Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: SPACE BRUTE: A Suggestion Game  (Read 5907 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE BRUTE: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2021, 02:50:02 pm »

C
They will merely strike back, given the chance. Perhaps their corpses can fertilize the plants of the planet we land on

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2021, 05:04:20 pm »

C I feel like not everyone is totally on board with the premise

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2021, 07:07:52 pm »

C

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2021, 10:42:44 pm »

B. It is dishonourable to kill a surrendered opponent, and he's not much of a threat. If he's committed crimes worthy of death we con hold a trial later.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2021, 02:42:43 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2021, 08:36:40 pm »

You drop the pirate off the side of the mech. He lands, badly, and moans on the ground. You will spare him for now, but you have a lot of killing ahead of you. The pilot crawls to the edge of the room as you stride to the interior do to continue your work.

You carve through the compound like a hot knife through butter. In the close hallways they are no match for you, and their fortified defenses collapse before your might. Even as you fight and battle, you feel your self quickening and growing stronger, your strikes becoming surer. Soon enough you stride into the command room. There are a few trembling pirates there, better dressed and standing by computer monitors. In the center of the room stood what was clearly the commander in an almost throne like chair. He was a heavy set man, dressed ornately in white with golden cords. He rose to his feet and shows his palms to show they are empty.

“ Hey now, we can talk-“

You send his head rolling off his shoulders, your blade cutting cleanly through the neck. The dart launcher he hid around his wrist discharged harmlessly into the floor.

With his death, the remaining pirates surrender. Their would be captives take shelter inside the compound, and capable members start investigating what exactly is going on here. They are a bit stunned by your defeat of the heavily armed pilots, and that quickly turns to awe as they begin to realize how close they came to being enslaved and sent to work out in the jungles of Salicore. There were surviving prisoner forced to work for the pirates, and they cry as they are released from their bondage.

You, however, take a small room and kneel. You’ve been trained in many situations, but you’ve never done something like this. Something about you has changed over the course of this day. You realize that you:

A. Blood Knight: The nightmare of humanity’s enemies. The dark warrior sent into the night. You are a Blood Knight. You directly gain power from the slaying of foes. The stronger the foe, the more strength you accrue from their life force. You will be the perfect hunter, never having to stop. Your power will grow to aid you in the slaying of foes and the accrual of power. Some paths are hard to step away from.

B. The Guardian: Protector of the innocent. The blade between death and life. You are a Guardian. You grow stronger from combat and training, but it also from protecting those in danger and in need from help. You will mediate to center yourself and improve your abilities. Your Will gives you the strength and the ability to survive, defend, and overcome any obstacle. The First of the Order were like this. Maybe you can avoid their mistakes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2021, 08:43:36 pm »

A.

I doubt this will win. But I'd like not to have to be honourable all the damn time. I'm more of a, pace IcyTea, raise the white flag and don't give up kind of guy.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2021, 08:45:58 pm »

B

Don't worry, Spin, with all the horrible wildlife about, we'll definitely have plenty of things to kill at all times.
And besides, if we look to the original BRUTE for cues, this will probably also bring us to a "alright, go conquer fucking everything" archetype so we can fight anybody we think should belong to us.

Also, being a defender of people doesn't mean we don't get to fight dirty as all hell.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2021, 08:57:53 pm »

A. The Blood Knight.
The mistake of the order was that they held back. Doubt and hesitation are a weakness. The way to avoid it, to revel in the bloodshed. We can still help the innocent but do in the only way we know how and are fated to, by the spilling of BLOOD... And let others clean up the mess.

B
And besides, if we look to the original BRUTE for cues
Well, this is not that game.
So for that alone we should go with A...
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2021, 08:59:44 pm »

B
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2021, 09:00:56 pm »

B

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2021, 09:05:48 pm »

A
Last time we “gradually got stronger” we ended up see
Ing life force out of everyone, including our mother. This way, we will only take the life force of our foes

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2021, 03:55:01 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2021, 04:13:34 am »

What even is so great about the innocent anyway? Maybe we should protect the guilty. They probably need it more.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2021, 03:12:08 pm »

B

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8