Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37271 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 1: The Melancholy of Momo Mitsui
« Reply #450 on: November 28, 2021, 10:13:22 am »

"You are only making it sound all the more interesting for us."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 28, 2021, 02:23:49 pm »

"Nullstar gets it." Kazuki finally started to look prepared for the road ahead rather than sounding like it was all an inconvenience. "As far as I'm concerned? A challenge is a challenge. I'll just duel 'em and play dirty— plain and simple. Or have Cloaky duel 'em for me and then I blind 'em and make it nice and easy for her. Though she doesn't seem like the type to enjoy a good unfair fight like I do."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 28, 2021, 02:35:29 pm »

"There is no such thing as 'fair' on a real battlefield. This won't be some honorable contest to see who is more skilled; this is going to be a fight and whoever is left standing by whatever means necessary is the winner."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #453 on: November 28, 2021, 02:57:00 pm »

"I'm the Unscarred Blade." Madoka placed her hand on one sword. "I don't need, um, my Gnosis to win. I have, um, it because I win."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 28, 2021, 03:00:19 pm »

"Lighten up a little, I'm only kidding," Kazuki waved his hand. "Nobody with half a brain's gonna expect to get a whole battlefield cleared out for them for a one-on-one fight."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 28, 2021, 04:29:30 pm »

"We suspect you are expecting too much for them. They don't look like the kind of folks with a sense of humor."
"But it will be an amusing challenge either way."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 28, 2021, 05:47:31 pm »

Kensuke nods at the soldier, before looking back at the party.
"Alright then. We'll see in a week, after you've delivered the message. Good luck."
Elsewhere in the camp....
As Kamisato troops gather in preparation of nearby Imperial troops, Hiroyuki, spear in hand, rides up to a group, spear in hand.
"Ladies and gentlemen! Spears at the ready! The enemy is at our door! We must repel them! I need one of you to come with me."
He taps one of the soldiers on her shoulder. She was a recent arrival; a mercenary, a Gnosis in hand, like many disgruntled by the policies of the Empress.
"Amano. Come with me. We shall ride out and meet the enemy together. The rest of you, on your feet! This woman has more fight in her than you all do! Follow her example!"

Sakurako Amano has joined the party.

[Now Playing: Momo Theme ~For Treasure~]
The party makes their way back down the road they came to Sangonomiya, a few pack horses carrying their belongings. It becomes apparent when they have finally arrived, because a mass of soldiers is lying, groaning on the road, their armor and weapon rent apart by the wind. Momo is standing closer to the party, the winds beneath her running around and carrying her adrift into the air, a feat barely manageable by even the strongest Aura Gnosis users.

She grins cheekily at the group.
"Glad you could make it, everyone!"

However, a young woman stands still in the middle of her fallen men, armor un-rent. Her pose remains unmoved in the face of surging winds. She shifts her stance, spear in hand. The Cursed immediately recognise who this is.

Tomoe Todayama, Cursed Boar of the Zodiac.

"Momo, do not make this more difficult than this has to be."
"Come on, catch me already!"
"You are outnumbered! And you can't fly forever."
"Product of an unproductive imagination, Tomoe-chan. Don't you want to be as free as the rest of us? Aren't you chafing under the Empress?"

Tomoe's grip on her spear tightens.
"....you know why I can't disobey."

Hiroyuki suddenly arrives, Sakurako in tow. His eyes light up.
"Well, if it isn't the young Todayama! As I live and breathe! Young lady, you've grown so well. Friends, I've brought you a new ally. Amano Sakurako, one of our finest."
Tomoe stares at her old master, and at this, her spear falters.
"...H-Honda-sensei? I....we thought you were....missing."
She pauses.
"....wait. You were Cursed....that's not possible. You were the Ox when..."
She shakes her head.
"....no. The Empress' orders on us are absolute. Even if I don't....I don't want to do this, Momo. Please, don't make me."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Prologue: Yusuke Yamada Gains His Freedom
« Reply #457 on: November 28, 2021, 06:08:11 pm »

This scene was not at all what Miyako expected.

Note to self: don't mess with Momo.

However, it presented an opportunity. Tomoe didn't want to serve the Empress anymore? With a bit of clever wordplay...

Miyako stepped up.

"Absolute? Hardly. Listen to me, Tomoe. What did she order you to do?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 29, 2021, 07:38:37 am »

Momo drifts to the ground, landing next to Miyako.
"Really? You're gonna try to dissuade her of all things? You should know she's pretty bull-headed."

Tomoe clenches her spear tighter.
"It is easier for you to say that, Tanigawa. You didn't have to deal with her wrath. She didn't take it out on me, but those under my command."
Clearly angered by whatever the Empress did to her men, she doesn't say much more, nor further condemn her. Another part of the Curse, it seemed.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 29, 2021, 11:18:20 am »

Miyako frowned at Momo's lack of faith, and whispered:

"It's worth a try."

She spoke up to Tomoe, gesturing at her men lying on the ground.

"Is this any better? With us here now, trying to capture Momo will only lead to further pain to them, if that was what the Empress ordered you to do. I know you must attempt that impossibility, so why not attempt another? Figure out a way to escape. A loophole."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 29, 2021, 11:46:20 am »

Tomoe stares Miyako down.
"You're right, it is no better. But....I don't have much of a choice."

This time, a subtle shift of her spear and Tomoe's eyes flickering behind her for a moment draw Miyako's attention. Hisao seems to be approaching, his forces getting near. What was Tomoe getting at?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 29, 2021, 11:47:43 am »

"I have a simple solution, Todoyama."

"A few of these will completely incapacitate you and render you incapable of stopping us without harming you - as long as you don't struggle against the vines. Your men can cut you free later."

"...I'm sorry there was no time to take you with us, but you understand that the Cursed should be free. I did what I could - no, what I had to do."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #462 on: November 29, 2021, 11:48:43 am »

Madoka stepped up. From the way she moved, it looked as if she were ready to issue a challenge, but instead she just turned to Miyako and gave her a small nod to indicate that she had a champion if she needed one.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 29, 2021, 12:43:18 pm »

Miyako sighed.

"Yes, I suspect we'll have to put this on hold once Hisao gets here and you get the opportunity to... what are you two doing here, exactly?"

She turned to her allies for a moment.

"Everyone, soldiers approaching. Probably about as many as are on the ground here."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 29, 2021, 06:14:01 pm »

Tomoe stands her ground.
"We were here pursuing a lead on Momo's disappearance. You know I can't simply let you go."
She pauses.
"My orders were to arrest your entire group. If you surrender peacefully, no harm will come to any of you. On my word as a Todayama, that I promise."
You can tell from the shift in her expression, she's got....something planned. But you can't be sure what.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49