely it couldn't be someone from his hometown, right? Nullstar raised an eyebrow at the introduction followed up by the snorting and change of behavior.
"...Right. We are Nullstar. We assumed folks advertised in their own special way instead of following some sort of specific way, least they wish to sound suspicious or weird. Besides, as long as these weapons are sharp and sturdy, they will do the job."
Nullstar raised an eyebrow as soon as his armor was mentioned yet again. If things kept going this way, he probably was going to need a cloak for the sake of avoid drawing attention towards it.
"Thank you, and while we can understand your reasons, we would rather not have it inspected. Tell us; did you or your siblings ever pass by the Eastern Swamps?"
After asking that, he focused his attention on the wares, looking for a specific type of weapon.
"Aahh, there it is. A weapon with a bit more of reach."
He commented, with his eyes now focused on the steel kama that was on display.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 31, 2021, 01:02:30 pm »

"My sister Akiha went out to the east. She's currently working in Yasoinaba."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 31, 2021, 03:52:04 pm »

"Oh. For a moment we thought we heard of your family."
"Then again, we used to live in a very isolated area, so that wouldn't be a very productive or wise choice for a blacksmith."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 02, 2021, 09:54:31 pm »

-snip-
Daisuke nods at the instructions, wasting no time in heading towards the market. It'd be wise to prepare for a fight by visiting the apothecary, in case he ended up cut off from healers when they were needed.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #395 on: November 02, 2021, 10:05:13 pm »

Madoka, lacking much to do, elected to head toward the smithy. Nullstar's figure wasn't exactly a subtle one, so she had no trouble reaching them, but she lacked a plan for what to do when she arrived. The wandering duelist just sort of. . . stood around awkwardly, watching Nullstar and the blacksmith talk.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Prologue: Yusuke Yamada Gains His Freedom
« Reply #396 on: November 03, 2021, 04:46:17 am »

Miyako walked back to the group with Hiroyuki. Evidently, they had moved on to business. Both the money kind, and the resistance kind, based on how Kensuke seemed to be waiting.

"Hi there, Kyoko! It's been a while. Learned any new techniques?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 04, 2021, 12:46:15 pm »

Kyoko waves at Miyako.
"Oh! Hey, Miyako! Wait, are these guys the ones Lord Kiritani sent you to bust out from prison?"

Daisuke approaches the apothecary, where an old man in Kobayakawa colors calmly loads the vulneraries onto shelves.
"Ah. Hello, young man. How can I help you?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 04, 2021, 12:51:06 pm »

While both of the entities sensed someone nearby, they preferred to simply wait for them to speak up. Weirdly enough, he heard nothing, so whoever showed up wasn't really interested on talking, maybe pretending to be a statue or something else. But his attention soon turned back both to Kyoko and Miyako, shaking his head in response.
"Negative. We were just caught in this mess."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 01:11:51 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 04, 2021, 01:10:21 pm »

Setsurou was torn between going to look at the mahou supplies - he didn't really need any at the moment, but he was curious about them - and staying near Yusuke. Eventually he settled on the latter and looked over toward the Cat.

"Should we go find your father? He'd probably like to see you again."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2021, 07:01:50 pm »

Yusuke shakes his head.
"Knowing Dad, he's trapped in Kaedehara. That's about a few days' ride east of here. I'll send him a letter telling him we got here safe."
"Maybe after we figure out what the Resistance wants with us, we might get some spare time to meet up with him."
"How're you holding up?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2021, 08:49:38 pm »

Setsurou carefully examined his current mental and emotional state.

"I.."

"Hmm."

The shinobi folded his arms across his chest.

"I'm not sure what to do. I've always had a plan, a schedule, duty. I've discarded those things - for a good reason, of course - but I feel a little... unmoored. A ship drifting across a calm sea with a storm approaching on the horizon and no knowledge of how to weather it."

"But we're both here, so I think things aren't that bad. And you?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2021, 08:55:07 pm »

Yusuke stretches his arms out for a moment.
"Well....it's definitely better than prison. Now that all of us Juunishi are out, maybe...."
He clenches his fists, before sighing.
"....I feel like you guys went to too much effort to get me out, honestly. Both you and the people who got involved. Rengoku didn't need to be here. And you...you risked a lot."
"Right now, though, I'm just happy to be out. The Empress wanted to lock me away forever. And I don't mean in that palace; being the Cat and all, she wanted me somewhere far away. Still so much left to do. Not sure I'll have the time."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 04, 2021, 09:02:17 pm »

"You're half-right. Those people shouldn't have gotten caught up in this, but Tanigawa, Traxesa, and I already made our choice. Leaving you in her hands wasn't something we could do. You had already been under her thumb for long enough. Cats are meant to roam."

Setsurou looked around, taking in the scenery. It was so much different from the Imperial District. Even the air tasted different.

"You deserve to be free. Not just from physical imprisonment but that curse laid on you. Know that I'll do anything in my power to give you that freedom."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 04, 2021, 09:15:48 pm »

"Not sure I'm worth the effort. Nobody's figured out how to break the curse, anyway."
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49