Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 104746 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 1): Seven In The Lounge (7/7)
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2021, 11:34:13 am »

What does Town Roden seems to like the mass claim mean in this context. Also, Vector notes NaI for Roden. Also, use Red, not bold. You are casting a wide net in hopes of netting a chance at survival.
Survivalism is NAI and this sort of language thievery is scum indicative.
You call it language thievery, I call it echoing your own words back at you.

Nin. Meta, why vote vector, weren't you pushing for me? What changed? Or are you Cornered?

You accuse one of casting a net. But let's move on from that. What is your theorized connection between Vector and I?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2021, 11:36:05 am »

Jack is referring to the "Newbie" game where town!Roden wanted the one-shot BP to claim if they existed since there's a meta way to play in that open setup. It's a bit different here but I understand their view.

Thank you for the clarification.

Metruption post:

My current best guess at scum would be TricMagic, that slot has a bunch of weird interactions.

Literally their very next post:

And here, they scumlean me for no reason.

I'm seeing Vector cast a rather wide net of shade with few townreads and this creates a situation where scum!Vector can just hop on a lot of wagons easily. There's another scumtell I see Vector going for that I've struggled with in the past. I'll call it out if I see more of it.

Vote Vector for Elimination

Nice wheelaround OMGUS kid but I'm more likely to hit both members of the scumteam if I provide broad pressure within the first 24 hours. The difference between scumtell and dumbtell is how high the sucker jumps. . . . scumbucket.

That's fair I guess, but it sounds like you already assume I'm scum.

Dude, I don't know if you and Metruption have the world's shittiest mindmeld or what, but "OMG scumhunting sus" is not the revelation you think it is.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2021, 11:38:04 am »

NJW, I was assuming you had some special ability to target those who can't be. Not that you'd just get back no result. Mafia can do that too, just aim the kill at the Commuter, then say they targeted them the next day if it doesn't work. Not like a doctor would target them with that sort of claim.

nin'd.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2021, 11:42:35 am »

You accuse one of casting a net. But let's move on from that. What is your theorized connection between Vector and I?
I never said there was a connection between you and vector. This is a transparent misrepresentation of what I originally posted to discredit me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2021, 11:46:35 am »

I wish I had time to keep up with all of this.  And with our deadline being in 13 hours, gotta keep things moving.

Hopefully I'll have time to work on this more thoroughly with at least a few hours before the deadline.

Keeping vote on Vector for now.  The most recent post was good, but some of the previous ones sound like gibberish.

And the phone is ringing, sigh.  Later folks.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2021, 11:57:36 am »

Nice wheelaround OMGUS kid but I'm more likely to hit both members of the scumteam if I provide broad pressure within the first 24 hours. The difference between scumtell and dumbtell is how high the sucker jumps. . . . scumbucket.

Not OMGUS. This post is an incoherent salad of buzzwords.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2021, 12:15:18 pm »

@NJW:
I've seen slot used to refer to players. The same way elim = lynch.

I'm starting to think Met is a mafia-ally if scum with their defensive reactions and claimed ability to avoid being targeting. I don't really get a mafia energy from them, so I think they're town or an m-ally. If we are in an m-ally setup then the two mafia wouldn't know who the other is.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2021, 12:18:41 pm »

@Jack:
You shouldn't mind me leaving a vote on you then if leaving yours on Vector is fine.

What do you think of Met? Town or mafia?

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2021, 12:29:01 pm »

What is mafia ally supposed to mean, traitor?

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2021, 12:30:43 pm »

2 scum + traitor would mean 7p is yeetlo which would be absolutely wack. I think a more "fair" setup would be scum+traitor or something else where the scum have a "flag" that when yeeted causes town to autowin.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2021, 12:36:38 pm »

Also, consider that I'm on the defensive because I've been forced on the defensive. If being on the defensive makes you yeet me and then when I flip town consider who orchestrated my wagon.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2021, 12:42:59 pm »

I never said there was a connection between you and vector. This is a transparent misrepresentation of what I originally posted to discredit me.
Buzzwords.

I asked you what the connection was. But if there isn't one, who do you think my partner or ally is? Who's Vector's? What do you think of Jack's latest post?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2021, 12:45:28 pm »

I believe with 7 players this setup is two mafia with a conditional kill power or this setup is one normal mafia with a mafia ally. Having a mafia ally who will not be accidentally killed by their mafia partner makes perfect sense to me.

Yes, I am suspicious of you Met being an ally, but I have greater grievances with others.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2021, 12:48:45 pm »

@Jack:
You shouldn't mind me leaving a vote on you then if leaving yours on Vector is fine.

What do you think of Met? Town or mafia?

Please do, it actually makes me feel better about you.  For whatever its worth, I'm leaving my FOS on you until I get a chance to review your posts in-depth anyways. But suspecting me is part of your Town meta these days.

I'm really not sure on Met.  They're doing a good job hunting Vector, but I think they're hunting Vector just because Vector voted them.  They sort of dropped their case on Tric without a good reason other than to attack a player for voting them.  There is also the concern that they claim to be an experienced mafia player, yet their play doesn't seem to be experienced.  I really can't say at this time. I'm not sure why they're getting so much flak for being a Commuter though.  It sounds like something to claim early that can lead to confirmed Town, so I think the claim is a good one to make if true and if town.

Nothing to add based on Met's newest posts.  I've made FAR worse.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2021, 01:10:20 pm »

Buzzwords.

I asked you what the connection was. But if there isn't one, who do you think my partner or ally is? Who's Vector's? What do you think of Jack's latest post?
You asked my theorized connection which implied you had reason to believe I had one. I never stated that there was a connection. It's absolutely reasonable to search for individual scum members and not consider partner equity on day1. After a red flip it becomes exponentially easier to analyze scum equity, especially with poe reads taken into account.

I'm not a huge fan of these jack posts, it feels like they lack any sort of real stance.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 153