Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: SPACE BRUTE: A Suggestion Game  (Read 5889 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE BRUTE: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2021, 07:07:17 pm »

C

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2021, 08:12:57 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAA
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2021, 08:22:27 pm »

Okay, B is cool, but C is probably more useful.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2021, 08:52:08 pm »

C please, I feel like it opens to greater opportunity, especially here.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2021, 08:54:56 pm »

D or C.  Either one is a form of unstoppability, but the shadows sounds like it could be more fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2021, 02:23:41 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2021, 11:33:34 am »

Your Will rages and roars, and you breathe. The spores irritate your lungs, swarms if creatures bite and crawl on your skid, and a deep gulf of exhaustion threatens to drag you down. You refuse to let it. You embrace your connection to the nature around you, to the wildness that swirls around Salicore.

Your Will thrums in satisfaction. You feel your wounds close, the air stops from choking you with every breathe, and the gnats studiously ignore you.

The Ralqarth hesitates before leaping at you, claws outstretched. But now, you feel rejuvenated. You swing your sword with all your might. It cuts deep, sending the beast’s head flying off and causing the body to collapse lifelessly into the brush. The Ralqarth’s head snaps wirelessly into the air, but you already begin to see it start to regenerate from its head.

What do you do?
A. Destroy the head, take the body back to sell for what you can only assume will be a vast sum of money.
B(. Heart of the Jungle): Attempt to control the Ralqarth with your Will.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2021, 11:48:25 am »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2021, 02:13:19 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2021, 03:05:41 am »

B

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2021, 07:29:34 pm »

B

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2021, 10:36:10 pm »

You grab the detached head of the Ralqarth. It mindlessly snaps at you, acidic blood and spittle flying from its jaws. The pain is easily ignored as you focus your Will on dominating the creature. You can feel its presence, its hunger and rage, flickering now but growing stronger with each moment. You try and strain, but the connection between your Will and the beast refuses to form.
   In frustration you roar, and plunge your sword into the Ralqarth’s skull. Suddenly you feel your connection to the beast snap into place. It stops trying to bite at, lying still and dormant. You feel a grin spread across your face.

You are greeted with wide eyes and berths as you return to the captured compound, riding atop the Ralqarth. It (she, as it turns out) serves as an extension of will as long as your sword remains stuck in the beast's body. The Ralqarth is an even better hunter than you, and together you take down a Mammoth-Gore, a pack of Tevvin, large cat like creatures with poisonous barbs it can shoot at will, and what the pirates called a Doom-Chicken.

The pirate guides in particular react somewhere between sheer terror and unadulterated greed.
   “That. . . beast, the Ralqarth, has a bounty of at least fifty million credits, enough to buy several starships at least!” Yagarb exclaims. Yagarb is rather short and is missing a few digits from his left hand. He was one of the pirate’s “rangers” taking prisoners out into the jungle to harvest what they could before they died.

You lean close to Yagarb. “The beast is mine. You have no say in what I do with it.” Yagarb’s face turns pale. Seeing he got the message, you turn and look at the gathering crowd. You gesture at the heavily laden tank of carcasses, fruit, and other botanical treasures. “Can anyone figure out if any of that is edible?”

Well you have your wealth, a basically unstoppable war-beast, and are pleasantly full of delicious Doom-Chicken. You bid goodnight to Ileia and Susa, who has been asking you many questions and is begging for a baby Ralqarth of her own (You were able to push it off until she was older, before Ileia’s glare melted through your forehead.) A shuttle to Susara, the dominant floating city on Salicore, would arrive in the morning.

You have some time to meditate and reflect on your experiences. You gain:

A. One with the Jungle: Wild creatures and dangerous plants will ignore you or react favorably to you.

B. Eye of the Ralqarth: See and sense living beings a hundred yards around you, even through walls and other obstacles.

C. Wild Speed: Dramatically increase your speed for a time with an expenditure of Will.

Also, do you decide to keep the Ralqarth?  Keep in mind you will need to keep your sword inside of it to act as a control rod for the time being.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 10:38:44 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2021, 10:51:36 pm »

A, I absolutely want to go the route of channeling a deathworld.

And of course we keep the Ralqarth, we don't need to worry about such paltry things as melee weapons!
Her name is now Unicorn.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2021, 11:51:41 pm »

And of course we keep the Ralqarth, we don't need to worry about such paltry things as melee weapons!
Her name is now Unicorn.
+1 although should keep our machete handy. Not as good as a well made sword, but still a decent weapon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2021, 02:25:33 am »

Her name is now Unicorn.
+1 although should keep our machete handy. Not as good as a well made sword, but still a decent weapon.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8