Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105194 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 3): Four Wary Glances (4/7)
« Reply #195 on: October 04, 2021, 12:46:32 am »

Pretty sure we just vote Vector here lol. I didn't believe it when Jack said he checked me, and I have no reason to believe Vector would choose to check me either when I was the only person to full claim and Tric was literally asking to be targeted.

OK, serious question ... if I didn't cop you, and I was delayed by NJW, then what do you think I did instead?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 04, 2021, 03:33:12 am »

Pretty sure we just vote Vector here lol. I didn't believe it when Jack said he checked me, and I have no reason to believe Vector would choose to check me either when I was the only person to full claim and Tric was literally asking to be targeted.

OK, serious question ... if I didn't cop you, and I was delayed by NJW, then what do you think I did instead?
Does it matter? For all I know, you could be telling the truth and still be scum. A town Rolecop has no reason to check a BP claim, but a mafia Rolecop could do it to see if I'm bluffing and really just a Doc trying to deter scum from shooting me. That way you don't risk wasting your NK just in case I actually am BP.

Can you explain what you hoped to gain from Rolecopping me and not Tric or NJW? Again,Tric was actually asking to be checked and was teasing a mystery role, so why not cop him?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 04, 2021, 07:58:10 am »

It would have also confirmed them under normal circumstances. And still no case Vector? I'm this close to voting to no lynch.

Thinking on it, if NJW is Mafia, they delayed the kill to delay Vector. If they aren't, they delayed Vector. So simply No Lynching will solve this case. Barring me being mafia, but Vector, you kinda have to give the case on me being it. Right now you're flailing. You can't ask questions without also answering them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2021, 08:00:28 am »

Put more simply, Roden is clear in my eyes. Which only leaves you two left. Are you willing to no lynch and get delayed again?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2021, 04:46:53 pm »

A good reason not to do that is because if I was scum and actually killed NJW last night, NL-ing would result in a double-NK and a game loss for town.

Luckily I'm not scum 9_9
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2021, 05:13:17 pm »

PS: A good reason to check Roden over Tric is because of the [Roden, Metruption] contains a likely scum scenario. It wasn't Metruption so it's better to just ... go ahead and check.

Next: folks who are asking me why I didn't check Tric, are you kidding me? Tric and I were mechanically confirmed townies in a game together and we lost. Confirming Roden's role is much more valuable for town because a confirmed bulletproof townie can eat an NK after being confirmed.

Based on playstyle I don't think it's NJW, so I'm voting for TricMagic.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2021, 05:52:13 pm »

A reminder that NJW's Delay would delay your own kill. But that's as good a confirmation as any of you being scum. Just voting me without a case. Simply logic which is false..

Remember this Vector, I revealed myself at the very start of the game. While no confirmation has happened, that is entirely on me. Not you. Roden is town, and NJW delayed you. And not wanting to actually push the NJW lynch or make a case on me outs you firmly as a Red Vector.

There really wasn't anything you can do. Roden said it best.
GLHF! Should we mass claim to panic scum and force them to come up with a fake claim on the spot? I haven't played short games in awhile, but I imagine forcing scum to claim early could trip them up, at least in the first round.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 2): A Pentagon is Perceived (5/7)
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2021, 05:54:54 pm »

Posting from class, need an extension.

Pretty sure Euchre is scum given that townie role cop + cop doesn’t make a lot of sense for game balance. I’m sure enough on this that I’m good to hammer when the time comes, but would like to hear discussion on this point first.

Also, this. Just this. A better argument would be that you were the rolecop. Which in light of your own claim is very suspisous.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 2): A Pentagon is Perceived (5/7)
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2021, 06:28:45 pm »

Also, this. Just this. A better argument would be that you were the rolecop. Which in light of your own claim is very suspisous.

I wasn't going to out myself out without any results and draw the NK. Silly goose.

(Nice OMGUS).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 1): Seven In The Lounge (7/7)
« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2021, 06:31:06 pm »

Day 1 posts. Logic Chess Begin!

First Post. This one involves Jack, Meta, and Roden. drinks tea

First is the call for massclaims and his thoughts. Vector conclude Roden is currently NaI, I assume this means Not any Info. This actually conflicts somewhat with Vector investigating Roden, as a bulletproof is an infoless role. Another investigative target could have been picked, for example.

Vector:@Toony: As usual I struggle to read Tric. Null.
Myself. As he stated, he had no info on me at all. Confirming my role would have resulted in him being known not to have done the kill, as well as rendering today an open and shut case for him. his ability to ferret out the truth would have given us a likely victory, with only two suspects. Of course, I could have been killed before then, but the same skip day would apply if Vector was town and didn't do the kill. When no-one died, it could have pushed Vector out of suspicion.

So another target. Jack, someone who has always been a bit of a wildcard. Unlikely to be killed as well. And someone you fingered with suspicion. Of course, we now know Jack wasn't working alone, and shut up very quickly with the self-vote. But investigating him would give you town-cred when he flipped. Instead he died without anything from you but saying you'd be fine with voting Jack.

Notable is the fact that as the end of day 1 approached, his posts became more suspicious. Which is what ended with me pegging him as Mafia during day 2.

Second Post. drinks tea

"Not Indicative of Alignment"? .. Well, point stands that wanting info is not indicative. But.. Directed Bandwagon to rolefisher is a reliable scumtell? Meta approved, I approved and revealed, and Meta ended up dead by your and Jack's votes. Mostly due to falseclaiming, but you were the first vote, and kept it there for the whole day. And you certainly could have pushed harder on Jack day 2. His claim felt scripted by someone else, which I thought weird at the time, but passed off as Jack's idea.

Post 3, 4, and 5.

Post 3 is setup. Big time. And right now you're hoping to cash in these chips. But without a case of logic, it's meaningless.

Post 4, Setup. Buddying NJW, and setting Roden up when Meta falls. But it didn't fall that way. With Meta's claim not being opposed to Roden's, I moved to Jack, as did others? Right now, he's the strongest, a 1-shot Bulletproof by your own admission. In a game where only mafia kills, that's as good as town that you can get. And in a game with a 1-shot cop and doctor, being a Rolecop is one of the worst claims one can make as mafia. As it's true, and you checked Roden's claim.

Post five, poking Jack.

@Met: Do you know how or why you became a Commuter?
It was just in my role PM, not sure what you mean.
Essentially, what is your flavor for why/how you're a Commuter? This is a themed game, sort of, so we should all have a flavor wrt our role.

This is a good post, NJW town equity ++.

For your second point, what scum suggests to mass claim and then claims BP?

WIFOM... I don't like the points about "not wasting the town vig's time" either. Just doesn't smell right.
That's fair I guess, but it sounds like you already assume I'm scum.
This shortly after, you already assume him to be scum, which is a point for checking him. Why though? Why think that yet vote for Meta?

Post 6. Jack hasn't answered, yet no poke!

I wish I had time to keep up with all of this.  And with our deadline being in 13 hours, gotta keep things moving.

Hopefully I'll have time to work on this more thoroughly with at least a few hours before the deadline.

Keeping vote on Vector for now.  The most recent post was good, but some of the previous ones sound like gibberish.

And the phone is ringing, sigh.  Later folks.

A very clear case of distancing, till Jack made the turnaround and killed Meta. Jack has consistently avoided suspecting you day 1.

Nice wheelaround OMGUS kid but I'm more likely to hit both members of the scumteam if I provide broad pressure within the first 24 hours. The difference between scumtell and dumbtell is how high the sucker jumps. . . . scumbucket.

Not OMGUS. This post is an incoherent salad of buzzwords.

Put simply, the evidence mounts against you. Looking at NJW, they've been consistently cool and collected this entire game. To the point I wonder what they are hiding. But as it stands, that just seems to be how they've been playing. I can call this, Case Closed. Though looking at day 2 won't help you either.

I wasn't going to out myself out without any results and draw the NK. Silly goose.

(Nice OMGUS).

Vector, I would have suspected a case, not a joke while I was making my case against you. Show some Evidence.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2021, 06:33:21 pm »

Hm, but we don't know the setup.  I think the mass claim strategy only works when we have at least some hint to the setup.

Not voting Roden because Town Roden seems to like the mass claim.  Hell, I'm not even suspicious, I just think its bad strategy.

This seems specious. Overexplaining. What does Town Roden seems to like the mass claim mean
This post seems to be genuinely bad faith. Vector posts in a way that makes me think they should absolutely be able to parse many likely meanings of this statement.

Am exhausted, sorry folks. I forgot that this was starting this evening.

Don't like Roden's call for a massclaim, and think that doing this with the bulletproof claim is scum-sided but perhaps NaI for Roden. Also feel ambiguous about Metruption's jumping on it + claim. Leaning Metruption scum.

@Toony: As usual I struggle to read Tric. Null.

@EuchreJack: If the vote on me is so obvious, why softpedal it with "regret?" FoS.
And here, they scumlean me for no reason.

I'm seeing Vector cast a rather wide net of shade with few townreads and this creates a situation where scum!Vector can just hop on a lot of wagons easily. There's another scumtell I see Vector going for that I've struggled with in the past. I'll call it out if I see more of it.

Vote Vector for Elimination
To quote, a wide net is nessaceery to catch fish. And there are a lot of town to kill, huh Vector?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2021, 06:36:43 pm »

There is one last piece of evidence I have. And it is something Town can present if it holds true for all. Let's see how you react.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2021, 06:52:11 pm »

And Vector is logged off. How much time is left in the day?

Checking, tommorow at noon for my, around 17 hours. And I'll spend quite a few of those asleep. Really Vector? Was kinda looking forward to the last piece of evidence. Not a panic pick.(like what vector is hoping for.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2021, 07:20:36 pm »

Quote from: False Prophet Vector
"No, it's you. You're trying too hard OMGUS."

K(since Vector isn't on.) Not sure if Flavor should be used. But you might note something NQW. You were asking for flavor earlier. There is good reason I chose this song.

So Faker, how will you respond to my evidence against you?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2021, 07:21:38 pm »

(Honestly, it might not mean anything. But Vector isn't even trying to engage now. And I won't be able to respond )
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 153